• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(1P-LSD / 165 µg) - My first experience with psychedelics - Also my last?

26astr00

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, first a little background on me

Set: Not the best, hangover and sore muscles (I came home from a hiking trip with friends the day before)
Setting: My home in the morning, alone
Height: 186 cm (or 6'1" for you Americans)
Weight: 65 kg
Earlier experiences: tried pot a few times, both smoking and a spacecake. It just makes me feel very tired; not a big fan of it.
Dose: a 100 µg blotter + 2/3 of a second blotter, so about 160 - 170 µg
Route: Oral (sublingual)

Woke up that day with a nasty hangover, all my muscles were sore. After a few glasses of water, I still have kind of a headache and figure out that I have the home for myself and will not do anything productive that day. Time to try out the 1P-LSD I bought from a RC website a few weeks ago.

9h55 am: I take the first blotter, cut in in half and put it under my tongue. I swallow it a good 30 minutes later, not feeling much, just going through some music on my computer.
10h55 am: Well, time to up the dose I guess, so I take the other half of the blotter and put it under my tongue. I take a shower. At that moment, I didn't really felt somethiing.
In retrospect, I think I just didn't recognized the signs, given this was my first ever experience with mind altering drugs. I blame this partially on the fact I was hungover: my head didn't felt fresh even before starting the trip ...
By this time I also send a text to a friend of mine, letting him know what I'm up to.
11h35 am: Starting to get somewhat angry now, this isn't what I was expecting it to be. I play with the idea of taking a full second blotter, then with the idea of taking only half a blotter: I finally settle on taking two thirds of a second blotter.
2 minutes after this last one, the body load hits me suddenly. By 11h45, I'm tripping really hard and I'm really restless with thoughts going from "this was such a bad idea, surely I'm gonna die" to "this is fantastic!".

Visually, not that much is happening, but there's a warm, burning (but in a good way!) feeling coming from the left side of my stomach and spreading all over my body. Damn this feels powerful!

11h55, the last 20 minutes have been crazy, so I try to calm myself with some music. Damn this singer sings fast! There's no way I can sing along!

I try to write what I'm feeling down to my friend, but typing on a smartphone is really tedious. It's like I'm feeling the glass behind the keyboard for the first time. Technology feels so unintuitive right now.

12h00: I lie down on a couch and suddenly I feel a something strange, like my body just shrunk. It's like I'm a kid again!
Still listening to the music linked above when the phone suddenly rings ... but the phone came from SOOO FAAAAR AWAAAAAAY, it's unreal.
I grab my keys, close the front door of my house (I want to avoid doing something crazy outside at all costs.)
Then I decide to unplug the phone to avoid it interfering with my experience, but when unplugging it, it's like a electric shock through my whole body, a very uncomfortable feeling.
I push this negative experience away and try to write some more things to my friend when suddenly the smartphone I'm holding feels so unimportant. We freak over those things way too much 'in real life': they are just square boxes which let you send messages, those things are such not a big deal.

I'm starting to get somewhat hungry and realize heating something up to eat is gonna be pretty hard, so I delay that for later.

By this point my senses are really heightened (like a picture where you set the contrast way up), I let my fingers go over the couch and I'm feeling the surface of it for the first time: it feels so fucking great.

I realise what you are feeling when tripping doesn't come from the outside (like a snake coming out of the wall for example), but from the inside.

12h30: Another thought crosses my mind: I loved the idea of this being a very important moment, that there might be two parts of me; one before I tried out this substance, and one after. There just might be a pre-trip and post-trip version of me.

I'm also still discovering the world around me. Surfaces don't require my interest anymore, shadows do. I re-discover that when you put your hand before a light source, it casts a shadow. This seems like an important realisation, even though my 'rational' brain is still there and knows this is silly. I see that it started raining outside, the rain felt intriguing, what could it mean?

