Sunday May 25th Countdown 2003!!! Bronx NY

Dazzle

Bluelighter
Sympty Productions Presents... COUNTDOWN 2003!!!
Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday May 25th
Mark Your Calendars. Call Your Friends. Make Your Plans.

COUNTDOWN STATEMENT
It has become a tradition to gather once a year in the true spirit of the underground. We come to unite for the music and the vibe. This once-a-year event is known as COUNTDOWN. Highly anticipated & always memorable, the COUNTDOWN series has built a huge following and reaches to people as far away as Europe, South America, and Asia. Part of it's magic is that each annual COUNTDOWN is truly unique in its experiences and memories. It captures the flavor and emotion of what is happening in the underground at that moment in time.

This year COUNTDOWN 2003 celebrates the rebirth and freshness currently felt throughout the scene. As a result, we have decided to revive the biggest weekend in the underground year (Memorial Day Weekend - The annual date for the legendary Whistle parties) so that everyone can come together and share in the experience. We have assembled a lineup of international headliners, local heroes, and young rookies that provides a diverse mixture of styles, sounds, and performances. We have also coordinated the collaboration of our regions top production teams to immerse your senses in the most technologically up-to-date lights, lasers, visuals, and sound. Finally, we have once again opened the entire 32,000 square foot Skate Key Arena to restore the enormity of NYC's premiere sports entertainment complex.

Its time once again to spread the word, support the cause, and dance your ass off!
As always, party safe & consciously...

PEACE OUT!
Sympty Productions

Main Floor:
COMMANDER TOM

The East Music Group Tour:
FRANKIE BONES *CD Release "DJs United for America"*
HEATHER HEART
VENOM
DJ PAULY *CD Release "DJs United for America"*

GONZO
PLEASUREHEAD
JEVIC *CD Release "Return of the Warrior"*
MICHAEL MYERS
CIRCUIT BREAKER
KNOWLEDGE *CD Release "Live at Boo 7"*
MYTH-IS
The ZELCH BROTHERS

Drum-N-Bass:
ODI
CAZ VS DJ RU w/ MC ARMANNI REIGN
GIL-T w/ MC ETC.

Hardcore... See You In The Pit:
ROB GEE *CD Release "La Coresa Nostra"*
SYKOPATH
JEN MAS
MEGRIM

Absolut House - The VIP Liquid Lounge (21+ 9pm-4am):
THE LOVE SOUND PROJECT
featuring Chris Love, Billy Belmont and Just Honey
IAN DOLLAR$
CRAIG HARRIS
JJ BLADES
DIRTY OL' FRANK
JAMES MILLER JUNIOR

Local Favorites:
DJ SHY
FRAZZLE
DJ TAURUS
PHRITZ
PROPHET
PRODUCT 19
DJ DANK
DJ SOMA
JEFF HEART
XONEL SMART
HECHU
PRIME
CHRIS ROX
EVEL ED
LUKE AARON
BREAKADAWN
J COSTAS

WWW.SYMPTY.COM / 732-441-2998

Venue:
The Key Skate
220 East 138th St.
Bronx, NY
4 Separate Zones
Zone 1 = Main Dance Floor
Zone 2 = Second Dance Floor
Zone 3 = Liquid Lounge (21+ from 9pm-4am)
Zone 4 = Large Outdoor Area & *SMOKING* Lounge

Event Hours:
6PM-6AM
*12 Hour Jam*

Age Requirements:
This is an all age event.
ID only required for 21+ alcohol area.

Alcohol:
A separate 21+ area will be open for those that want to get their drink on!

Production:
Lights - Scotto's Psychecyberadiant Light Show
Lasers - P.A.W.N Lasers
Visuals - VJ Kevlar
Sound - RSA

Entrance & Lines:
There will be a separate line for advanced ticket holders. People with advanced tickets and people arriving via bus trips will receive priority entering the venue.

Security:
Exterior - NYPD patrol the surrounding blocks
Interior - Professional experienced security enforcement located throughout the venue

Facilities:
Restrooms - 4 Indoor Stations + 8 Outdoor Port-a-Pot
Ventilation - Multi-million Gallon Coolant System with Industrial Powered Air Ducts
Refreshments - Snack Bar + 2 Beverage Stations + Separate Alcohol Area (21+ only)
Storage - Coin Operated Lockers *excess luggage creates longer security checks and longer lines*
Vendors - Mini-Market of Event Related Products

Admission:
$25 in advance
$35 at door

Advanced Tickets:
www.Spinfoil.com or these outlets...
NYC Satellite 212.995.1744
LI East West 631.451.0034
NJ VIP 732.866.9984
Cafe Sounds 973.509.2233
CT Spiritual Emporium 860.524.9719
PA 611 Records 215.413.9100
Undaground Set 610.432.8822
Hypervinyl 412.681.4164
MA Satellite 617.536.5482
Growroom 413.549.9296
DE Flavor 302.369.6160
RI Luna Sea 401.272.9171
DC Yoshi Toshi 202.338.5638
MD Modern Music 410.675.2172
OH Culture 7 614.297.0988

Future Sympty Parties:
August 2nd - To Be Announced

Sympty Mailing List:
If you would like to join the family and be updated in advance of any and all information regarding future parties, DJs, CD releases, etc., please join our mailing list from the official web site.

