• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ It's always great to feel amazing! ;)

Thankful to arrive at home, take a nap, talk peacefully to my family while we eat together, feed the dog who wants to take part of it. Simple things.

I thought one of my older Golden retrievers was going to have to go in to the Vet because he seemed very sick but he has made a quick turnaround and is sharing a little Tri Tip roast with us along w/ his normal dinner. That went over very well and he is probably going to fake being sick if he sees me cooking it in the future. Thankful he is OK now.

Last edited:
Our dog as almost as old as my son. Difficult to think that this is going to change rather sooner than later. Living the moment as much as possible.

^ and ^^It is so hard to let go of an animal family member. I always "know" that their lives will be shorter than ours when we get them but when they are so integrated into family life I choose to "forget" that knowledge. My older son used to beg our old dog to make it until he graduated from high school and left for college. Inky managed to make it until senior year but not through to graduation. Like your golden, Jekyl, we started buying him a hamburger every Friday and I swear he was thinking, "Man, had I known to play the mortality card earlier I would have!" He's been gone for years now but we've never gotten another dog.

MaFF6IW.jpg
It's nearly embarrassing to admit the Love and Devotion we have to our "Babies". Warm Chicken Gravy on every meal, an Italian Leather Dog bed (our sofa) and a spot on the bed for the night with a request consisting of a quiet woof.

Well my flight was overbooked last night so I had to stay behind for the night. On the plus side, I got a free hotel stay, a lot of money, and I get to see my sister now. Things work out in weird ways sometimes.

I went for a 4 mile walk, to the cathedral, I went into some shops, I ordered some paints with the little money I have, so I can paint next week.
It gave me a temporary feeling of normalcy. I never believed I would be an addict but here I am, starting treatment next week. Got through the worst of the withdrawals with some mini-relapses, now just on Day 5 and the psychological effects are still there: I wake up sometimes and forget I ever went and asked for help at the local outpatient rehab clinic 3 days ago, then I remember, then I feel this gloom come over me...I start to wonder: "Hey, maybe I wasn't addicted after all and can handle just chipping after all?". lol No! That is the demon I am recognising more and more. But god the cravings for opiates, do they ever end?

After over a month in my junkie cell it was great to get out though. Breathe real air, interact with strangers who were friendly...Filling my life with productive activities is positive and vital.

I began a new writing project and my brain is fizzing and popping.
The days are bright, suddenly, and warm for the Northeast US, and I plan to walk and wander with the countryside. I am going to get new vape juice for my pen today and new coils, buy a new project notebook, and spend some time just breathing the clean air. Strong, hot black tea and willpower will get me there.

Great challenge next week. Training course up north for a change.

MaFF6IW.jpg
It's nearly embarrassing to admit the Love and Devotion we have to our "Babies". Warm Chicken Gravy on every meal, an Italian Leather Dog bed (our sofa) and a spot on the bed for the night with a request consisting of a quiet woof.

What a heart-melter that face is.<3

^ Thank You Herby :). He's a rescue from an older couple that passed suddenly. I have his sister as well and they both have accepted me as a good human I think.

I got in touch with a dear friend I haven't seen in a few years. She is doing well and is healthy & happy. It was great to pick up where we left off and I'm thankful for that.

^ Agreed. This is that nice time of year when it's not too cold nor too hot. The Goldilocks period if you will. Not that I have any right to complain about the weather where I'm at. %)

i arranged a date with a girl off tinder this saturday. pretty mindblowing as it will be the first date i have ever been on at 24 y.o. optimistic for new first steps this year

^ That's great Mysterie. These feelings are memorable- hope everything runs smoothly. :)

Had the day off today! It passes so quickly though.

i arranged a date with a girl off tinder this saturday. pretty mindblowing as it will be the first date i have ever been on at 24 y.o. optimistic for new first steps this year

smooth!

got some great advice from an unlikely source and it was just what i needed to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.