Widespread Panic threaddddd.

I have tried many times to like them but just dont get it. Its too loud, reminds me of AC/DC in a way. I appreciate Jimmy Herring (he played with The Dead the first time I saw them) but am not familiar enough with Panic, even after seeing them around 7 times now to really get excited about them.

Last edited:
Jack is on my top three oaft cs.. love that shit

this is silly good <3

NSFW:
campfire-animated-gif-8.gif

Last edited:
i lied when i said i couldn't stay here anymore

f rejesus christ i have been away for awhile i've gone thru and out of my panic stage almost a year ago

it was about this time last year i was couch touring and than spring time came around and just stopped, been listening a little lately, will never lose it

my shits are the rednecky songs like a lot of them, but theres lots of songs i think are complete snoozers(most ITT), you wont find them listed hatfield, rock, imm leather shoes(southern weakepaugh groove), i miss todd for down alone ive cried during end jam of down a few times, when jb starts do woppin' down down,ribirtha, little fucking lily , last straw,i'm not alone, pilgrams, pa-leas, , jack, WDYBLT, greta, papa's home, better off, dyin man, space wrangler, the take out, disco, postcard, ribs/whisk, solid rock, time zone, barstools/dreamers, good ppl, christmas katie, tortured artist love tractor, conrad AND HI LO

i'll stop there, now you know useless shit about me, i still feel like there's more songs i don't dig than do, but i love all of those, panic goes deep but not enough improv to get me hooked GOOD...i'm not a cool fan, my 5 song set would go: little lily, hatfield(great story, great jb, reeks of GA), down, hi-lo and pleas...love a lot of their fellow southerner cover songs, like north, degenerate, climb to safety, sometimes, going out west, protein shake, red hot mama, arleen, honky red, makes sense to me, dirty side down,

PS i didn't mind george at all, i ended up buying a good 16 SBDs and my favorite was from like '06
i still have no ear for JBs guitar but i'm over it

i'll leave with some mikey era little lilly, segue into it sounds dope, love the lily >s

Last edited:
Sorry not sure how to embed video via mobile app, but this a top 5 Panic moment....

https://youtu.be/3DvkPSwwVVQ

Pure fire. JB just dominates the fuck out of this. He was just drunk enough to be perfect. Love Todd's shirt "turn JB up", I had that sticker on my 89 pathfinder that I did tour in for years. He was turned up loud as fuck on this particular night and he just got after it all night, particularly in this bowlegged. Watch the whole thing. Watch JB. If you don't think he's one of the best front men in rock n roll after watching this video, I don't know what to tell you.

CR, you don't hear JB's guitar, that's why for years people said "turn JB up". Watch 1:50-2:50 in the clip I just posted. He just fired Mikey up. When Mikey would get going, all it took was for JB to step over to Mikey to really get Mikey's confidence up and that's when the magic happened.

As far as improve....the clip above is more JB and Dave....none of JB's raps are scripted, and that bowlegged shows it well. You'll hear them in Hatfield and Diner as well. Just him and his mic and his mind. Admittedly, the clip above is a JB show, but I'll try and think of more musical improve moments that'll make you cream your panties.

The new realease from Asheville 2000 has some huge jams. The Diner in particular. Shit gets spooky as fuck. The band doesn't go as far in left field as the dead or phish. They're a rock band, but they had their moments of YUGE jams. Have you heard their cover of guilded splinters? That shit is down right evil. After I put my kid to bed maybe I'll go down the YouTube wormhole and be your redneck spirit animal.

Here you go, friend...

This is that entire Asheville 2000 show

https://youtu.be/ZvHJkxPEDuw

They just released it, so buy it or steal it or whatever. The soundboard is boss. Great improv in this show. You said you like ILS. I'm not a big fan of that tune, but check out the jam coming out of it. Also, the diner is a must. And, of course, the take off jam after airplane. This isn't even close to the jammiest improv show around, but it's fresh on my mind.

Check out Jacksonville 99 from the Moran theatre. That shit is hot.

Oh, and if you like rock n roll and the Grateful Dead, which I know you so. Here you go. All time low>cream puff war. The segue is flawless and the shit will break your neck. Turn this shit to 11 around the 4 minute mark. JB's hair is so lolz. The machine was working.

https://youtu.be/4_bV9lXF0zw

Speaking of machine, do you even machine>barstools, bro? You should....

