Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

Chatative

Bluelight Crew
Continued from here
2 years to fill a thread? I guess there really is "never anything good on".

~Sprout

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just started watching Hannibal.

It's soo, soo good. I'm about half way through the first season at the moment. Mads Mikkelsen is like perfect for the role, certainly fills Sir Anthony Hopkins shoes adequately!

As an aisde, there are a couple of great shows to look forward to next month if I am not mistaken.

Netflix will be showing season 2 of Better Call Saul & the most important one, the X-Files will be aired on Channel 5 at some point. Can't wait. :D

watched first half of the first season of jessica jones. really liking it

Yeah I've enjoyed what I've seen of that so far. Guess I'll get round to finishing it off after Hannibal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye - can't wait for the second season of 'Better Call Saul'. Only a month to go =D

Watching the series Oz for the first time it's like a drama thing inside a U.S. Prison pretty brutal well worth a watch though recomended.

Is better call Saul worth watching?

Any other good series to watch for me?

Yeah, I think it's really good.

I've watched Oz and liked it. It does drag on a bit and delve further into the ridiculous. The ratio of gay sex : extreme violence was just about acceptable :D It also makes one really crave 'tits' :(

It might not be your thing, but 'House of Cards' with Kevin Spacey is really good. The same goes for 'Boardwalk Empire'. I fucking love Steve Buscemi!

Oz is full on. It was one of the reasons i decided to change careers and become a nurse ;)

Just watched the first episode of Deutschland '83. Certainly caught my interest. As with all these foreign language programmes, when they are good... you hardly notice you are reading subtitles.

New season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is upon us. Seen the first two and just about to watch the third. Wasn't sure about the second episode but the first was pretty fucking funny, my favourite episode is always going to be the beauty pageant one though.

New season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is upon us. Seen the first two and just about to watch the third. Wasn't sure about the second episode but the first was pretty fucking funny, my favourite episode is always going to be the beauty pageant one though.

I tried to watch it from the beginning before and couldnt get into it. Yet loved dexter, breaking bad, sons of anarchy, the wire, true detective. Is always sunny in Phili worth trying again you think for someone who enjoys those type shows?

The first season isn't so great tbh, I did the same as you when my mate tried to get me into it and didn't watch it again til I got Netflix and now it's probably my favourite show. So yeah, worth another go, Danny DeVito becomes a regular in the second season and it just gets better. I dunno if you'd enjoy it because you're into those type of shows but it's pretty dark comedy at times and the characters basically have no redeeming features but it doesn't make them unlikeable which is pretty great.

I'm somewhat behind the times and just finished watching breaking bad.

That's the only TV drama I've watched in the past six years and I watched it all in the past three months.

I catch Gold Rush with my Cambodian staff sometimes as it's similar work to what we do and we get to laugh at ridiculous things like health and safety being practiced in the workplace and how the dumb kid on that show is similar to the dumb kid on my site yadda yadda yadda.

I've been recently watching Rick and Morty. Tight shit yo.
It's on TV since I got an (wireless) internet connection built in.
Well ofc also TV-out from my pc, but that's another story.

rick-and-morty-season-2.jpg

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/anatomy-park/

I've been told I need to watch that, completely forgot. Time to get it downloaded.

You seen Community?

Yeah, was wondering if you'd seen that actually! Took a while to get into it but love it, got the final season to watch cos it ain't on Netflix. Gave me one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV with the Dean rapping. Jim Rash is fucking hilarious <3

Yeah ive seen it, me and gf love it. Only seen season 1-3. Got into it straight away, brilliant series.

Apparently chevy chase was a tosser during filming and pissed everyone off

Gonna check out Rick and Morty in a min

Yeah I heard that too, shame cos he's really funny. I thought he'd have made a good choice for Oscar in Arrested Development if he hadn't been George's twin.

Is Arrested Development proper good? tried to get into it a couple times but never managed to

Other good tv shows.. Homeland, American horror story, Vikings, Fargo, Narcos.. all worth checking out

Yeah, it's really good and there's a lot of stuff you don't catch til a second or third viewing with regard to jokes and that, but it is a lot more plot driven than stuff like Always Sunny or Community, it's more just a really funny drama I guess. Shares a lot of its cast with Archer, if you watch that?

Need to get into Vikings, mate has been raving about it for a while but typically I don't watch whatever she's on about til years later when I go 'hey this is good why didn't you mention it before?'

i am currently three episodes into netflix' making a murderer. it's really well paced and very, very engaging. whatever the tv equivalent of a 'page turner' is, this is it :)

i see mentions on here of breaking bad and better call saul. in those show, saul is played by one of my favourite u.s. comedians - bob odenkirk. i'm from the uk originally and have what you might describe as a pretty typical british sense of humour. i also found that uk comedy does satire really well (e.g. brass eye) and i found a lot of amerian comedy pretty light-weight and, frankly, not that great. when i discovered mr. show (with bob odenkirk and david cross) i was really excited. it's smart, surreal in places, funny comedy.

is anybody here familiar with it? what do you think?

alasdair