Demo Drop Box:
All performers interested in letting Sympty listen to your skills please leave your demos (CD's only) at the admissions booth.

Promotions:
If you are really interested in promoting for Sympty productions pass these flyers out and spread the word. Those individuals that are hired as Sympty promoters are done so because we see them every weekend handing out our flyers without even being asked - true to the scene/true to our cause. Let us see your work; give us a reason to be interested in having you join the Sympty Family Promotions Team.

FRANKIE BONES & DJ PAULY - "DJs UNITED FOR AMERICA"
2 CD compilation released earlier this year in response to their National Tour!
Find out why this 2 CD set is among the most wanted nation wide!
160 minutes of pure electronica from breaks to hard trance and everything in between!
For availability visit www.sympty.com

Official CD Release - First Chance to Grab the CD!
JEVIC - "RETURN OF THE WARRIOR"
You have been demanding it and now you finally get it!
After 3 years, Jevic finally returns with 80 minutes of intense hard progressive trance!
Find out why his CDs sell out so quickly and remain forever in demand!
For availability visit www.sympty.com

Directions by Car:
From NJ/PA & All Points South & West
Take I-95 North to the George Washington Bridge. As you cross the bridge get on the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th St. At the light, turn left onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.

From CT & All Points North
Take I-95 South into NYC. Take the Cross Bronx Expressway to the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th st. At the light, turn left onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.

From Manhattan & the Outer Boros
Take the FDR North to the Triboro Bridge (towards the Bronx). Get on the Major Deegan Expressway North. Take the Major Deegan Expressway North to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th Street. Grand Concourse. Say left off the exit towards 138th St. At the light, turn right onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.

From Upstate NY & All Points North West
Take 87 South to the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th St. At the light, turn left onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.

Directions by Train (station is 1 block from venue):
From Queens
Take any train that transfers to the # 4 or # 5 train(northbound) to 138th St. Grand Concourse (best route).

From Brooklyn
Take any train that transfers to the # 4 or # 5 train(northbound) to 138th St. Grand Concourse (best route).

From Westchester
Take the # 4 train(southbound) to 138th St. & Grand Concourse - Take the # 2 train(southbound) to 149th St.& Grand Concourse. Then transfer to the # 4 or # 5 train(southbound) to 138th St. Grand Concourse.

From The Bronx
Take the # 4 or # 5 train(southbound) to 138th St.& Grand Concourse. Or the # 6 train(southbound)to 125th St. & transfer to the # 4 or # 5 train(northbound) to 138th St. Grand Concourse.

From Manhattan

Last edited:
If you are really interested in promoting for Sympty productions pass these flyers out and spread the word. Those individuals that are hired as Sympty promoters are done so because we see them every weekend handing out our flyers without even being asked - true to the scene/true to our cause. Let us see your work; give us a reason to be interested in having you join the Sympty Family Promotions Team.

haha, thats funny
hand out our flyers so we dont have to, and maybe we'll give you the sought after title of promotahoe ;)

LOL... I have been to some BAD parties... Kloud909 NYWO... well, I don't need to list them but Countdown 2k2 didn't make my top 10 worst parties by a long shot.

The venue... the sound system... pleasurehead... yes, this party has a few strikes against it. It's going to be souly what you make of it... (quote buzzy or plan on drinking a lot) Alice D has been around and I'm sure she'll be all over this party. ;)

Can I ask... where in the NY area can you still find a 12 hour party with the kind of lighting and production Sympty is going to bring in? Aside of the Lunatarium, this area is a little crapped out on venues.

Looks like im too broke for DEMF this year so I'll probably be there even though I am allergic to pleasurehead... I'll chill in another room whil he's on.

The line up is typical of a Sympty party.. Frankie Bones... Commander Tom... Jevic, that's reason enough to go. I have a thing for Jevic... well, maybe not a thing thing but I love The Warrior series. The Warrior grabbed me by the short and curlies and didn't let go until I was officially a raver. I still find that magic in Jevics set. And the more I think about it, The more I want to go JUST to hear his set. I miss the late 90's. *sigh* For whatever reason, he makes is all come together.

I can probably put together enough lint for this in a month.