I couldn't find a straight up Mikey machine>barstools (I'm on my phone), but here's the end of a good machine into a solid barstools.

https://youtu.be/BQ8eAkIVPsE

Bottom line, jimmy has been great for this band, but it ain't my thing. It's still fun, but that Mikey heat was the best. Don't even get me started on 95-98. Those were the best years.

Fuck. I'm stoned.

This is the cornell 77 of panic. Just like I've heard you say of Cornell, essentially, "Cornell is awesome, many claim it to be the best, it's awesome as fuck, but there are better shows"...that's the same way I feel about this one. But it's a good show to get a motherfucker hooked. And if we're being subjective, maybe it is the best ever, brah. Anyway, I'm not alone through vacation is definitely some of the best Panic I've heard (I saw the two shows in Augusta, prior, was supposed to go to this one but would've gotten fired and I pussed out and kept my fucking server job)

http://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-04031996-huntsville-al/

Something else you should know, a lot of the 97 recordings are soundboards, so that's a good year to poke around for good sounding quality rock n roll.

http://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic/1997-streams/

Start with this one

http://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-05071997-louisville-ky/

Yea boy howdy! ((((slugs Budweiser and farts))))

yeah generally unless you count post midnight NYE; they did a set and an encore after Auld Land Syne. But ya know >1500 shows I think they 1should relax and put together a studio album and/or a video. Then maybe some special small VIP. Or at least a PF4F (food drive), or a (late) Hannah's Buddies. Or at least let the members do some side projects; like Govt Mule, or even a McConnel cameo. Herring's could does well with something I consider more his style. But I happen to love George; though I don't know the politics I thought Doreatha was fascinating and IMO the banjo made it fantastic.

Anyone catch the first Airplane at House of Blues post-Mikey w/Jerry Joseph @ Disney's House of Blues for Hannah's Buddie? Everyone in tears and while I was appalled at first he did it justice. "waits for her man to come home; but he ain't comin' home"

I'd def go see "Rev" J. Joseph with Vic Chesnut... Light is Like Water, Blight, Chainsaw City, Expiration Day, North; Encore with full Panic Encore?Climb to Safety and Dirty Side Down? omg!

My 2nd of 34 shows was Jackson, MS 6/29/01 and there weren't any hard drugs unless a few brought em in. FFS people had schwag!
But hands down the most awesome. Even got myself screamin on the boot!

1: She Caught The Katy, Wondering > Happy Child > Send Your Mind, Greta > North, Drums, A of D > Aunt Avis > Conrad, Dyin' Man

2: Porch Song > Imitation Leather Shoes, Henry Parsons Died, This Part Of Town, Fishwater > Visiting Day > Fishwater > Drums > Vacation > Arleen > Cream Puff War

E: Climb To Safety > Red Beans

['Drums' appeared in Set 1 due to technical difficulties; 'Mississippi Queen' rap by Dave during 'Arleen'; The Kudzu Kings and R.L. Burnside opened]
(thanks to everydaycompanion.com for setlist)

However yeah 10/28/00 save maybe last Oak Mtn. But it was top notch. was that the one with sandbox?

I only got 5 mikey shows but that last oak mountain run proves to me music is the best medicine... when you see mikey zone out he feels no pain just straight euphoria. that got me through some major traumas myself. that serotonin or endorphins flood is incredible.

good example is 10/26/01

*oh no sandbox was same day in 01*

Looking to hit the October Milwaukee shows.. but they are sold out and i was hitting ticket for 200+ per night.. hopefully cheaper ones come around

Looking to hit the October Milwaukee shows.. but they are sold out and i was hitting ticket for 200+ per night.. hopefully cheaper ones come around

Those Milwaukee shows sell out instantly. I've never been, but from what I've heard, it's an amazing time. Great venue, awesome part of town, very accessible and easy for those from out of town, good bars, etc.

It's funny that Milwaukee has become one of their favorite places to play. Totally random. I don't think I've ever been to Milwaukee, but I'd love to go. Probably super nice in October.

Good luck with tix.