13h10: I discover closed-eyes visuals! Damn this stuff is heavy! This feeling is so overwhelming, it takes everything over. I'm all emotion, there's nothing else anymore. The record I put on before is over, but I need something I recognize and something which makes me comfortable right now, so I re-play it. The next two hours were BY FAR the most overwhelming of all my life. I think I listened to the 77 Bombay Street album three times, every listening being different than the one before. I explored the closed-eyes visuals in all their glory over these two hours. The music took over all my senses; during It's now, the lyrics "I wonder ... where have I been" described exactly how I was feeling: my life before this trip was all grey and boring, but now a new world (which is actually the same world) is being (re)discovered.
Its now
now its the moment
now its the time
and my chance to get out of this wasted black hole
Simply amazing.

The following song, I love Lady Gaga, filled me with an immense sense of happiness. I reached a state of happiness I never experienced before. This moment lasted for about a second and I immediately thought: "I have to share this amazing emotion with someone". But then I realized it was impossible to share this feeling because even if I had someone else next to me, I could only talk to them or touch them. The realisation that I can't 'implant' an emotion in my head into seomone else's head made me very sad because it means that in the end we are all alone in this world.

I think this part really highlights what LSD can do to you: in the matter of not even a few seconds, I went from 'the best feeling ever' to a strong depressing thought.

I had read about this before, so I managed to refocus myself on the music and on some more happy thoughts.

Other songs in the album also extracted some pretty heavy emotions out of me: during Waiting For Tomorrow, I realized I'm always waiting for something in my life and that I've not (yet) reached a state of satisfaction with my life. I realized that from now on, I have to work harder towards that state of happiness and satisfaction I'm missing in my life.

The strongest emotion came from Miss You Girl, it's a song I always found very boring and superficial (the worst on the album) but when I listened to it while tripping, I missed the girl in the song so much, like I never missed someone else in my life before.

Other songs I remember quite well are Get away (made me feel very funny, I wanted the 'bugs' in my stomach to get away and Long Way (suddenly the song was about a long LSD trip instead of about an actual long trip between two towns :p )

I also had some 'illuminated' thoughts during this part of the trip, for example: I had certain expectations about what tripping was like before starting this experience, but now I was in the middle of it! So I figured out that the two versions of me, the one which had expectations and the one who was tripping, had become one at some point during the trip.
Another thing is I felt connected to other people who tried mind altering drugs before me, I finally 'understood' what people meant on their trip reports.

On a general note, I want to say that music felt a lot 'wider' than normal, the music is like a tsunami that hits you and overflows all your senses.

About 15h15 (?): For the first time I feel like the effects are diminishing: I have to focus a bit on the visuals to see them, they are not overwhelming me like they did before. I felt like I could handle some different music now, so I did a quick search online to know what other people like to listen to when tripping. Many people are agreeing that Pink Floyd are fantastic while tripping, so I put on The Division Bell .

Wow! Pink Floyd is the kind of artist I would never listen to while sober (because it's too boring), but after about a minute the album embarks me on a journey I never expected to be part of. I understood it all, it all made sense! It was suddenly obvious why Pink Floyd was such a good artist to trip to.

I spent about 35 minutes listening to this amazing album when suddenly, some sounds didn't correspond with what I was feeling at that particular moment and it made me pretty angry. This is my trip Pink Floyd, why are you trying to take me to some place/feeling I don't want to go?! I put up some more 77 Bombay Street but after 30 minutes I started to become bored of it.

At about 16h15, I got up from the couch and messaged my friend about some things I had experienced in the past three hours (the first two of those three hours I couldn't have written anything at all even if I wanted to, those two hours were the most intense of my life).
I really felt like putting some bass heavy EDM at the moment and from that moment on, I more or less improvised a house party by myself.

Around 18h45, I'm still partying and dancing by my own, I'm starting to get bored of it but for some reason I can't or don't wanna stop doing so. For the first time, I really want to become normal again. I hate this feeling of not being 'in' it anymore but also not feeling completely normal yet. I didn't knew it at that moment, but that feeling of not being 'in' it but neither being 'out' of it, would drive me nuts in the hours to come.

Using technology still drives me nuts: the little things that always mildly annoys me drives me completely nuts right now. An advice for tech companies: if someone on LSD can't use your app, it means your app isn't user friendly enough.

