• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball 2016 v Stand Up and Ring your Bell

man, mark melancon is overrated

blew his second straight save, luckily the bucs won both of the games...the one on tuesday took 18 innings

tonight it only took two pitches in the bottom of the 9th and my favorite infielder in baseball comes through with a clutch triple off the wall
was nice seeing rookie jameson taillion only surrender 1 run in 6 innings after coming off the DL..between him, gerrit cole and tyler glasnow the buccos have a legit 1-2-3 punch to win a pennant in the near future

ball gets thrown into dug out after play at 3rd and YOU CAN WALK IT OFF AND RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER

everytime the pirates win walk off at home i reslisten to the radio call like 50 times, greg brown is the fucking man, here's a reminder of how great he is

i fucking love the pirates...never lose hope is the message they remind me
they were so fucking bad for so many years and steeler and pens fans don't want to hear it but i think pittsburgh is a baseball town first ;)

their schedule is very favorable in the 2nd half and everyone is healthy for once
if you're a betting man bet pirates to make playoffs, perhaps win the NL

after all the shit iv'e talked, i finally caved in and joined draft kings just to play daily fantasy baseball, it's got sex appeal

i don't care if i lose money, just having new guys to root for every night and raising my awareness for talent around the league is worth price of admission

And the Yankees are calling it in. Traded Miller to Cleveland. Its over SKL.

Traded Kemp to Atlanta for a suspended convict ,wow

Yah it saved 30 million and now we get to bring up some good farm prospects..but Kemp was good

And the Yankees are calling it in. Traded Miller to Cleveland. Its over SKL.

Yep, but at least the damn front office could make up their minds unlike say 2014. There may be nothing that we as New York sports fans hate more than the word rebuilding but it's a part of the life cycle I guess what would contract as outrageous as they are. Not if we weren't saddled with some doozies. But a lot of those guys did a lot for us at one time or another … :( at Miller though but hopefully whoever the hell guys were traded for approve some decent and consistent starters sooner rather than later.

Hey at least Fitzpatrick got signed or else I might have plain not bought a new TV lol. I'm also still saddled with a bunch of tickets on increasingly less likely to sell. So it goes.

whoa cheers to whoever changed the thread title, i feel honored :)

that home run call was great but nobody beats duane kuiper from the SF giants broadcast team
he hits one HIGH...he hits one DEEEEEP....IT. IS. OUTTA HERE!!!!

best example is at the 14:07 mark

this guy has been my favorite since the bond's days, his 756th hr call was amazing

who do you guys like the best when it comes to home run calls?

if you say john sterling you're just a homer moron, pun intended

Last edited:
High. Far. Gone. LOL. Somewhere on YouTube there is a mashup of all the (many) times he has mis-called home runs either one way or the other ("that ball is high, and it is far and it is … foul, now Suzyn, like I was saying …") and don't get me started on the puns

Me too. Not just so bad it's wonderful territory but the nostalgia factor and something about his whole approach and downright silliness kinda makes you feel like a kid watching baseball which is a great feeling … or something. And there's some intrinsic hilarity in his interactions with Suzyn "no crying in baseball" Waldman, how he's always cutting her off and stuff when she's talking about feels …

how about ivan nova tonight?

AFAIK it was the first CG for any bucco SP

next year's rotation of
jameson taillion - he's made about 10 starts, all of them were quality (6IP 3 or less ER), his last start he went 8 innings 8 ks 2 runs...the dude doesn't walk anybody either
gerrit cole - yall know him
ivan nova - i think NYY wasnt a good fit for him, ball park was too small and the division has too many sluggers...his stuff is probably the nasiest on the staff
tyler glasnow - this kid currently has some command issues but like taillon and cole throws his fastball between 94-99 MPH
chad kuhl - as a rookie this year he mostly has all QSs, nothing flashy just effective

^top 5 in MLB IMO

not looking to the future for optimism because i still think buccos sneak past the dirty cards and make the wild card game for the 4th straight year...give taillon the ball!

