Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1st experience with MDA

flower312

Greenlighter
Earlier in the week my boy friend (lets call him R) got a hold of a gram of powder mda. It smelled lovely just like sassafras and we knew it was good because we had a trustworthy source. I've got to say this has to be my all time favorite drug I've ever done (I have done MDMA, LSD, shrooms, DMT, daily pot smoker, 25i).
6:45 pm: I took about two 70-80mg pills
7:10: I started to feel pretty fucking gooood! really mellow almost a very stoney feeling kind of like rolling but not so speedy and feel good. R took the same amount as me and reported similar feelings.
9:00pm: this feeling has done nothing but gotten stronger we felt like a million dollars, but we werent tripping like we read and decided to redose. well we ount of the nightdecided to redose by boothing it (putting it in our ass). withing 10 mins i felt a rush of euphoria. I think this drug could be kinda addictive cause me and R just kept wanting to redose we wanted to have our first great trip in almost a year and we felt great but we werent tripping after almost 2 hours
11:00pm??: okay. at this point it gets pretty blurry. just all of a sudden we start TRIPPING with all the redses we did before that we did somewhere around .5 (yes I know this is stupid especially because of how tiny me and R are) my heart was RACING in my chest and all I wanted to do was lay down and cuddle and talk to R all night
1:00am??: shit was getting DELIRIOUS in a beautiful way! the walls were craling my teeth were chattering my eyes were fluttering the colors were lovely and I was in such a deep gone trippy state. I was flying through my memories I was remembering completely random shit from a long time ago and I would randomly recite something I remembered which worried R that I was a bit far gone, Everytime I would say something weird Id always say "wait....WHAT...nevermind..this shits CRAZY" and I was thinking real hard about pokemon for a good amount of the night.
4:00am: I go outside and smoke my last cigarette of the night and took a 5htp and a green tea extract pill and 3 3mg melatonin. It was slightly hard to fall asleep but somehow I got there. R was half awake the entire 4 hours I slept and apparently I talked a lot in my sleep. at one point I mumbled "is ground good againt fly?" R says "...what? Pokemon?" and I reply sadly "so it's a bad move?" R laughed and replied "Oh no it's a great move!" and i rolled back over
8:00am: my eyes open up and they feel wide I feel kinda wired at this point and i was STILL TRIPPING. I immediately get up to make myself a pot of coffee and get an overwhelming need to vomit so I run to the toilet and dry heave for 5 mins (last time I ate was friday morning) I lay on the floor fo r awhile and R comes and sits with me. I finaly get up and get the coffee.
9:00am: still tripping not as hard as earlier but i am seeing things move and crawl around out of the corner of my eye. R is seeing spiders. he saw spiders on my teeth. weird. After the nausea fades we start feeling great, very talkative and we end up ing on his back porch in our until 1 pm
1:00pm: not really tripping at this point but we feel kinda good and overall happy and our pupils are still HUUGEE
4:00pm: some of our friends come over and we get some wax, before we smoke a feww dabs I feel my heart start to RACE again and I feel quite uncomfortable until I take a dab, we smoke a few dabs and Im telling you I havent been that high in 5 years at least it was great and the wall was slightly moving I was very happy with the after effects of the drug, at this point I am STARVING
I felt the after effects and felt pretty great all day until I went to bed with R at about 10am. Today I have felt very little to no hangover effects and am very happy with this experiance. next time I plan on only taking .2 and hoping I trip hard and have no heart problems. If you like psychedelics and mdma I highly recommend this drug

Quite the trip! You already know this but that was a MASSIVE dose of MDA. You'll find similar results with much less substance next time around : ) like you my first time with MDA I was not getting the visuals after an hour or so and redosed again to try and bring them about. Of course this worked but the side effects (I was pushing close to 500mg for the night as well) were extremely pronounced. I tried mda again at a much more reasonable dose (200mg mda) and found myself tripping almost at the same level as my 500mg dose.

