• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Reagent Testing

ImDirtyDan

Bluelighter
Just a quick question about testing molly (or other powdered/rock drugs).

I know for MDMA it turns purple to black. My boy got some molly and I tested for him and it ended up being yellow. I told him that was bath salts.

He asked me what that means. Does bath salts mean that its a research chem that could be similar to MDMA or its a subsyace with no relevance towards it?

Lastly I told him he shouldn't take the shit but he did and seemed to have a decent time.

A yellow result from Marquis reagent probably indicates methylone, but it could also be another cathinone.

marquis-color-reactions.jpg

Methylone really? So he took some methylone? Is that considered a "bath salt"

What drugs are bath salts.

Methylone is the classic "bath salt". However there are a range of synthetic cathinone research chemicals that are sold as MDMA and were sold as "bath salts". What he took is more likely to be Ethylone than Methylone as ecstasydata results show Ethylone taking over from Methylone as the true content of tested "molly" in late 2014. Dibutylone has also shown up in the same role. In the end it doesn't really matter which one it turns out to be, the important thing is that you know what drug it isn't, which is MDMA.

iirc bath salts refer to synthetic cathinones. methylone i believe is considered a cathinone so yes it can be referred to as "bath salts".

'bath salt' is just a stigmatized term. it's an analogue of MDMA (bk-MDMA).

but ofc it's still an RC..

It seems like nitpicking, but I fixed the thread title to say "reagent testing" instead of "regent testing."

This kind of misspelling might change the meaning, so yeah.

Carry on. :)

It seems like nitpicking, but I fixed the thread title to say "reagent testing" instead of "regent testing."

This kind of misspelling might change the meaning, so yeah.

Carry on. :)

Haha xD I hadn't even noticed. Oh god now I'm curious on this whole bath salts things. So usually they are MDMA analouges. Hm. Does that mean similar highs and durations? Similar effects? I'm sure if its being sold as molly is similar. But then again that makes me question lots of people who have tried "real molly" because I'm sure that a nice number of people have tried molly without it actually being MDMA. Which is why I don't like the term molly. Its loose...just like her pussy AAYYYLMAO. :p

Also, about synthetic cathinones. And research chems in general I guess. This stuff he had was white. Are all SC and RCs like this? Because I've seen MDMA be white and brown-ish in color both test positive for MDMA. I've never seen a brownish research chem. They exist probably?

A lot of these research chemicals are sold under the 'Not for human consumption' legal loophole - so a lot of companies branded their product as 'Bath Salts' and on the back of the packets was the disclaimer 'Not for human consumption'.

It is not a specific drug but the media got a hold and the headlines of 'high on bath salts' started to circulate.

Also, about synthetic cathinones. And research chems in general I guess. This stuff he had was white. Are all SC and RCs like this? Because I've seen MDMA be white and brown-ish in color both test positive for MDMA. I've never seen a brownish research chem. They exist probably?

There are brown, tan,beige etc. r.c.'s. You can't really go by color at all. Sometimes the same chem will vary in color from batch to batch and between different chemists. This can be from different synthesis routes, impurities, cuts and other variables.

There are brown, tan,beige etc. r.c.'s. You can't really go by color at all. Sometimes the same chem will vary in color from batch to batch and between different chemists. This can be from different synthesis routes, impurities, cuts and other variables.

I figured

Good job dirty for being a safely contributing member to our society. More people need to be aware of the vast amount of circulating substances being passed off as MDMA. Cheers for testing!
Edit: Methylone is not a bad drug. It's just not MDMA. Also as Clocktower noted, just because Marquis shows yellow doesn't mean 100% it's methylone. It could also be something like Butylone, Ethylone, Etc.

Good job dirty for being a safely contributing member to our society. More people need to be aware of the vast amount of circulating substances being passed off as MDMA. Cheers for testing!
Edit: Methylone is not a bad drug. It's just not MDMA. Also as Clocktower noted, just because Marquis shows yellow doesn't mean 100% it's methylone. It could also be something like Butylone, Ethylone, Etc.

Its only because of the vast amount of RCs out there. And I test almost every time I buy stuff like this. Although I do like a few select RCs