• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

St.Johns wort, a unique antidepressant seems effective and other ethnobotanicals

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
Anyways Im dealing with stress and anxiety. I decided to try out my luck with St.Johns wort as my usage with Kanna has been quite extensive and I needed to make a change in my ethnobotanical regiment. I can swear to these ethnobotanicals I am using them constantly and I noticed a dramatically improved lifestyle thanks to them, Better energy levels, less stress, greater happiness, just a better overall feeling with life.

Anyways my current regimen of ethnobotanicals is Ashwagandha and Mulungu at night to ease sleep.
In the morning I take a daily dosage of St.Johns wort ,occasionally I mix in Kanna and occasionally I mix in Rhodiola Rosea as well.
I also take multivitamins in the am and a C vitamin. I also workout 4-5 times a week.

I use Rhodiola Rosea and Ashwagandha with a combination of Guarana or other Caffeine sources as a very effective preworkout before my workout sessions. My sessions are intense I do sprints, Running, a combination of pull ups, chin ups, dips and push ups, I mostly stick to street workout lately with Cardio.

Anyways I started St.Johns wort 2 weeks ago, I use a brand of St.Johns wort called Remotiv, this is produced in Europe in Switzerland . This brand of St.Johns wort has clinical backing behind it, it had clinical trials conducted on it that proved its effectiveness. On the information leaflet with Remotiv it indicates that usage is for mild depression as well as nervousness, tension and mild to moderate anxiety.

St.Johns wort takes a while to build up its effects, you will not feel it fully for the first week you need to wait at least 10-14 days before you start to feel its effects. Initially you do not feel much, maybe in the after a few days you will feel something mild but to start to feel it completely you need at least 10 days.
Once you start to feel St.Johns wort ,its a very effective mood booster, it reduces anxiety quite a bit.

For example today I started to feel the effects more fully, I took a tablet in the morning upon waking( 500 mg of Remotiv) . Initially I didn't feel anything, it seems to have a delayed effect but in the afternoon I started to feel really good, like good feelings of well being, I felt good and comfortable and my self esteem is boosted, I felt relaxed and conversations flow easier and social anxiety is reduced, I can just start talking to random people without thinking about it once like a barrier is removed between me and the world and other people my inhibitions are decreased , feelings of happiness are increased on St.Johns wort . My appetite seems to be reduced as well and I control my food intake better as well.
In general St. Johns wort seems to increase natural feelings of well being, substantially decrease stress, decrease social anxieties and other forms of anxiety. It doesn't give you a buzz however it most certainly has an effect and it is beyond placebo. It has a serotonergic type of feeling behind itself and a dopaminergic feeling as well , you feel uplifted, in a good mood and happy and your feelings of well being are increased. I am familiar with Serotonergic effects because I had XTC and Cocaine and I would say St.Johns wort is a watered down and mild form of MDMA, it has a lot of similiarities for me , minus the whole buzz and getting high and rolling. It gives me that feeling when Im coming up but Im not quite rolling yet but watered down and a lot milder, hard to explain but nonetheless enjoyable.
I have noted side effects with St.Johns wort these are as follows> GI Symptom distress such as feeling bloated or cramping, Ocassionally my heart races and this seems to be amplified if I have caffeine on st.Johns wort, when the effects come on a mild feeling of nervousness that seems to dissipate quickly , mild to very mild decrease in libido* I correct this by eat fish Omega 3 and by having Cocoa also I take Ashwagandha before sleep. I also noticed that St.Johns wort can cause increased Photosensitivity to the sunlight. I also noticed that St.Johns wort can have a side effect of feeling more fatigued at times and more stimulated at other times.