Me too. Not just so bad it's wonderful territory but the nostalgia factor and something about his whole approach and downright silliness kinda makes you feel like a kid watching baseball which is a great feeling … or something. And there's some intrinsic hilarity in his interactions with Suzyn "no crying in baseball" Waldman, how he's always cutting her off and stuff when she's talking about feels …

of all the dramatic things

Nova might very well be one of these guys who isn't a good fit in the Bronx but is solid elsewhere (A.J. Burnett?) Always liked him but he never got it together here really

Yankees are actually kinda exciting to watch right now. Games tending towards one way or the other slugfests with occasional tight pitchers duels. The wild card might be a long shot but we're getting to see a lot of the future of the team here and some of these Baby Bombers are showing a lot of potential. Judge and Austin hitting consecutive home runs at their consecutive first major at bats may be destined to be just a piece of trivia (but it did make history and I was there with my dad :)) but these kids are fun to watch as will be the 2017 team where presumably a lot of them get to start. Along with some of the older guys. Ellsburys not going anywhere despite whatever given the contract he's got; Gardner might still be a trade but I always liked him, have his jersey actually, one of the few home grown players left on last few seasons, hopefully he can get it together and shine for the Yankees though. Pitching is and will probably continue to be full of guys who look better on paper than on the field (Tanaka IMO being their king) but also some real solid guys and prospects too. 2017 will be a very interesting year maybe we'll play .500 ball buy get to see these kids develop, maybe Mateo gets called up, and maybe it's foolish to look so far ahead but 2018 could be a big year.

And speaking of looking ahead how about 2020 when baseball is set to become an Olympic sport? That will be interesting. Obviously way too early to think about a roster but should be pretty cool.

Baseball was an Olympic sport. It and softball were removed after 2000 games I believe.

how about ivan nova tonight?

AFAIK it was the first CG for any bucco SP

next year's rotation of
jameson taillion - he's made about 10 starts, all of them were quality (6IP 3 or less ER), his last start he went 8 innings 8 ks 2 runs...the dude doesn't walk anybody either
gerrit cole - yall know him
ivan nova - i think NYY wasnt a good fit for him, ball park was too small and the division has too many sluggers...his stuff is probably the nasiest on the staff
tyler glasnow - this kid currently has some command issues but like taillon and cole throws his fastball between 94-99 MPH
chad kuhl - as a rookie this year he mostly has all QSs, nothing flashy just effective

^top 5 in MLB IMO

not looking to the future for optimism because i still think buccos sneak past the dirty cards and make the wild card game for the 4th straight year...give taillon the ball!

Mets beat the Cards in the first of their series so I too trust that your buccos can get past the Cards in a wildcard race.

kid throws over 105 from LF

Mets beat the Cards in the first of their series so I too trust that your buccos can get past the Cards in a wildcard race.
ty for the support but your logic is flawed as shit
major league baseball is way more complex than you're making it out to be

i.e. a healthy cespedes, a historically red hot daniel murphy, and other stuff

pirates just went 5-1 on a road trip to SF/LA and now need to win this afternoon to finish 2-6 on this home stand(getting swept by miami was huge, if it went the other way miami would about be eliminated from NLWC, instead they're ahead of PGH

starling marte leads baseball in OF assists again this year, is hitting 30something and has swiped 41 bags

if the dude can learn how to get under the ball a little bit and hit some bombs (he only has 7-8 HRs but they were pretty much all fucking crushed, the dude is built like an NFL safety) he would be an MVP candidate every year instead of just an all star/golden glove winner .....i still <3 him and love having a favorite player again, he signed a contract extension last year or so to lock him up for a few more seasons at a price that's VERY affordable considering the amount baseball stars get paid, plus he's one sexy dominican i would go gay for a day(no pay) and kiss the fuck out of him and call it a:
21e43793946941f9cefcaca305dbcb9d.jpg

032614-mlb-Starling-Marte-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high.75.jpg

and having his name starling is huge in that town...anyone ever heard of willie 'pops' stargil?

Last edited:
Cespedes unfortunately is not back to top notch Cessie health though.. I'm not trying to simplify it, I was just trying to keep my post in the time frame that I am constrained by.
Murphy is the one to fear.. What a bummer for us Mets fans.

Maybe I said I trust that they can because its actually only a hope because I would always prefer the Pirates over a stinky Cards.

man it looks like buccos might blow this in the 13th vs the baby bears...blew a 1 run lead now it's bases full of cubs nobody out....fuck

but marte is so god damn cool, aradis chapman might not be the hardest throwing mother fucker in this game, the gold glover in LF might wear that crown

check out this throw to home to end the 12th inning

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v1113105383/[/video]

Last edited: