• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, pupil dilation isn't any kind of measure of MDMA quality. Amphetamines, psychedelics, dissociatives and anticholinergics all cause of pupil dilation, with anticholinergics leading the pack in severity. More likely IMO, the "lack of euphoria" is a lack of stimulation and nobody wants to admit the stuff they took in the old days was enhanced with amphetamine.

Atara, I sent in my old pills from the early 2000s to ecstasy data, and they tested as MDMA, NOT MDMA + amphetamine. I had a few presses where there was obviously amphetamine mixed in, and you could see those orange flecks on the marquis results. But, those pills felt very different than the regular stuff I got. It was not the norm.

As for the eye dilation...well, if there is no eye dilation occurring at all then the product isn't any of the things you mentioned.

And Kaden, that Pikhal entry is a little misleading, as it is one of many entries showing how dosage changes the effects of MDMA. The next paragraph, with 120 mg states "There is nothing but pure euphoria. I have never felt so great, or believed this to be possible." So, you are basically showing an entry that is meant to illustrate that 100 mg is not enough to cross the threshold, which I think most of us here would agree with. However, the questionable product that we have experienced has been dosed at 200 mg with those same insufficient effects. Increasing the dose does not cause you to cross the threshold.

The first time i did MDMA i bought this pill https://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=6724&mobile=1 but a green one, these are Brazilian not Dutch and sell for considerably more than a normal pill, when I took it I felt full euphoria completly melting everything MDMA is supposed to be and a beautiful afterglow for some days after, could sleep perfectly etc... and I can promise you 100% that I didnt have any pupil dilation whatsoever, actually I always told my girlfriend that it was really weird our pupils didnt get dilated since MDMA is supposed to do that but with those pills it never happened our first times, not long ago I tried one of those blue punisher dutch pills tested with marquis and liebermann reagent as pure MDMA and I got massive pupil dilation but the effects werent nearly as good as pure MDMA, I honestly believe pupil dilation doesnt have anything to do with it for me at least personally no, I also con very slight visuals at the end on the trip with the punisher pills which I found extremely distressing since that never used to happen to me.

From Pihkal:

6 hours?? Max i got is 3 hrs.
In last 4 years I got all kind of batches, some gave me pupil dilated some not. All of it had short duration and lack of empathy, euphoria, music apretiaton etc.
Different kind of Duch pills. Mdma from big transparent, brown, yellow cristals and Powder. Location Europe.
All tested positive marquis reagent, some straight to black some purple.
And yes, Mdma was different back in the early 2000 when I started.

Last edited:
Also I should mention with those green alien pills the first few times the trip would last 6-7 hours, with the punisher pills it lasted about 4:30 hours.

@Jared- That ecstasy data report you posted is from Salt Lake City, UT. Based on the ease and shittiness of that particular press, combined with your two wildly different locations, it?s safe to assume your little alien head was different from that one.

-GC

I?ve found duration depends on batch for me too. I?ve found it?s not so much a safrole or not-safrole thing, I haven?t figured out the rhyme or reason to it. But generally GOOD MDMA has two types of characteristics.

Either it?s super hard hitting floor you type of stuff that lasts 3-4hours from initial comeup. Then there is the type that comeups a little bit later (like 45-60min instead of 30) but seems to last forever. It?s the comedown where they really differ. The short acting stuff drops off from peaking to sober almost as quick as you came up, the longer acting stuff has no jarring drop and you can party on it all night even though the roll ends at 6 hours or so.

I prefer the longer acting stuff for going out dancing but prefer the short hard hitting stuff for at home. My guess is that these differences are due to isomer variations.

If the MDMA peak is any less than a solid 3-4hours, then it?s either shit MDMA or a tolerance issue.

-GC

I dont think so, those are brazilian made, pretty famous, I bought them in Mexico, but they move around all the continent, they are pretty pure MDMA, I have never had pills as good as those ones even the powder I have that turns purple blue with the marquis and is pretty good doesnt come close to it, I dont think pupil dilation has anything to do with it honestly some people get dilated pupils with MDMA some dont.

I know for a fact that those same exact pills are sold in Texas, Mexico and Brazil and that they are made in Brazil.

And they are pure MDMA without cuts.

And I repeat I got crazy dilated pupils with the Dutch Punisher pills just half of one so I honestly dont think it means shit or at least is very individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaredborgetti, how do you know all of these things as a fact? I could go to ecstasydata right now and type in "Alien" and pull up four different versions of that press in the USA. Each one has different results. Three of the four are mixes of MDMA and MDA in various amounts. One is MDMA only. Based on the length of your experience, it seems more likely you had a mix of MDMA and MDA. Unless you sent your specific pill in for testing, there is no way to know for sure what you had. Copycat presses are very common.

As for eye dilation...for me, I always had very dilated eyes when I had good ecstasy. You are making statements that are not factual. MDMA is supposed to cause eye dilation. Maybe it is possible that you are an anomaly and your eyes don't dilate. Ok, maybe. But, eye dilation does have something to do with it for most people.