Anyway, I eat something, browse Facebook a bit, try to watch some youtube videos (I was watching one of those gaming channels: the guy was playing a game which involved a bit of strategy and I just couldn't follow what was happening ...).

I feel like putting some more EDM and start dancing on my own again. My mother (who's on holiday in a foreign country at that moment) calls me at some point. I don't understand too much of what she's saying (she tries to explain me what she has done that day), but I agree when she leaves a pause and nod a "yes" when appropriate (so I would say I handled that conversation pretty well).

The bugs/'sparklings'/cracklings coming from the lower left side of my stomach that have accompanied me during the whole trip are really starting to drive me nuts. It's really an unpleasant feeling, the bugs feel like springs, if that makes sense? They are not bugs in the sense that they are insects creeping inside me, but more like round balls that grow in my stomach and from the inside of those balls smaller balls appear who also grow into bigger balls that produce smaller balls etc.

At about 23h15, I'm STILL dancing on my own on EDM. From the moment I don't put music on, I start focusing on the sounds coming from the city (cars driving, people walking by) or the wheezing sound of a refrigerator or a dozing laptop and it completely drives me nuts. I have no other choice than to put some music on and keep dancing!

Given I have pretty much listened to all the good songs I know, I figure I might as well put on a 1 hour mix from a song. (I also took a Dafalgan pill, hoping it would help me in some way.)

In a state of mind which can only be described as pure insanity, I didn't listened to one hour of this song, not two hours of this song, but I ended up listening 3 hours straight to this song.

By 2h15, I'm feeling like putting up something else, so I go back to some other EDM I was listening to before.

3am: I really am going insane: I FUCKING WANT TO SLEEP. Why the fuck can't I sleep?!? Why didn't I get my hands on a few Xanax pills before starting this trip?!? I'm so angry at me right now, why did I do something this stupid? Am I really staying in this state of mind until the end of my days? Will I end up in a psychiatric hospital?

I suddenly remember a scene from the movie Shutter Island:
- Rachel: You think I?€™m crazy?
- Teddy Daniels: No. No, no I?€?
- Rachel: And if I say I?€™m not crazy. But that hardly helps, does it? That?€™s a Kafkaesque genius of it. People tell the world you?€™re crazy and all you?€™re protests to the contrary just confirm what they?€™re saying.
- Teddy Daniels: I?€™m not following you. I?€™m sorry.
- Rachel: Once you?€™re declared insane, anything you do is called part of that insanity. Reasonable protests are ?€˜denial?€™. Valid fears ?€˜paranoia?€™.
- Teddy Daniels: Survival instincts are ?€˜defense mechanisms?€™.
- Rachel: You?€™re smarter than you look, Marshal. That?€™s probably not a good thing.

If people find me in this state and label me insane: how do I convince them that I'm not insane?

The darkest thoughts are crossing my mind: should I take a knife from the kitchen and commit suicide? Or should I take that knife and cut out the itching/crackling feeling in my stomach?
I never felt like I would actually do those things, but a lot of thoughts were crossing my head in a short time span at that point and some of these thoughts were really scary.

I figure I desperately need some sleep, some I search 'relaxing music' on YouTube and click on the first video listed. I'm gonna calm myself, even if my body doesn't want me to!

I searched for some info online and thought this was really helpful:

Hi mate... Don't stress. A trip of 160 can last quite a while for some people, especially if you've not tripped much, and even moreso if you start developing anxiety about it.

Accept that you might be awake for another couple of hours and find yourself something comfortable and relaxing to do... maybe watch a movie or something. Try not to think to much about the sleep and just accept that it will come when it does.

I recently had a friend on 160ug, tested and verified lsd have a similar experience to yourself who got into similar difficulties and took 21 hours from drop to sleep. (I had no problems sleeping after 12 hours.)

Try not to wrap yourself around the difficulty sleeping as a thing and just accept it.

I recently got voted through the floor for suggesting that you basically trip to some degree until you sleep, and I've known plenty of people especially in their first trip or two that had a silly long trip... and some of these trips predate RCs by a wide margin... It's an unpopular point of view on this sub however.

