Sunday May 25th Countdown 2003!!! Bronx NY

I unlocked this per the request of a few people.

However, at the first hint of immaturity and things getting out of hand as they were before Erik locked this, it will be relocked.

So keep it cool people, aight? aight. :)

If you want to discuss production companies and the way they handle themselves dig up the thread for it (I believe I started it). Don't rain on my parade.

I thought this is a discussion forum. If an event is posted, shouldn't we be allowed to comment on the way production went down... even if it doesn't share your point of view? I shouldn't be asked to dig up an old thread you started to post my thoughts on a completly valid side of a party.

Anyway...

I'm sorry to disagree with you Cass, but Pauly's production was and always has been on at the key skate. Sympty puts a great deal of effort into transforming that shit hole into a decent place to party. He literally makes the best possible use of everything he has. I know Sympty isn't the only crew using the venue, but he uses it most often so I am ASSuming that's who you're refering to. Unfortunately the neighborhood keeps me away... even with that being said I've gone to every Countdown party even if only for a few hours. I have not cared for the crowd the key skate has attracted recently... I do not always feel safe and tend to use the buddy system even to go to the bathroom. The longer the key stays open, the more people I see there that I don't think are there for the music.... and the more I think they should just stop using it.

I think I would have enjoyed my stay more if they had just stuck with 2 rooms. The bleed between the 2 main areas is impossible to avoid, but managable if I stay toward the center. They *need* to turn that small back room with the horrid sound system into a chill out area or something. It is not suitable for hardcore/dnb lineups... and there's no room. THE HERD (tm) situation would be a lot less severe if they didn't book a full line up of DJs back there.

I came early and left early... and I didn't see a lot of people. I don't know how many people showed up toward the end, it looked like a week turnout even though Pauly seemed hopeful. I was really bored. I wasn't feeling the vibe or it wasn't there yet. I said goodbye and didn't stay for Commander Tom or Jevic's set. It was before midnight, and I was going to head out to another party, but the rain got the best of me and I went home.

I always manage to have a good time at Sympty events, and this wouldn't have been an exception, except my heart wasn't in it this time. It sucks I'm in a time of my life were these kind of parties don't do it for me.... but that was my issue and not the parties.

can we count how many times the word assume was used in this thread?

oh and btw the key STILL sucks. thank you and goodnight ;)

For the record: this thread wasn't closed because someone "doesn't share [my] point of view."

And when the topic being discussed is no longer pertaining to the event taking place, it will be redirected to the appropriate thread.

Perhaps if you addressed the text you didn't quote, you could find your question answered. That would include, "This is a discussion board where we share our opinions and use that information to make our own choices," and " if you don't like the way they handles themselves discuss it in a mature fashion and don't rip people apart for voicing their own opinions."

If anyone has a problem, go to the source. No one contacted me about reopening this and I always respond before I close a thread so there is no doubt as to who did it; that's for future reference, of course.

I don't care what anyone else says......
Sympty knows how to throw it down!!!

I had a blast at this one, like I do at all Sympty events.
The day that sympty stops throwing events at the Key will be the same day that I retire from the rave scene.

It's understandable why some people hate the Key, and I think thats mainly because the Jungle lineup always seems to suck.

But then again so is the closet sized room at Amazura but you guys love to dance like sardines in a can of packed oil!

There was one thing that I didn't like about this particular event and that was the new 21+ over setup.
When I went into that room, most of it was empty which seemed like a waste of space. Also the bathrooms were closed which I think was a ripoff!

But as always the music and sound system were off the hook!
Hopefully if things go well, "The music made me do it again" will happen in August and I'm definitly excited for that.

By the way did anyone hear about the Secret Afterparty that was thrown by VENOM??

i have been to 3 make this the 4th event Sympty event at the Key. I have never really liked the Key that much, but I have dealt with the bad parts of it, for the music and the crowd.

recently over the past 2 events, I have noticed the atmosphere at the Key, and a few other places turning sour. I too at first thought I was just getting tired, maybe "growing up". then i came to my senses. forget all this old stuff, forget where the event is, it's all relative.

Sympty does do a good job of turning a usual dump into a decent place to have a good time, and with a better venue, they would probably have some of the best parties in the NYC vacinity. however, they don't have that, so if you go to the Key, don't expect much, just bring your friends, drink lots, get phucked up, or just space out to the music.

personally i don't think i will venture to the Key for a while. however everyone who had a good time, don't stop, but remember, many better events are out there. don't believe this is all the scene has to offer you.