Combinations:
St.Johns wort with Rhodiola and Caffeine:
I had this combination and I must say it is very effective for increasing capacity for studying. The Rhodiola and Caffeine seem to increase energy and focus and concentration, However they can increase anxiety a little bit , this is where SJW comes in it reduces any anxiety that might come up from the combination of Rhodiola and Caffeine. It is a very smooth feeling, I can study and focus for long periods of time. Rhodiola seems to increase the effects of St.Johns wort and decrease the fatigue it causes and it seems to synergize with it. Rhodiola and St.Johns wort together cause a very nice mood lift, I feel uplifted and good when I combine them, my energy levels are improved, feelings of well being are increased, stress is substantially reduced, Social anxiety is drastically reduced. St.Johns wort and Rhodiola are a very good combination. The only side effect is mild nervousness and a racing heart but this is more so due to the caffeine, no serotonin syndrome or anything. Rhodiola seems to boost the effects of SJW by 50 Percent. Note:My Rhodiola Rosea is legit its Russian a lot of Rhodiola aint legit. I took 200 mg of Rhodiola with 500 mg of SJW and 225 mg of Caffeine This combination is very good, I felt great on it.

St.Johns wort with Kanna:
They work good together, it seems that effects of the Kanna are increased, however I took a small amount of Kanna. It seems to boost the Kanna buzz, however there seems to be more side effects specifically GI related as well as feeling slightly hotter and my heart races more. THe Kanna buzz is increased.However it seems side effects such as being very bloated, Nauseaous, Hott and dizzy, Seems to be mild Serotonin syndrome thus I decided not to mix Kanna with SJW anymore. Rhodiola mixes a lot better with SJW.
However I will note Kanna on its own has almost no side effects for me , Kanna provides a buzz for me however Kanna doesn't give me the feelings of well being that SJW gives me, everything else seems to be equal. However the Combination of SJW and RHodiola are better than Kanna on its own.
St.johns wort with Ashwagandha: No Interactions,
St.Johns wort with Fish and Cocoa: I had Fish food first and then Cocoa tonight and this seems to drastically increase SJW and produce a mild buzz at least for me.

Anyways St.Johns wort is good but you have to wait at least 2 weeks to feel its effect. If you suffer from mild to moderate anxiety or Depression pick up Remotiv or other brands of SJW and give it a shot.I used Kanna a lot and I changed to SJW and I like the effects of SJW>
I seem to react positively to Serotonergic type herbal antidepressant. SJW works however you need to give it time or combine it with Rhodiola.

The main difference between St.Johns wort and Kanna is that SJW takes a longer time for its effects to fully build up and it gives less of a buzz as compared to Kanna. Also Kanna is free of side effects whereas SJW deff has side effects. Also SJW provides more of block to anxiety for me and it gives me greater feelings of well being than Kanna however the mood lift is lower and energizing effect is lower . But Kanna provides more of an energetic type , stimulated antidepressant effect that gives a buzz to me along with feelings of euphoria and stronger mood lift and its way more rapid acting , instant for me. They are similar both of them work also by priming, but initially Kanna provides a stronger effect however after longer use the two could provide equal effectiveness, though I will say SJW has side effects especially Photosensitivty and it can damage vision if overused so I will cycle its use. Kanna has zero side effects and its more rapid acting.

if anybody needs advice about Herbals such as Kava, Kanna, Rhodiola Rosea,Guarana, SJW , Ashwagandha ask me and I wil give you advice.
I also wanted to note I used Mulungu lately for sleep its a sedative herb from Brazil, it dramatically helps with sleep, not much of a buzz however it will help you sleep. And I also use Guarana as an energy source , I also use Kola nut and I use Cocoa as energy sources so if you want to know about those ask me.
Herbals are milder compared to illegal drugs and weed however do not ever think that they do not cause benefits or help you out.

I workout 4-5 times a week and before working out I always have either, cocoa with Rhodiola or Guarana or Kola nut these herbs give me so much energy when I exercise and I am pushing my body way better and doing more reps, I am working out 4-5 times a week 2 hours each workout. I never use pre workouts I try to use natural herbs. They work. Especially Guarana, Kola nut and Rhodiola.