Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Survey: Psychedelia as a Subculture

summerjoy

Greenlighter
Hi all! :D

I'm currently in school, studying a mixture of anthropology, linguistics and psychedelic studies, and am in the process of researching and writing an ethnography about psychedelia as a subculture. For part of the research, I'd like to gather some info on the subculture, and its participants, as it is today.

If you'd be so kind as to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. :) When the project is done, I'll be sure to post it (or a way to get to it) on here so you all can see the results, as well!

Click here to start the survey!

I'll be closing it in a few days to collect the results, as my first draft is due next week. I'd be happy to post the results/my paper when they're ready, if you all are interested.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I gladly participate in any research on psychedelics. Bluelight also has the Drug Studies sub-forum focused specifically on the topic of drug research. Perhaps y'all could get extra responses if y'all include the study there.

Good Luck!

Submitted a response, hope it helps, I'll pass it around to my friends

Edit: I'd also recommend posting this to Drugs-Forum and other drug websites if you haven't already. You can write your draft and revise it a bit as new data comes in

Last edited:
UPDATE: In total, we got 111 responses! I'm putting the paper together now, so it should be done by Sunday night! I look forward to sharing the results with you all
smile.gif
thanks again!

Finally! The first draft is... well, I don't want to say completed because I still have the whole history section to finish--but! It's to the point (I've pulled down most of the survey results) where I want to share it with you all
smile.gif
Please keep in mind, this is the FIRST DRAFT--not anywhere near complete
wink.gif

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_C914A_erp5S25pSWZQSnNIbE0

Hmm, the link requires registration. Could we view a draft without registration, perhaps on this site?

http://freetexthost.com/

You just need to request access. I did and the request was granted. It looks an interesting study. I will read it properly when i finish work.

Update: Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence! I'll be updating the paper in a few days. It should also be unlocked now so you can view it easily :)

The problem with psyscheadelics imo is that it is a sub-culture. Gives people the wrong idea. Best analogy being cheech and chong and the fact those were comedians doing a satire. Or Ali G.

In the 60's, which I was no alive for, the reason it was a "thing" was that the average joe for various obvious reasons was trying to expand his mind.

Hope your paper goes well. You must live in somewhere cool. Every drug paper I wrote for college got bad marks.

The psychedelic community really is vibrant, accepting, and surprisingly humorous. This was such an entertaining paper to read.

When your paper is proofread and finished, please share.

I filled out this survey when it was open; but psychedelics have not been really part of a 'subculture' for 50 years or more as psychedelic drugs have been mainstream for awhile now, or at least my entire lifetime even though other drugs like MDMA/MDA, various research chemicals, heroin and other opiates, cocaine, and even alcohol are all a lot more popular than psychedelic drugs now.

Please post the report/results, or a link to them.