Widespread Panic threaddddd.

http://www.relix.com/news/detail/widespread_panic_to_end_extensive_touring

Relix.com said:
Widespread Panic’s JoJo Hermann has revealed that the band is planning to cease extensive touring after this year. In an interview with the Clarion-Ledger in Mississippi, Hermann said, “We’re really wearing it out this year because we’re basically going to call it touring-wise after this year; we’re not going to tour anymore.”

The Ledger goes on to say that Hermann that the band is not “breaking up or retiring” and “will continue to play shows at places like New Orleans Jazz Fest and at Red Rocks.”

“We’re still all brothers and still going to play together,” Hermann says. “It is really not that big of a deal, I don’t think. It’s part of life. I’ll go home and figure out what I’m going to do for the rest of my life. I will probably go back to [Oxford, MS’s] Proud Larry’s and set up a piano.”

The cease in lengthy touring will come after the band’s annual New Year’s Eve show at the end of this year. Fansite PanicStream spread the news this evening via their Twitter, saying, "Hurts to see it in print. Feels more real now."

ChickenScratch, Iistened to the Phish, Dayton 97 show. One of the best shows I've heard by Phish. I cannot wait till my next Phish show. If the fall dates are true, I plan on seeing them in Dallas at the end of October. I will try to see them in Indiana or Pensylvaina. I wonder why no Ohio? Anyway, bitchin' show. Listening to the Panic show next.

God damn this show has big balls.

http://youtu.be/NR0RkZtnySs

One of the most fun three night runs ever. Carlos Santana came out the next night. There is a lot of good video footage of that show as well. This was like the first week flying in the US opened back up after 9/11. Everyone was nervous but I had myself and 5 or 6 other friends flying into Oakland and we got hammered on whiskey and had the whole plane cracking up the entire time. Great memories. The Greek is probably my favorite outdoor venue.

I was there as well. Panic runs at UNO were the fucking rowdiest shit on earth. Nothing like it.

QFT... I have been thinking this since the third day I found bluelight CS.. but your handle caught me right away.. I pretty damn sure our paths have crossed. :)

Last edited:
I'm a fan of most famous jam bands but Panic never really did it for me. I've seen them around 5 times now and never left with that feeling of awe you get leaving a phish or dead show. Their sound reminds a bit of a southern AC DC

must agree here. only been to 3 shows, but even trying to listen to their stuff (live or otherwise) seems to be mostly a chore for me

I wonder if it's common for people who can't stand phish to like wsp and vice versa?

True enough. To me it's always sounded like phish is always playing the same tune with different words. With the JH show I see this in both bands.

I think I'm going full bluegrass.

the opening sequence here was what turned me into a WSP fan, fucking rock and roll gentlemen

in the mid 90s, WSP did a concert in athens, ga where the entire downtown area was closed to car traffic. mind you, i have no interest in the band, but the hippie fest was right up my alley. i watched a guy line his (parked) car with gumdrops and then go back and drop LSD on each one - we talked, and i got him to drop a drop on my tongue.frankly, the only time in my life i've enjoyed acid. i should mention that at the time i was crazy as a shithouse rat from dxm and tryptamines. so - over one of the parking lots the city had graced us with a bit of propaganda in the form of a billboard reading "CANNABIS STUPIDA". you see this coming, right? to a cheering crowd i crawled up on the sign and spray painted "LIBRE" over the original message. just wanted to share my WSP experience.

i dunno where else to post this

it was the final sketch on the season finale of SNL about a month ago and is clearly a spoof of southern rock...mostly allman brothers

it's fred armisen fronting the band the harkin brothers

everytime i listen to it it gets funnier and better sounding

summer time is fayetteville, hot hot summer time
[video]http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-harkin-brothers/3039819[/video]

You know the rules. Anything Widespread goes.....Have add it.
amen. I did new years in Nashville. hard two days no drugs but worth it!! well actually I had three balloons... but just gas not powder heh. N20 on lot love it with my chimichangas and grilled cheese.