• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball 2016 v Stand Up and Ring your Bell

t moments of glory like bunting in the winning run of a local playoff game ;)
hey that deserves a little HUM-NAH AT A BABE!:D
i don't think i was ever given a bunt sign from my HS coach,starting my junior year it would be foolish for me not to swing, i would usually hit the first strike thrown to me...HARD:X

yeah i don't think i'm going to coach next year unless i can switch from HS JV to junior high
plus it's only a matter of time until i got in trouble for my language haha

i thought i would hate coaching but turns out kids that play baseball are not much different than me and my boys used to be

the high schoolers are more interested in being my buddy than following instructions and kids 13-14 are ripe for teaching basic fundamentals
i don't consider my self a great instructional(pitchers, catchers, batting stance, etc type coach), my specialty is communication and fundamentals(baseball intelligence)

at the varsity level it's mostly on the kids if they want to be great through doing basic tee drills at home every night to improve hand eye coordination...i don't believe there is a correct/incorrect way to swing a bat, it doesn't have to look pretty nor do you need to generate much bat speed, you just gotta be able to get the barrel of the bat on the ball and the ball will travel

i want to have freshman ready to play at the HS level, i had to teach shit that should have been covered in JR high but the long time junior high coach is a mr. clean look a like asshole that's been around forever and blows

i'm just fucking around man

that's cool about your uncle, my great uncle is joe collins
where's the confidence with the doyers man? pirate's starting rotation has been dogshit and are without gerrit cole for another few weeks and i'm not worrie

brewers pitcher junior guerra(31 year old rookie) is looking like NL ROY potential - good for the brews, they are not a threat

i'm rooting for the indians or mariners in the AL, like it's the mid 90s
My Uncle was drafted back then and had to go to war, end of his career.
My confidence is there but I'm seeing what's going on with the club and get discouraged. We are deff wild card, and it's fairly early still. As long as SF doesn't get there even year and dynasty I'll be fine, lol!
My entire family plays sports but me. I have health conditions that prevented my parents from letting me play. I surely went to T ball-college games growing up and pro games these days. Haven't been to a Dodger game this season and I live 5 miles from the Ravine, that is sad. Thankfully I can watch'em on tv.

I watch Quick Pitch on MLB network every night after work. Love the whirlwind tour around MLB but also admit that I look forward to seeing what dress Heidi Watney is wearing.

I watch Quick Pitch on MLB network every night after work. Love the whirlwind tour around MLB but also admit that I look forward to seeing what dress Heidi Watney is wearing.

heidi is really good at what she does, she's cute, doesn't pretend to be an expert, has a great rhythm to her speech that works, is someone of a minimalist compared to other's in her field and has a sense of humor, she's not funny per say but it's talking sports is supposed to be fun and not treated like breaking news from dan rather

BUT

her cousin is my favorite golfer nick watney :(

nick and heidi:
NSFW:
heidismile.jpg
watney-nick-trophy-082612-640x360.jpg

it makes me sad how poor his performance has declined over past 4 years
he was top 50 in world for a good 2 years and qualified in all 4 majors from like '08-'15

and

the best way to watch highlights is on yahoo. they show like 10+ minutes of highlights with no narrator or any spoken word...just the sweet sweet sounds of baseball

heidi is really good at what she does, she's cute, doesn't pretend to be an expert, has a great rhythm to her speech that works, is someone of a minimalist compared to other's in her field and has a sense of humor

Yep. She is really a perfect choice for the role; good-looking, but not at that point where we suspect she was chosen for her looks above and beyond her talents, she projects actual interest in the game, if not expertise (although apparently, she was a division I volleyball player or something like that.) She's charismatic and fashionable and delivers a good narration in between the play-by-plays featured on the program.

I can see the familial resemblance with Nick, too, although I am not a great follower of pro golf.

the best way to watch highlights is on yahoo. they show like 10+ minutes of highlights with no narrator or any spoken word...just the sweet sweet sounds of baseball

I haven't actually checked this out. I will. I am fairly dedicated to the MLBN channel to the point where it's the default channel that comes on when I turn on my cable box either to watch in the morning and late at night, some of their shit is lame but a lot of it is fun. (Heidi is not presenting tonight, if it matters. Lauren Shahadi is no mean fox, either, and we learned the other day that she "doesn't like when men use emojis." Who said sports channels didn't deliver important messages? ;))

pirate's called up rookie 1b josh bell just for cubs series

well first game he comes in and gets a pinch hit single to take arrieta out of the game

and than today:

try not and get goosebumps

i fucking love watching pirate fans lose their shit

with marte getting call to all star game to replace cespedes, it's a great day to be a pirate fan....sweep the cubs going into the all star break!....just like they swept the cards last year going into AS break :)

Last edited:
Man the all star break was brutal.. I can get so into watching my Mets that even one day off sucks let alone that all star break.. I hope they got rest and are ready to take place in this last half of the season though.. I guess the impatience didnt help since Cespedes and Syndergaard didnt get to play in the All star game, so I didnt even care to watch for fun.

red sox take 2 games (so far) at yankee stadium. feels good man :)

alasdair

Yesterday was the first time since 1995 the Yanks have been under .500 after the All-Star break. Both depressing and impressive.

indeed.

i am surprised you haven't jumped on the giants bandwagon at this point :)

alasdair

Fulmer-7-via-KC-624x463.jpg

Help us Carson Fulmer, you're are only hope...... otherwise I'll just keep pretending that the season ended in May, when the sox were destroying every team in baseball.