In short... you're okay, it happens sometimes, accept it and spin it in a positive direction. You will fall asleep, just not quite as quickly as you'd like. Best not to fight it as you'll actually make it more difficult to sleep... You're actually keeping yourself awake, but that's maybe a discussion for another time :)

Oh and allow yourself to doze, and don't feel worried if you fall into a light sleep for 20min and then wake up again for a wee bit before falling asleep again. You might go in and out of a light sleep a couple of times... don't worry about it, try and enjoy it.
Source: https://m.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/19gloa/how_long_do_trips_usually_last/

On another forum, someone said something along the lines of "You may feel like it will never end, but it will", which also helped me calm off a bit.

The following three hours were me going to bed, dozing off for about 15 minutes and then waking up and walking around nervously. After some time I started dozing off again for 15 minutes, waking up again etc.

At 6:30 am, I accept the simple fact that I'm not going to get some sleep that night. I figure out I might as well stay awake and wait for the sunrise. At this point, the bugs/'sparklings'/cracklings which hit a peak around 4 am, were starting to lessen and I started slowly to believe again that I would return to a 'sane' state once I managed to get some sleep.

I watched some funny YouTube videos (for the first time in over 5 hours, I really enjoyed something again). I also figured out that I didn't needed music anymore to avoid focusing on the sounds from the city/my house. I basically felt like the altered state of mind I was in was more due to the lack of sleep than due to the effects of the substance I had taken.

The sun rose, it was the start of a beautiful day. The birds were singing, oh how I envied those birds! Those little creatures didn't care that I had just experienced the worst night in my life, they just chirped and enjoyed the cool sun-rays of the morning.

I watched some more funny videos and put on some relaxing EDM. I basically went into chill mode and accepted the fact that I wouldn't be 100% normal until I managed to get some sleep.

At 11h45, I considered taking some vodka shots so that it would help me fall asleep, but I ultimately decided against it (one crazy substance in my body is more than enough ...).

I eat something, continued chilling by myself, just walking around and listening to some chill music.

I took a short walk in a nearby park, the 'bugs' were still there in my stomach but I could ignore them and behave like a normal human being. I got home and by 16h00, I fell asleep and slept for 90 minutes. I then got up, eat something, continued doing some relaxed activities and by 19h00, I finally got some serious sleep and slept 13 hours straight (only slightly waking up and immediately falling asleep two times) until 8 am the next morning.

I felt refreshed , all the 'bugs' were gone, and pretty excited that morning: a lot had happened in my head the past two days and I realized I would need some more time to completely 'digest' the experience. I saw another friend that afternoon (it was good to see I could have a normal conversation with someone I appreciated) and felt pretty upbeat and happy the whole day.

After another good night of sleep, I was completely normal and completely had 'digested' the experience.

TL;DR
- I took 165 µg of 1P-LSD.
- I stayed awake for 30 hours: the first six of which were amazing, staying awake the whole night was a lot less fun (suicidal thoughts, thoughts about auto mutilation) ... Basically, I agree with the quote above saying that you trip to some degree/extent until you get some sleep.

Tips if you are so stupid to try psychedelics for the first time
- Take 50 µg of (1P)-LSD, don't take more for your first trip
- Don't do it alone
- Have A LOT of music planned, having a 6-hour playlist is not a bad idea! I was going crazy when I didn't had music to focus me on. Try to have some relaxing and familiar music available + some Pink Floyd (or another artist you've read about on forums) for when you feel like listening to something different.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_1plsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
cool that it felt good at first and got some positives. would you say positives utweight negatives?

and sorry the expirience wasnt smoother

some points that would make expirience smoother
Don do it a day after drinking or any drug use
dont do it when wore out and tired and eat a couple meals before for energy
. you went much too high dosing your first time
always have somone to watch you and they re sober...esp first time

Yeah, I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives. My music taste has completely changed since my trip, I manage to enjoy much more calmer/quieter music than before. Also it feels good to know I had the emotional strength to overcome my negative emotions during the more difficult parts of my trip.

After some thinking, I think I will do it again at some point with a slightly lower dose. And yeah doing it after a good night of sleep and after having a decent meal is definitely not a bad idea.