Lets just say that I know for a fact the greens ones were MDMA and they are from Brazil, there are other colors that are MDMA and MDA but the green ones were pure MDMA from brasil, take it as you wish, believe or not I dont win anything saying that shit, take it as you wish, no pupil dilation for first time user.

I was browsing the DW today, and I found this interesting. One listing claims to sell Canadian "Brown Sugar" MDMA. In the details, it specifically states: "The precursor used to manufacture our MDMA is helional."

First, I find it interesting that they are revealing their precursor in the details. Second, I have never heard of helional before. G-Chem or Glubra, can you comment on this?

Dude, you do realize that multiple producers will use the same pill press right? For some presses, if they are hard enough to copy, you can MAYBE assume that it would be the same despite the huge distance between the two locations.

Thing is, that is about the easiest press to copy ever. I can promise many more people than 1 are using this press.

On top of that, I know the scene in UT and I know without a doubt that your random press somehow did NOT make it all the way to Utah.

You can only use those results if the tests were done in a similar location, around the same time, with the exact same dimensions. Colors can vary but unless this is a huge operation (doubtful) I can?t see how that press made it the thousands of miles to random ass no-place Salt Lake City.

-GC

^^^Yes this is not good.. While it may cure our initial problem to some extent the mass shortages that may follow will not be cool. I?d suggest stocking up to many.

With that said, I can think of a number of other precursors that could be used in a similar way. They?ll come out wit a new PMK glycidate before long.

Also if I?m correct this will just effect the production end, not the smuggling aspect. So if some Chinese chemists enjoy the money too much then they?ll keep doing what they are doing. The market is too set up and vast.

-GC

I..................... I have never heard of helional before. G-Chem or Glubra, can you comment on this?

From Wikipedia:

Helional (from heliotropin, from which is it commonly derived) is a chemical compound used as a perfume in soap and laundry detergent. Chemically it is an aldehyde with a hydrocinnamaldehyde motif; a structural element which is present in a number of other important commercial fragrances and odorants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helional

Bath salts anyone ;-)

Here’s a reply on reddit from a guy who takes MAPS MDMA and is in a clinical trial. Here’s how he described the experience..

“”I have some questions about the mdma I’m being given at MAPS (FDA study). It definitely feels different from the street versions of the medicine I’ve had. Are you saying this is affected by the way in which they synthesize it, or just the purity (or both)?
The medicine they gave me felt MUCH more lucid in the dream-like states of the peaks. Conversely, in the troughs between the peaks, I felt way more high in like a drunken-headed kind of way. Like, trouble opening my eyes...
And all together, I experienced some serious time dilation. What felt like 90 minutes was actually 5.5 hours. I slept easily that night, and there was no hangover whatsoever the next day(s)...””

This seems to indicate that pure MDMA in a relaxed medical setting does cause some drowsy sedation type effect.

I’ve said this before and based on my own experience it may be true.. I wonder if the stuff is just too pure these days and the effects many old timers seek is found from some of the impurities found in older batches of product.

Combine that with some tolerance and it’s a recipe for disappointment.

This guys experience I can somewhat relate to. Not so much the drowsy troughs part, but how he describes it as being really lucid. This part has always struck me when I’ve taken extra pure MD, like your not even on a drug almost.

That said I can’t relate to the other part which makes me believe it has to do with the relaxed yet odd medical setting that it’s taking place.

Either way I found it interesting and of course only further complicates things. Idk what to believe anymore.. I think the problem here is with so many conflicting factors it may be impossible to ever find the truth. It may all come down to personal opinion..

-GC

I think the key point in that guy's report is that he describes peaks and troughs. This surely is where the term 'rolling was derived from and is something that is sadly lacking from the MehDMA we're discussing. The stuff I refer to as 'shit' has me coming up hard, but gets nowhere - there are no peaks and troughs, there is no 'roll', just up then down...

^ I'd bet my house (if I had one) on the "medicinal MDMA guy" having significantly dilated pupils during one of these MDMA therapy session; can we find that out possibly?

Also, the type of salt which is used is relevant, particularly with the rise of MDMA crystal and powder which will need to be measured on the assumption that the substance is MDMA-HCl and not some other salt). What is clear is that the labs do not all report the same across the board, as that helpful article linked above makes clear. Most government forensic laboratories seem to report only the amount of actual drug in the seizure, certainly in Australia this is the case. The user focused labs, particularly the European ones, invariably seem to report the quantity of MDMA as being the amount in salt form, consistent you might think with a user based approach to testing etc.

As an aside, has anyone ever seen MDMA reported as anything other than the HCl? I haven't, even for all of those mega dosed pills. I just really hope that the labs are reporting the salt corectly and not merely making an assumption that it is MDMA-HCl. This issue certainly isn't the answer to this seemingly neverending conundrum but it is worth keeping in mind nonetheless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.