• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball 2016 v Stand Up and Ring your Bell

Bizarre ruling and a disappointing loss on opening day. Bats really came alive today but Pineda ddisappointment. Ellsbury, especially Tex, McCann and the rest doing their part at the plate though although assisted by shit pitching (which was true for us too ) Impressed with Starlin Castro so far.

But anyway.....

Any interest in a Bluelight fantasy baseball league?

Last edited:
Sure I will step up to be slaughtered. Have not done fantasy baseball yet. It would be a good summer for me to participate.

I am exploding the options. ESPN might be a good one. Has mobile, and a variety of options, I'm experimenting with it. I reckon about 8 people would make it fun topping off about 12?

link is broken breh. Also, interested in BL Fantasy League... show me the way

Football's over, so my avatar's back in Pinstripes.

Since this thread so far has been mostly me & Mike talking about the Yankees (and the HoF) ... ;)

Just ordered my partial season ticket package :D Bluelighters who might want to catch a game with me should hit me up.

2v16gk8.png

Super bummed to see the kid Bird injured and probably out for the season ... kid has potential. Worried about Tex staying healthy at 1st. Off the field issues (which I never really saw as my business) aside can't wait to see Chapman here and this might be the greatest 7-8-9 in memory. Castro way better than the lackluster selection of second basemen (Stephen Drew, anyone?) we saw last year and can get shifted around a bit fnfield if need be. Waiting to see what Ellsbury can do.

Interesting talk about ARod playing a bit more infield. He showed us last year stepping up and focusing on baseball and not the bullshit. #FORG1V3N, lets see what 2016 brings, Babe Ruth in sight and all. High hopes for him and hopefully as a rest the other guys can get some time at DH too.

Everyone talks about his need to work on defense but I am excited to see more of Refsynder.

Do we really consider, pricetag aside, Tanaka our ace? It's Pineda's title to lose tbh and a there's a pretty good argument for Eovaldi.

Better than Nelson, Mariano, and Wetteland in '96 or even better Nelson, Stanton, and Mariano in '98? And dont forget the Reds Nasty Boys from late 80s early 90s who where pretty fucking good for a few short years.

How you liking Gregorius so far? He is impressing me considering the shoes he has to fill.

boston avoided the sweep at yankee stadium...

season series is 4-2 boston. yankees look pretty bad, eh, skl? :)

alasdair

ehhhh.....

I got late but was there yesterday.
Got to see the Ortiz roidragedramatics.
But yeah, not feeling to well about the yankees so far.
Tonight honestly I switched to Fear the Walking Dead.
[MENTION=311014]Kittycat5[/MENTION] Didi certainly set the bar low in his debut last year but has come into his own I think.
Starlin Castro practically carrying the team right now.
ARod disappointing.

The key is the top of the lineup, Ellsbury/Gardner and they need to get it together.

Mets are finally in first after crawling their way up from under the Gnats.

marte mccutchen and polanco is the best black OF a pirate fan can dream of
the best part is they are locked in shackles together for at least 3 more seasons
starling marte is the buc's most exciting player, both defensively and at the plate...only matter of time until he becomes a house hold name

if only their starting pitching can get their shit together

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER

Chase Anderson had a perfect game going into the sixth and a no hitter going into the eighth, but the cubs broke that up. Brewers won though.

Going tot he brewers cubs game tomorrow.. should be good fun.

[video=youtube_share;p30iDv3yCh8]http://youtu.be/p30iDv3yCh8[/video]

ICYMI epic benches clearing brawl
* Bautista HBP
* Ground ball DP; slides in Odor at 2B
* Odor seriously rocks Bautista's jaw
* Benches clear, chaos ensues
* manager previously ejected returns to field

Amount of suspensions and fines almost beggars belief

Rangers:

Odor: Eight games, $5,000 fine (under appeal)
Andrus: One game to be served today
Dyson: Fine - Undisclosed
Bush: Fine - Undisclosed
Chirinos: Fine - Undisclosed
Buechele: Fine - Undisclosed
Griffin: Fine - Undisclosed

Jays:

Gibbons: Three games, $5,000 fine
Pillar: Fine - Undisclosed
Donaldson: $1,000 fine
Chavez: Three games
Bautista: One game (under appeal)
Leiper (1B coach): One game
Hale (bench coach): Fine - Undisclosed

the Nats are in town for a three games series, one already complete! Big Blue ( Dodgers) win a team at .606. Dodgers even in post season can barely get to .600! I think The Cubs will will be a good test but that series isn't till August. A lot can change between now and then.... I'm a bit worried about that Bay Area team called The Giants. I'm bummed I just found this forum!

The Cubs, they are off the HOOK at .691! We are 72ish games into the season. 90 games to go before it gets real. I'm praying The Dodgers will pull their stuff together. 5.5 games behind the a Giants is not acceptable ⚾⚾⚾⚾️. It's the Dodgers life story to get almost there but not quite there! What is everyone's opinion on this?

5.5 games at this stage is not insurmountable. long way to go but the giants look pretty good to win the division.

alasdair