I'll say one thing that the "key skate's" main area is pretty big, but it damn dark & smokey in there. Over use of the smoke/fog machine I think. I remember Sympty's 5yr. Anniversary party last Oct., I was standing right in-front of the dj booth and I still couldn't makeout who was spinnin, way too smokey. Anyways I still had fun, took pics, danced and battled with people the whole night. Pleasurehead was the best dj that night spinnin in that disco style area. Ohh, and a for-warning, the sound system in the DnB area is pretty wack, too much distortion.
Overall I would still check this party cause I'm sure it'll be pretty good BUT I already have plans to attend the DEMF for that partying wknd

id have to say that the key is one of the shadiest venues ive ever been to. a lot of it probably has to do with the people it attracts, and the huge cloud of dippie smoke. and i guess the lineups never really attracted me either.

i will say one thing though, what ive heard many people say about the countdown parties is that they felt like cattle being herded.

jesus, a lot of shit talking ;) well, from all the opinions of this venu, i guess im not gonna make it a mojor priority to go to this, if i go it will be a spur of the moment type of thing. who knows? maybe theyve made improvements to the venu and the staff. but i like the lineup for this so im not totally ruling it out

OK i agree completly with the fact that the key skate is pretty shady, but honestly, its not THAT THAT bad at all in comparison to alot of other places. Funky, 2k2 did suck a whole lot, but the countdowns before that (which i didn't attend, but still) I heard turned out to be amazing. The one thing that is garunteed though is that this place will be packed, and it sucks when a place as big as the key gets fully packed cause it takes forever just to get from one room to the next. In general, I actually like the key better then some other venues in NYC, but yea it is not the best.

I may be going to this, who knows, I will be home for that weekend so most likely count me in.

yes yes, key skate is certainly shady....but really, as dazzle said, the options are by no means endless.....and for any other new yorkers who are sick of being in crowded lounges and bars, its kinda refreshing to have a long party to go to in a big place

i dont mind it so much, have had good times, but 25 bucks is so much for me & the lineup doesnt particularly get my juices flowing... & i hated Jevics set at water...

who knows, its far away....

I have never been to the key before. Is it still as sketchty as peopple say it is?

i mean, that all depends where you party ussually....

if you are from the northeast you can imagine what a party at a skating ring in the bronx might be like...

i think that you would be as okay there as anywhere else if you used common sense i.e.- don't buy drugs - don't start bullshit fights etc....

but i definetly have been close to some scary brawls that i for sure didn't choose to be near
my friend kevin got robbed, & he is a big dude- i haven't been there for like - shit- when was water? like two years ago

i wouldn't say don't go on account of the sketchiness- unless you are from a farm in kansas or something- if you dig on the lineup then work it on out!

chrissie said:
i will say one thing though, what ive heard many people say about the countdown parties is that they felt like cattle being herded.

ummm... YEAH. went 2 years ago to the 2k1 party. couldn't fucking move. if you want to go from one area to the next it takes you about a half hour b/c you can't move worth shit.

sketchiness isn't that big of a deal. it's the crowd factor (and a lineup that isn't fucking awesome IMO) that will keep me away from this party...

but for those of you who DO go, if you REALLY want to see a DJ in a particular room, if you aren't in that room already, make sure you start heading over there a while before they come on, or you're going to miss half of their set!!!

:)

Mella

went last year. only good part - seeing Dazzle. I am not too fond of this place...
oh yea..
hahaha! I saw Chris Knowledge on the People's Court Today! He was suing because he didn't get paid for a 'rave party' he was supposed to spin at... he won.
funny tho.

went last year. only good part - seeing Dazzle. I am not too fond of this place...

Yeah, seeing you guys made my night. Your boyfriend knows I suck at email, but expect one from me soon. Hopefully I can talk you guys into coming down this way (not for this) and heading out with us on one of the 3 day camping parties planned for this summer. There is a couple going down... I'll send you the info as soon as it's available. Trust me, you want to go.

Anyhoo, I guess the reason I don't mind the key skate is because I stay in the main area where the techno is. I don't bother changing rooms except once or twice, so I really don't feel "The Herd (tm)" ya know? I don't think it's that shady... I guess I just don't notice shit like that anymore. :\

Chrissie- I know I have a sentimental soft spot for Jevic that no one gets. He just happened to be spinning the first time I ever rolled at a party. Now every time he spins I get all weepy and nostalgic for the late 90's.

I'm going...I've never been to a Countdown party befor so I figured I should check it out at least once. I've always said a party is what you make it so I hope I have a good time. :)

i shall be in attendence, hopefully at least. last year was alot of fun, even if it was mad overcrowded. The venue and security is a little shady, but nothing bad happened to me. By the way, I was on 2.5 pills that night so my review may be a little biase.;)