• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biscuit, would you mind not sharing with the internet the new precursor's identity? I would like to enjoy my rolls for a longer period of time before said precursor inevitably gets banned. Talking about relatively secret new precursors like that on a public drug bullentin board frequented by law enforcement is just stupid. Besides, chemistry discussion is supposed to be verboten anywhere on bluelight.

Synthesis discussion is banned but surely basic chemistry discussion is entirely warranted, especially given the wide ranging relevance of this topic in particular. I can assure you, reference to the identity of precursors involved in illicit drug manufacture could never provide enough information to enable those reading the posts to engage in manufacture themselves. Further, a greater level of understanding of chemistry in most drug users will only help that user to develop better harm reduction strategies for themselves and their friends.

As for your point about me making public some supposed classified and top secret information regarding the precursor's identity, law enforcement the world over already knows all about it. They have known about this for years, long before it was being discussed on Bluelight. You can find specific mention of it in the Australian Crime Commission's Annual Report on illicit drugs from a couple of years ago. Heck, even friggin Mixmag knows about it, having named it in an article they published last year.

Trust me, when it comes to these more global and widespread "trade secrets", law enforcement knows pretty much everything and far more than almost anyone on here.

Nope Le Junk is correct, the MDMA experience these days is VERY different. I've had both the recent stuff and a saved 90's pill. 90's pill blew the recent stuff away by miles, lasted longer, much much better experience.

Brenner is 100% correct and I'm sorry some dude, but I sent my POS red Supreme into ecstasydata for lab testing. It came back as 100% pure MDMA, but it completely sucks. I guess it all boils down to, if you haven't done the real thing MDMA (pre-2001), you can only assume you're doing the real thing nowadays. In other words, if you've never done great ecstasy, you have nothing to compare to the crap MDMA you're doing today.

Le Junk

I would definitely get the Supreme's tested. I'm going to go out on a very short limb, and say that it was a counterfeit pill. I haven't been taking ecstasy as long as you, but I took them in the 90's and I've also been fortunate enough to have tried the Supreme's. If you had taken authentic Supreme's, I honestly find it impossible that you would have gotten tired (I believe that's the word you used, sorry if I'm off).

We used to get the good stuff here in Atlantic Canada until 2005/06. I found it once again from a small local chemist-made batch in either 2009/2010.

The available MDMA (pills, powder, caps, black sass - whatever) is not the same. I never changed how I used it over the years, and after no good experiences between 2006 until 2009/10 when I got those couple capsules of what I remember as MDMA, and I re-experienced what I remember from pre-2006, so it's not loss of magic.

My first pill was July 2000. And it was exactly the way you would expect - I was out-going (I am naturally very shy), I wanted to DANCE!, I thought I had an ESP moment with someone I just met, was high in 15 minutes, and it lasted 8 hours after which I could sleep easily. I felt no crack-out the next day, just very centered. I made becoming a trance dj my night-job, and went out 4 nights a week (but only dosed maybe 4 times a year). I made friendships that endure to this day. And I had nights where I disclosed feelings/opinions I later regretted sharing, and plans with someone I would never speak to again. I behaved with, and felt subjectively, the specific empathy and TRUE euphoria MDMA provides. I've also taken MDA, and caffeine, ephedrine and amphetamine, all separately and in combo in my previous pill experiences, so as much as anyone can "tell the difference" in their pills, these all feel slightly different to me, and VERY different from what is on the market today - be it local street powder, or Dutch import pills. It's not right. It's just not.

I especially agree with what Biscuit has said. And why. But we need proof.

Funny. I know a guy who complains about he then and now! He says the losing the magic and tolerance is bullshit. The old school m is much better etc. He thinks all conspiracy on this is from evil Feds that don't want us to have the real stuff. He goes on and on
However. The R vs s isomer argument fascinates me.
Anyone care to comment factual data to support. There's good detail on ALA. alpha lipoid acid. And on real absorption bioavailability. Vs the R or s. Type

I sent my POS red Supreme into ecstasydata for lab testing. It came back as 100% pure MDMA, but it completely sucks.

Did ecstasydata tell you the MDMA content of the pill in milligrams? I mean, it must contain SOME binder.

Why was the speed / MDMA / pills better ten years ago? Because your serotonin system was better ten years ago.

I am now officially old enough to say that people who are 30 now complain that the pills were magic 10 years ago, when the 40 years old were complaining how they were shit compared to the pills they had ten years prior.

