• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

Watched first 6 episodes of 'Iron Fist' - bit of a mess tbh, some nice moments here and there but looowwww quality especially when compared to the other Marvel / Netflix stuff (DD, JJ & LC)

Watched first 6 episodes of 'Iron Fist' - bit of a mess tbh, some nice moments here and there but looowwww quality especially when compared to the other Marvel / Netflix stuff (DD, JJ & LC)

I came here to mention this also - really disappointed with it. I think I made it upto number 5 and then gave up - I may put it on in the background when I'm busy but it's pretty dire.

Finished it last night - feel really bad hating on it as its getting a lot of stick but I have to agree with most of what's being said. It does start cooking towards the end but its not good enough and doesn't justify sticking with it that long. Just a load of cringy stereotypes flinging cliches at each other for the most part. I do like Finn Jones though and think the character will benefit from the maturity and weight (metaphorically and lit.) of the others once they team up in the summer.

EDIT: first instance in a super - hero story of super powered trans-dermal heroin though styl so it has to get a point for that at least :X :) =D

Last edited:
Stee did you watch 'Into the Badlands' ? Season 2 is just starting and I think season 1 was only 6 or 7 episodes so not hard to catch up.

Pretty decent for run of the mill style series - the fight scenes have a very 'kill bill' feel to them and the costumes and settings are both great aswell. There are (like most series) a few dud characters but its worth watching.

I haven't dude but have been flip flopping on what to start next (just finished off second half of Boardwalk Empire S5 on Friday as well after a long hiatus but did not bother mentioning it as I was so late to the party) so I suppose its as good as a select as any to look at next. Give us a week and I will let you know how it is going.

I've been watching a few of the 'Inside number 9' - not sure if you would like it as you seem to watch more the action stuff whereas this is dark 'comedy'.

I could suggest a few series

'Westworld', 'Humans', Black Mirrors, Stranger Things, Penny Dreadfull, Taboo, Extant, Channel Zero.

I saw the first 2 seasons of 'Black Mirror' a couple of years ago and re-watched them Saturday evening in order to re-cap and move forward which I will once I re - stock the ganjee tomorrow. I want a 'Bing - Shard' - I have a list of folk upon whom it would be put to good use.

'The Sopranos' is probably the most well celebrated HBO series I have never seen and to address that I bought the complete piece box-set on BD about 18 months ago for my dad and I to sit watch on an evening while she watches the soaps. Tried out the pilot just before Christmas but it didn't work as she refuses to allow us to spend any time together (he is my husband you junky scum why should I sit in here on my own etc) so that plan was abandoned instantly. As it appears that its never going to happen now I'm just going to crack on with them myself and my da can put them on once I go to bed on an evening (she doesn't mind him sitting in the big dining room watching stuff on his own she just refuses to allow us to watch anything together)

I've watched the entire thing three times, most recently last year. I've been getting a craving for some recently so I might just re-watch it again.

Given how much I enjoyed Boardwalk Empire, I'm surprised that I haven't re-watched it yet.

"Yer kner what aye call television, the idiot box ;), the idiot box"

"Yeh there's alot of rubbish on"

First 3 episodes fantastic so far so good.

While the wife was laid up with sciatica for a couple of weeks recently, she binge watched 'The Originals' about a bunch of vampires, werewolves and witches in New Orleans. I've only seen bits of it myself, but I must admit, it looks bloody good...

When I spotted that I thought it was a remake or rerelease of the Angel and Demon one so I skipped it - I may have to give it another visit.

It's just ticked over episode 7. Totally unconventional and pretty well shot. Bit of cheese here and there, but worth a watch.

White teeth, never seen it before and damn, I'm loving It!

'Outcast' - Season 2 has just started. Season one was good - pretty strange as it really explain that much about what is going on - A young man searches for answers as to why he's been suffering from supernatural possessions his entire life.

Smashed our way through Peaky Blinders, then Atlanta, now half way through Stranger Things.

Peaky Blinders was brilliant, Atlanta very good and Stranger Things is also very good, so far.

'The Leftovers - Season 3' - Three years after the disappearance of 2% of the global population, a group of people from New York struggle to continue their lives, while they cope with the tragedy of the unexplained nature of the event.

Season 1 & 2 were both pretty interesting.

Brilliant! There's a new series of HIGNFY...

Happy days.

I went through a phase of watching all the old ones with Angus Deayton and feeling smug about the things I knew about despite being too young to have remembered or been interested %)

Forgot to mention that I marathoned off both seasons of 'Narco's' earlier this week - as one of the two or three people on the planet that did not know anything about PE beyond his name and the fact that he used to be involved in the cocaine industry I found it surprisingly engaging and (to a lesser extent) somewhat educational as I am positive that one cannot have made a lot of that shit up.

Bit uneven in the way it goes about telling its story (the first season covers something like a 15 - 20 year span where the second covers the following 18 - 24 months) but any time it seems to be going off piste we are treated to another fantastic moment with Wagner Moura who is by far the best thing about this show and just about holds it all together and makes it watchable. Will be nice to see further seasons produced about them chasing the Cali Cartel but I cannot see how it will be any good as the characters cannot be as interesting and Moura's absence will leave a massive gap to fill.