Sunday May 25th Countdown 2003!!! Bronx NY

Well there goes the only major reason I was thinking about going...

Maybe next year? :\
Peace ~Katie

Well, Im going to try and make this party. Everything that has been discussed so far is true, but I will stand by the fact that any party is what you make of it. I think also that the bigger the party (at least at the key) the less shady it is. I havent been to many lately so Im gonna head to this one and make the best of it. See ya'll there!

katie: freakyflow has disappointed me every time ive seen him spin anyway... for the most part, he sucks--and is DEFFINATELY no reason to drive to new york and pay that much money to attend a party at the fucking KEY SKATE, lol. this lineup literally turns my stomach--i cant believe what they're trying to charge for it. its my very opinion that it makes MUCH more sense to get a smaller venue with a better lineup and charge the same amount... for god's sake--this scene seriously needs a fucking ENEMA.

I've been talked into going to this so a
25.gif
for all those going.

i wasn't planning on going, then i was considering going just to go to a party. but when i heard this...
Dazzle said:
Freaky Flow will not be performing at the party.

... i decided that i definitely was not going.

i hope everyone who did go had a fun, safe night.

in all honesty, yes the key is dirty, shady, in a shitty area, the security is crap, (they made me throw out a mirror and wanted me to get rid of a perfume bottle, i mean come on), the sound isnt all that good, and dust fills the air... but it was still a fun night. i really think everyone was having a good time, maybe im just making it up, but to me, it seemed like a pretty good vibe. i was disappointed with the music, but saw a helluva lot of awesome dancing and smiles... so for all the sympty/key haters, dont worry - we didnt miss u. :)

the key is dirty, shady, in a shitty area, the security is crap, (they made me throw out a mirror and wanted me to get rid of a perfume bottle, i mean come on), the sound isnt all that good, and dust fills the air... but it was still a fun night.
WOW you must of had some really fucking good drugs!!!! ;) hehe

I've talked maaaaad shit about the Key before, but I had an amazing time. I didn't find the Key to be grimey at all. There was always room to dance, the vibe was great, the air quality was fine (as far as I'm concerned), the music got better towards the second half and I danced my muthafuckin ass off like never before. All the sets were slightly above mediocre, but enough energy to keep me going. I missed Frankie Bones' DnB set, but his set in the main room opened up beautifully.

As usual, going from the main rooms to the outside area was a little time consuming, but no real problems.

As far as security, the only ones I saw were at the door and didn't do a very good job at searching me. In fact, I didn't feel very safe as no one was monitoring the metal detector and it didn't look like it was working in the first place.

I did happen to hear about the kid who got bumrushed for smoking a dip. My friend witnessed the kid being piledrived in the face and then down on the floor where his blood was smeared all over. And the partykids just walked through it--yum. I didn't even see security the rest of the night.

Long story short: Went with good people, made a pact to enjoy ourselves regardless of what we might enter, got in with no wait, slowly warmed up, smoked a blunt (for a worry free evening of course), danced our asses off, and had the ill after-party at Brooklyn's house--awwwww, shit!

WOW you must of had some really fucking good drugs!!!! hehe

why are people always ASSuming?

actually i have a drug test coming up so i didnt do any. so :p

The Key really isn't that bad. People really need to lighten up and stop complaining about the venues in NY. The fact is, that there aren't that many large capacity venues around that are willing to host parties. We have to make due with what we have. The Key does attract some shady people because of the area it's in, but this is NYC, what the fuck do you want? It could be alot worse... And I've noticed that alot of the people that complain about shit like that are shletered, middle class Island/Jersey kids that start shaking at the first sight of an dirty abandoned building, and a couple of hookers or dealers on a corner. I'm sick of hearing these kids bitch. Keep you mouths shut, go somewhere else, or stay home. You know who you are.

^^^
talk about assuming :p
people are allowed to state their opinions, both positive and negative. those choosing to go to the party have the right to hear what others think about the venue, promoters, security etc. then they can make a decision based on what they hear and what they want to do.

as for aFaS... its easy to think that drugs changed the situation when you had a good time but you state that "yes the key is dirty, shady, in a shitty area, the security is crap....the sound isnt all that good, and dust fills the air......i was disappointed with the music" if you managed to get past all that and were sober, good for you :)

ill still stand by the fact that i dont care for the lineups there and i definitely dont care for the venue. also the few times i was there i didnt care for the crowd either. you dont have to agree with me, just as i dont have to agree with you. its just a case of different aesthetics.

in any case, if you have a large group of friends going, it will almost always be a good time =D

And I've noticed that alot of the people that complain about shit like that are shletered, middle class Island/Jersey kids that start shaking at the first sight of an dirty abandoned building, and a couple of hookers or dealers on a corner. I'm sick of hearing these kids bitch. Keep you mouths shut, go somewhere else, or stay home. You know who you are.

Uhm... Im going to take major offense to this considering that i am very obviously from jersey... my complaints about NYC venues has NOTHING to do with the fact that im from jersey, nor does it have anything to do with being fucking SHELTERED. i grew up on grateful dead tour-- ive beeen going to parties for almost 6 years, and i frequent the UNDERGROUND SIDE of nyc-- on a *regular basis* we will use "dirty abandoned buildings" and i have NO problem with this, actually i EMBRACE it. my complaints have to do with the sort of people that RUN the establishments i am complaining about, the security used in these establishments, and more times than not, the production companies throwing the parties there: the lineup (or lack there of), the ludacris pricetag, and their reputations. so fuck off crimson cloud... you just made an ASS of U and ME.

Calm the fuck down. If my statement didn't apply to you, it shouldn't have offended you. I didn't say *all* Jersey kids, and I didn't direct my comments at anyone in particular, so I can only ASSUME *gasp* that anyone that gets their panties in a bunch over what I said (ie: YOU) is the type of person that I was refering to. If you aren't (so you claim) then I don't see why you would take offense. Oh, that's right, because I refered to some kids from Jersey in a negative way (God strike me down) and that gives ANYONE from New Jersey the right to bounce back and attack me even though I wasn't talking about them. OK, that makes sense8). I wasn't trying to start an argument, I was just stating my opinion based on my personal experiences. God damn, for a couple of people that like to preach about how people have the right to voice their opinions, you sure jumped all over me real fast for doing just that.

You are still missing the point... the reason people have a problem with the Key is because the way its been run for the last 3 or 4 years-- it has to do with the sort of people the venue attracts, the sort of crews that throw their parties there, the policies of the venue itself, and the quality of the productions that give the (non-existant) credit to the venue. The key really *is* that bad-- this is not to say that i have never enjoyed myself AT the key--but, its not an establishment that deserves my (or your) money...

^^and that is for the person attending the party to decide.

That doesn't give ANYONE the right to TELL another what to do (not that I'm insinuating you were--as it seems we need to preface all comments with this). This is a discussion board where we share our opinions and use that information to make our own choices.

If you want to discuss production companies and the way they handle themselves dig up the thread for it (I believe I started it). Don't rain on my parade.

I had a great time at this and everyone there seemed to as well. So if you don't like it, don't go. If you don't like the way they handle themselves discuss it in a mature fashion and don't rip people apart for voicing their own opinions. THAT APPLIES TO EVERYBODY.