It's like being a 85 year old dude with a shrivel dick complaining that the women used to be hotter.

"Back in the days, shit was way better..." usually means you are officially old :)

Exception maybe for the "Speed from Poland"-legend. They had a lot of Pervitin going over and under the counter, which is methamphetamine. It ended up fortifying the amph sulphate.

I've read so much denial of the obvious in fora across the internet that I actually also think MDMA fucks with your ability to think straight about MDMA. I myself have only given up on it after a ton of bad experiences.

MDE was semi-common at raves in the early to mid 1990s until it too (along with MDA and MDMA) was banned in the Nederlands. I took it once in 1996, and found it to be wholly smacky and enjoyable but not as a dance drug. Also, it only lasted me 1.5 hours. But, to answer your question LeJunk, I started taking MDMA in 1996 or 1997 and ate hundreds of pressed and powdered MDMA samples before 2000, so your new qualification doesn't exclude me from this discussion in the least. Also, there is nearly zero percent chance that the new pills are enantiomerically pure, either as R or S. A simple analog, hand held polarimeter reading of a sample or 100 of this new MDMA would settle that issue for good if we got wind of it. MDMA is best when left as a racemate, and that is also the form you get when you react PMK with MeNH2 in a reductive amination.

The new presses I've been getting are still enjoyable, but only a fraction as good as the good pills I got in the 90s. However, I chalk this up to my brain's biochemistry and/or morphology having been changed by the drug. Perhaps you should too, LeJunk, except you claim to be able to still get the fire MDMA now too. That might just be a placebo thing buttressed by years of taking that other old skool stuff, I dunno. I suppose there could be an intrinsic though latent property of the new MDMA's having been synthesized by its newfound synthesis from PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS IF YOU KNOW IT instead of the natural product, safrole--which is extracted from the Sassafras' tree's root bark harvested at the right time of the year, but that is just speculation as of this point.

Biscuit, would you mind not sharing with the internet the new precursor's identity? I would like to enjoy my rolls for a longer period of time before said precursor inevitably gets banned. Talking about relatively secret new precursors like that on a public drug bullentin board frequented by law enforcement is just stupid. Besides, chemistry discussion is supposed to be verboten anywhere on bluelight. Thanks, man.
Lol at keeping glycidate a secret. You need to get out more and read. Its common knowledge.

Haha, that will without any doubt convince everyone there is that legendary stuff after all. The tan version. Dresden = John McAfee, trolling.

Look at what you are writing here, man. It turns out to be 100% MDMA. And that cannot convince you. You are now officially a religious XTC nutter.

Why don't you people go into the speed threads and observe the speedfreaks from yesteryear are all having the same discussion? Must be a conspiracy.

^ lol. I thought it is proven speed or at least amphetamine sulphate quality is nowhere to that of the late 80 early 90s?

I've said it once so I'll say it again this thread isn't MDMA was so much better in the old days it's more - there is a remarkable difference in MDMA today even when said MDMA comes back as pure. But everyone appears to not want to actually read context and make presumption.

Although maybe Le Junk is doing a mc fee as the pill he got tested changed from a tesla into a supreme over the course of a couple of weeks? ??

Brenner is 100% correct and I'm sorry some dude, but I sent my POS red Supreme into ecstasydata for lab testing. It came back as 100% pure MDMA, but it completely sucks. I guess it all boils down to, if you haven't done the real thing MDMA (pre-2001), you can only assume you're doing the real thing nowadays. In other words, if you've never done great ecstasy, you have nothing to compare to the crap MDMA you're doing today.

Le Junk
There is no such thing as 100% purity. It's Always 98%, 99%, or 99.something%. If today's MDMA is made with different chemicals, how can you be sure that differences in quality aren't the result of minute traces of toxic by-products or residue, that simply wheren't present in the MDMA of the 80's and early 90's.

Ive actually read this thread and le junk posts, unlike most people replying to it...either that or they have no reading comprehension.

The most likely source of the phenomena he observes is good ole placebo. Placebo is strong enough to make people thing they took morphine (and even mdma)....this is all backed by science. He would need to do a double blind study on himself with the pressed pills and white powder taking one and not knowing which it was.

Some people are throwing around the idea of a non 50 50 enantiomeric ratio. This could only happen in most clandestine synths if you have something chiral (an impurity) causing one of the reactions to preferably form either enantiomer. This is much more likely in the safrole synth I would have to guess, maybe there is some other chiral compound that gets distilled with safrol oil (not chiral) and causes an excess of R or S to be formed. Maybe a reagent use in the synth is chiral (which I doubt since its all very simple chemistry)

[MENTION=145156]LeJunk[/MENTION] , haven't seen you post in a long time .