People just a heads up MDA isn't like a classic psychadelic trip. Yes they do share some similar qualitys, but MDA is more delirium inducing. For example I was seeing impossible things in the middle of a rave. A full blown plush couch in the middle of a commercial rave dance floor, people would morph into completely new people. People turned into zombies, werewolves and at no point did I question if it was real or not.. I was just amazed at how the HELL is this happening lol. I have done a lot of reading on MDA and it seems like some people don't get the insane delirious hallucinations, but I'd warn anyone trying to buckle up cause you MAY be in for a very wild ride ; )

delirium is right! next time i plan on 200-250mg i think i talked about the heart problems i had, i think they were so bad cause im 100lbs. did you feel any after effect the 3rd day afterwards? i feel dull and off, and i bit the SHIT out of my tongue and cheeks i cant talk, eat, drink its terrible

MDA is and has been on my 'to do' list for a long time now. I know one of the very first pills I ever took was high dose MDA, and I both loved it and hallucinated heavily whilst under its influence for a bit, but the vast majority of legitimate ecstasy pills I've ever taken were undoubtably MDMA. I've heard some people say MDA is very trippy, but I didn't know that trippiness came with a dose of delirium as well until reading your trip report just now! Hmm...interesting, I guess.

I know Strike aka Hobart Huson, author of the books "Total Synthesis" I and II, swore by MDA and wrote in the second installment that, "MDA is like MDMA but better," before going to federal prison for 8 years for running the rogue internet chemical company, The Science Alliance, in Texas around the years near 2000 or so which sold chemical reagents which were in that case proven in court to have been used by a group of college students (in Arizona, if I recall correctly) to manufacture MDA. It didn't help his case that he also ran the clandestine chemistry website, The Hive, to basically promote his company (and spread the sassafras oil to MDxx gospel of love and euphoria, too, I guess should say in his defense) AND went on Nightline to be interviewed while doing all this, where Ted Koppel or whoever it was interviewing him blew his cover by identifying him as Strike on air during their interview together.

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

MDA [2-amino-1-(1,3-benxodioxole-5-yl)-propane],

both the original 'Love Drug' and one of the first true research chemicals (as it was sold by chemical supply houses in the 1960s by mail order to individuals who were usually, surprise!, drug users not unlike us, only older) until the Controlled Substance Act came along in 1971, I think was the year, and made it Schedule I, pushing its manufacture and sale under the control of the black market of drugs, where its presence today is scant I would say in the overall drug scene as a percentage of money being spent on it in comparison to the total money being spent on other illegal drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, or marijuana.

Strike also contributed, I would say, to the strict control of sassafras oil which was put into place after he spread the word that this oil, which was then being sold cheaply and OTC many in hippie health food stores and elsewhere, could be used in the manufacture of MDA, MDMA, or MDE and which damn near killed the rave scene (along with the idiotic, tyrannical bill, Reducing America's Vulnerability to Ecstasy, which unconstitutionally took away our right to freedom of association, if you ask me, by outlawing these so called rave gatherings in our so called FREE--what a joke--country).

Still, Strike remains one of my personal drug heroes, after only Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin, who wrote the must read in its entirety PiHKAL (and after that, TiHKAL)--especially the first half, which is written as a novel, sort of--by any serious psychonaut, aspiring drug designer, or clandestine chemist. MDA is thought to be twice as neurotoxic (which is defined as the effect of a drug when it kills brain cells after being ingested, like ethyl alcohol, CH3CH2OH, is, for example) as MDMA.

I know these two drugs--MDA and MDMA--are similar, based on my own extensive history of MDMA use and much more limited use of MDA, but also because of the experience and reaction of gay men in San Francisco during the 1980s, when MDMA began its progression to widespread drug of abuse that peaked here in America around about the year 1997, I would say, who had never quit using MDA like most other drug subcultures had by then had, and had trouble distinguishing MDMA from MDA upon trying this new drug known as MDMA aka Ecstasy. I have also talked to older gay men who wanted me to make MDA for them, because they preferred it to MDMA. (I never did, by the way, in case you're wondering.) Finally, note the undeniable and significant structural similarity of MDA (as shown above) and the very important neurotransmitter, dopamine aka DA, below:

1-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane.png

DOPAMINE, abbreviated DA [1-amino-2-(3,4-dihyroxyphenyl)-ethane].

DA, which along with 5-HT aka serotonin, is one of the two most important neurotransmitters that make life as we know it possible and is implicated in addiction, learning, memory, wakefulness, motivation, muscle movement, paranoia, and reward.

Last edited: