• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recruitment Basic Drug Discussion Needs a New Moderator! (April 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Calderone

Bluelight Crew
Looking to join our Basic Drug Discussion team? We are accepting applications for a new moderator or two so here's your chance to shine! We are currently looking for applicants who can be active on a daily basis, in both their moderating duties and participation in various forum topics.

Your duties as a moderator will be:

* To be an active contributor to the forum, to build forum content, and provide level-headed advice in regards to safety and harm-reduction.
* To respond to reports daily on threads.
* To check all forum threads for violations of BLUA and forum guidelines and enforce our rules.
* To edit, merge, close and move threads appropriately and modify posts as needed.
* To take part in wider discussions about Bluelight and BDD's role.
* Other general forum responsibilities

This is a volunteer position so we cannot pay you. However, there are some benefits which include:

* Additional inbox space
* A name change, if desired
* Full access to the Staff Nudie Thread
* A sense of God-like power
* If drugs become legal, you could add this to your resume!

In your application, be sure to include:

* Your approximate location and age. and amount of time you are able to spend on Bluelight daily
* Tell us why you are interested in BDD and drugs you are most well-versed in
* Your experiences and skills you feel would be of benefit to our forum
* Any ideas for improvements and/or activities or threads that would add to Basic Drug Discussion
* Any particular interests you have being a moderator here and what you feel you could bring to the forum

Please do not post your application in this thread. If you wish to apply, pm your application to our mods: Keif' Richards, Kittycat5, szuko000 and T. Calderone which will be forwarded to Administration.

(thanks to muvolution from which this thread was adapted from)

Last edited:
Ill be at home all month. Getting back on my feet. Im well educated, articulate and not a hot head. College grad. 41 with more than 20 yrs experience in addiction and recovery. Opiate user primarily but well versed in pretty much every drug. Had a 10 yr run of sobriety from 2002 2012. So i know how to live and stay sober. Our drilling rig got racked and we were out of work. Alberta is in crisis so i moved back to Vancouver and relapsed and got clean til 2014 when i relapsed again and then was put on Methadone.2 months ago i started a expedited taper and finished last week. Besides the constant fatigue and moodiness Im OK. So I have around of month of home recovery and then its back to work. So in the mean time I would be happy to volunteer.

Yes, we are still taking applications though generally, we prefer Bluelighters who have been on board for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.