I thought the same thing ( ate my first roll around 94 in S. Louisiana ) so I took my holland import pills and powder and stored them away . Roughly 24 months of sobriety later and still none of the true rolling feeling that you describe. I really miss that clean, floating on air , loved up roll . The day after was always my favorite !

I do think age and stress does effect our serotonin levels . However , I don't here anyone describe rolling like pre 2000. I would trade all my personal stash for just 2 of those rolls !

The orange teslas were ok, but I can assure you they are definitely nowhere near as good as the mitzubishes I had in 97. I found one a few weeks ago in an old mix cd, and the experience was equally as blissful as it was almost 20 years ago. So there goes your brain chemistry is different etc etc as you get older and all that bullshit.
Here are the differences -
Mitzubishes - huge pupils, blissed out feeling ... on top of world, extroverted and wanting to chat to everybody
Teslas - slightly dilated pupils, slight euphoria, relaxed feeling, slept like a baby. However did not particularly feel loved up or extroverted like on the mitzubishes.
However, I slept like a baby on the teslas and didn't feel cracked out at all, but the snapchats felt like a meth comedown (I stupidly took three of those because they didn't seem to be working, and all I got was a speedy buzz) All of my pills tested very well with marquis, and I don't believe my teslas were copycats as they had that trademark glow under uv light and tested purple with marquis.

Last edited:

Le Junk

I've never taken MDMA/MDA, etc. or any drugs or stimulants like it; but it sounds like this is nostalgia, or the "You had to be there...or you missed out" mentality, and maybe set/setting and you have the mentality that "MDMA in pressed pill format sucks but it's great in powder form", and you did admit that sometimes you would take pressed pills without testing them.

I've seen people do this with other drugs like cannabis/hash, cocaine both medical grade coke and stuff people bought from dealers in the 70s and 80s, acid, Pharmaceutical based amphetamine/Pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine, and opiates. Again it's nostalgia combined with placebo, or when they think back to when the experience was new to them.

The orange teslas were ok, but I can assure you they are definitely nowhere near as good as the mitzubishes I had in 97. I found one a few weeks ago in an old mix cd, and the experience was equally as blissful as it was almost 20 years ago. So there goes your brain chemistry is different etc etc as you get older and all that bullshit.
Here are the differences -
Mitzubishes - huge pupils, blissed out feeling ... on top of world, extroverted and wanting to chat to everybody
Teslas - slightly dilated pupils, slight euphoria, relaxed feeling, slept like a baby. However did not particularly feel loved up or extroverted like on the mitzubishes.
However, I slept like a baby on the teslas and didn't feel cracked out at all, but the snapchats felt like a meth comedown (I stupidly took three of those because they didn't seem to be working, and all I got was a speedy buzz) All of my pills tested very well with marquis, and I don't believe my teslas were copycats as they had that trademark glow under uv light and tested purple with marquis.

Dam man wish you'd have mentioned you'd found an old 90s pill before consuming it, We need to get some clear photos of the reagent tests to confirm the theory that marquis goes purple rather than black. Long shot but any chance you might have another hidden away somewhere?

Look at what you are writing here, man. It turns out to be 100% MDMA. And that cannot convince you. You are now officially a religious XTC nutter.

I would believe I was a "nutter" too if I didn't have the same MDMA powder I've had since the late 80's available to me as well. I currently have the lab tested red supremes, lab tested orange teslas and my old school MDMA powder. Both pills are junk (or what current users today would consider to be excellent yet have no experience of pre-2000 ecstasy) and my MDMA powder which is still just as good as it was in 1988. It has never changed in quality. I give the powder to friends and they're melting into one another, opening up about things they never thought they could talk about, having sex all night, talking for hours, rubbing on one another, never feeling amped out or gittery, have no bad comedowns whatsoever and wake up feeling like champions and spend the entire next day feeling anti-depressed and chatty. When they do the pills, it's 15-20 minutes of euphoria followed by some massive eye wiggles followed by confusion, amped out, non-lovey dovey, cracked out comedown and then sleep. They wake up still feeling very high and not in a good way. The remainder of the day is just plain cracked/meth'd out. They are not the same, sorry my friend. I have the proof right in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.