• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Walking Dead as the season started up again - what an opening episode.

Yeah it was good. Better than a lot of the filler episodes throughout that season. Inconsistent

I would just like to pay tribute to how fucking excellent the 3rd series of Shetland has been. %) The whole of the 3rd series focuses in great depth, over the course of about 7 episodes, on one story outlining the Shady World of persons who control the Heroin market in Glasgow and surrounding areas, and all the people who somehow get tangled up in this complex and sorry tale of witness protection programs and potential spoilers as these are not revealed until quite near the end
NSFW:
corruption in high office, one of a few genuinely surprising plot twists that you dont anticipate, and which come thick and fast towards the end.

I recognised the Heroin Guy from Braveheart, I'm sure he played an elder fearsome warrior in that film. The guy has not aged in thirty years. %) Although maybe he is now too old to play the role of fearsome Highland Warriors these days, and now gets the part of an ageing criminal underworld gangster kingpin. The 3rd series just finished last week and may still be available on I-player.

The first 2 series were equally good, they were mostly cases filling up a number of deep 2 parters. A real quality British crime series totally worth investing a few hours in. In a way the series follows on from where Taggart and the likes died and the series subsequently literally lost the plot and it's Gravitas without its eponymous star, following the death of Taggart in real life. The fictional, but surely based on fact, Detective Inspector Perez in Shetland, has my deepest respect, for navigating some very murky subjects and characters, and always getting to the heart of the cases, no matter what intimidation tactics people try to use on him, peeling away the layers and getting in fucking deep right to the truth and the heart of matters. <3

Last edited:
There was a big problem a few months ago where ABC's legal bods contacted a lot of the file sharing sites and made them remove content. The files were only up for a short time before they were taken down (from the main page).

I read that the opening episode from an earlier series was downloaded more than 1 million times within 1 hour of it being uploaded to file-sharing sites, immediately after it was first broadcast in America.

Subscription TV companies obviously must be mighty pissed off about that. Having subscribed to Virgin Broadband and TV, all streaming content and file shareing torrents are completely copyright blocked, obviously wanting the customers to pay extra to upgrade their TV packages instead. The Walking Dead was the only program I watched with the extra 100 channels I had to get, and so it wasn't really worth the price of the upgrade for several months for TWD that alone. I just held out a few months longer and bought the season 5 DVD the day it became available which was far better VFM. I can live with not being bang up to date with films and TV, besides it's so frustrating having to wait a week for the next episode as every episode ends with an epic edge of the seat cliffhanger. With the boxset you can feast on them all over 2-4 days, or if you have the will power to resist temptation, and make things better in the long run, store up the episodes to watch in that fashion as Shambles did.

Just finished watching the first season of Sense8. pretty amazing series, i think a lot of people here would agree... scifi-ish but interesting on a social/human level as well

I only just heard about Sense8 the other day. I'm usually pretty slow to pick up on these things and usually need a few trusted recommendations first. However, he described it as sort of exploring the idea of a collective consciousness so I think I'll give it a whirl at some point. Cheers for reminding me!

Has anybody watched the new series of 'House of Cards'? I watched it in a marathon on Saturday and thought it was an excellent season. The quality of acting is very high.

^ i'm about 7 episodes in. i thought they lost it a bit in season 3 but it's back to where it was early on. really enjoying it.

alasdair

Yeah I felt that season 3 had lost a certain bit of je ne sais quoi. I thought, and was disappointed to think, that they would wrap everything up in season 4. Perhaps it's just how relevant season 4 is to current US politics, with the general elections approaching. I don't want to provide any spoilers for people but I know you're already past one of the big shocks. I'm really looking forward to season 5 now.

Kevin Spacey really is a brilliant actor and the show has so much other great talent in it.

Been watching 'Brooklyn 99' finding it pretty damn funny, there are a lot of the actors from 'always sunny' in it too

Worth a watch :)

Agent of SHIELD has started again Season 3 Episode 11.

Season 3 of Penny Dreadful this year (May) - if you haven't seen it yet it's really worth watching (Gothic Horror type of stuff - but that sells it way short).

Or maybe El Dorado....although that may have been before your time Don :)

The girl from that show; "Fizzy" iirc has seared a permanent impression on my mind. I cant remember anything else about the show, other than how dire it was, and how hot Fizzy seemed at the time; I was about 16 or 17. She often wore those really lightweight 'summer dresses' on the very short side too. They are so hot. :eek: The camera work was totally gratuitous when it came to Fizzy, I suspect she was the only reason any male viewer ever watched the show.

