• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball 2016 v Stand Up and Ring your Bell

congrats to the Cubbies, from an Ohioan

our teams fought till the very bitter end - would love to hate right now, but it was a war

i would like the cubs so much more if Rizzo didn't speak robotics in front of a mic and didn't represent himself as a giddy 'yes boy'

the players on the cubs are not shocked, they've all been amazing since childhood. they have no idea what failure in their profession feels like.

if i was interviewed after winning WS
well tom...
Every team really wanted to beat us.They couldn't. I'm not surprised. We're better at baseball than them.

it's mostly not the player's fault for saying stupid shit, sports journalism is such garbage

i have no idea why there are post game interviews in any sporting event unless a player wants to hold a press conference
oh yeah because the media needs to sell advertising and journalists/general press really appreciates their special inside access badge and get a close peek into what they failed at

:(RIP YORDANO VENTURA:(
140410142805-yordano-ventura-2-single-image-cut.jpg

9438031-yordano-ventura-mlb-kansas-city-royals-tampa-bay-rays.jpg

giphy.gif

he's been royals ace for past 2-3 years, throws consistently 97-99 mph, 25 years old, known for not backing down and throwing at guys when he/team felt it was necessary

him and jose fernandez dead in same year, WTF...i loved their passion, cockiness, showmanship...just real throw back type guys, it pains me more than if some aunt died probably

ventura's death brought me to tears, i'm telling you from many years experience baseball lifers may be a lil different but they're good fucking people, specially if not old enough to be jaded and lots of ball players are funny as shit, result of being around 30 dudes everyday with decent amount of down time

of course SI wants to talk about how he wasn't wearing a seat belt, other sources suspect alcohol(if ya dunno he wrecked, survived, robbed, left to die...but that's just what pedro martinez is claiming and that's fair but when it comes to seat belt and alcohol FUCK YOU PRESS...i'm just going to copy pasta my tweets to hack journalists

i'm way more sincere/serious about this shit than i should be, i feel like an asshole activist but enough is enough
Typical scumbag sport's media.Exploiting tragedy/reporting dirt for grimy eyes w/ dollar signs.He died.The end!
Who cares?! Isn't it tragic enough? The family should have right to privacy and mourn in peace. Why tarnish the kid's final image?Yeah.A Kid

that shit touched me too. great kid, great potential, died young, a fucking waste. far too much of that everywhere you go … I like the Royals (when we're not competing/playing against them ;), followed & rooted for them through the postseason up to their WS win, love their youth and scrapiness and enthusiasm and he exemplified that spirit. and yeah fuck the media, show some respect.

aceFinal

found this here,a Field of Dreams themed tribute. very touching i thought.

Was at the brewers game yesterday.. grand slam and we beat them pretty handily. Beautiful day at the ballpark =D

Brew crew is doing great like I expected.. a big problem has been our relief pitching. They are starting to try and sort this out.

Rolling down to the game today and it should be good.