Cant find much on her on the net, and i wonder now what all the fuss was about. :eek:

I think this must have been her:

Last edited:
The girl from that show; "Fizzy" iirc has seared a permanent impression on my mind. I cant remember anything else about the show, other than how dire it was, and how hot Fizzy seemed at the time; I was about 16 or 17. She often wore those really lightweight 'summer dresses' on the very short side too. They are so hot. :eek: The camera work was totally gratuitous when it came to Fizzy, I suspect she was the only reason any male viewer ever watched the show.

Cant find much on her on the net, and i wonder now what all the fuss was about. :eek:

I think this must have been her:

It's the 'a' tattooed on her face that gets me off :)

Tattoo Fixers. That show is ACEEEE!!!! The tattoos they come to have covered up are funny as ell. Two girks had 'chicken nuggets' on their foot, when on holiday aboard. This woman was sexually frustrated so wanted a 'Tracy Exans' design whuch came out as a woman fisting her faj. That was fkn funny. A man had some cover up him who looked like a slag.

Plus Jay is sexy as n so is the girl tattoost (I forgot her name)

Anyway during my five-hour tattoo sesh last Thursday my tattooist aint too keen on thdm, says they're false advertising - they aint the most experienced just three good looking tattooist n one has been found out as copying designs.

GPs Behind Close Doors
I luuuuuuuuuuuv this programme. Last week a GP took a cyst right out of a man's head n fuck-me it was HUUUUUUUUUUUGE! It fascinated me n I've thought about it since. The man asked to see it, while he was lying tgere on the bed hacing his head cut open n stitched up. What tgese GPs can do nowadays absolutely amazes me n I've not seen this stuff before n yeah, ace.
A bloke with bipolar needed to all-clear to go abroad n that annoyed me the way the GP n psychiatrist (GP phoned pdoc after) were treating him like a child. He's got a me btal illness he's not a prisoner let the bloke on holidau ffs. They dud jn the end but that annoyed me
But ywah Wednesday. Not sure of time as I record it but is a cracking programme.

Benefits by the sea.
I have a love-hate relationship with this. I was not impressed with how the presenter referred to various people as "addict / ex-addict". They are people with a journey, people with an existence, people with feelings not a label with a statement "here this is what a recovering addict is like," " is what an addict / alcoholic is like" It didn't sit well with me n how is society meant to change their opinion from judgement to empathy n possible understand when the media are manipulative in their wordings? Anyway I have noticed that presenters of these programmes use a bit less scorn towards people on benefits n acknowledge it life on benefits isn't necessarily the easy, luxorous lifestyle n that people are trying to better themself n seek employment. Not sure what has changed but have noticed this.

Made in Chelsea - this has to be the most boring, unintelligent load of trash I've ecer had the misfortune to watch. Bores one night n unable to sleep, with nothing else om I put this on whilst giving the floor a clean. To sum it up its a load of good looking people with nothing between the earing going on about who they fancy, who they broke up with n she-said-he-said shit. I think being infront of a firing squad would be more stimulating for the braincelks than that.

That's it for now I want to mention Davina McCall - life in the Extreme - but my recording failed for the first episode,, I've only seen the one with her at sea (which was ace; I found her to show sincerity n bravery n enjoyed her explanation of things. To anyone who doesn't know, Davina has spent a year visiting the most extreme places on the planet to try n understand how animals survive. I'm very much interested in this.

Evey

hqdefault.jpg

Yay....am watching Tattoo Fixers, recorded from last night. First person had a tattoo portrait of his Mam that looked like a character from a horror movie. He's having it replaced with a pocket watch n roses the sketch looks good be interesting to see what it looks like lol n someone had a weird tattoo on arse, smoking a joint, which he had done abroad.

HilArious.

Evey

Good series that. It shouldnt have been canceled in my opinion

I am about to finish season one! It really just gets better. Would definitely recommend it to others!

Has anyone tried calling the number they give for Saul Goodman?

With how extensive Breaking Bad was, even having Juniors "save my dad" website on the real internet, I feel like calling that number is bound to provide an easter egg of some sort. I just can't remember what his number is...