• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Did I just take too much Kratom? Please help.

When I was addicted to kratom, I could stomach 3x 20oz doses a day with the only side effects being constipation, memory loss, and then eventual lethargy, depression, and no motivation...Glad I kicked it and have been clean from Kratom for 6 weeks!

'Sedating' when it comes to kratom means 'a little sleepy'. On it's own, kratom can't make me nod out.
I don't get it any more, sadly, but towards the start of my kratom use, I could nod out a good bit on it. Ahh, good times. But I agree, it's not usually powerful enough of a sedative to make you nod out much. (It can be good for sleep sometimes, though.)

Edit: heh, maybe spoke a little too soon. Just had a small dose of kratom after about a week off from it and I was out for about an hour at the end of it.

Last edited:
Yeah with kratom it never puts me sleep, if anything I get a little sleepy but also that weird, wired energy floating in the back..today I took 5 grams of green malay and red vein, then laid down and felt very comfortable yet also had a somewhat strong urge to do something..I still kratoms odd stim/sedative effects to be bizarre..I notice occasionally a few hours after dosing I get some hand tremors..anyone else get that?i also sweat much more while on kratom..an annoying side effect especially if u are just out doing something mildly physical yet u are sweating bullets

Depending on the grind and coarsness of the kratom, the consistency of the powdered Kratom leaf can vary quite a bit in density. This brings about "guess work" in to the equation, with recreational justification leading to eat more "just in case" and caution leading to not ingest a proper medicinal dosage by dosing too low "just in case."

In any case, some different types of Kratom have been shown by other forum users to vary greatly in density through their pictures and anecdotes.

Although plain leaf Kratom is a weak, medicinal plant that doesn't absolutely require a scale, it is always best to know exactly how much is being ingested to reach a dose that offers you just the right amount of relief you're looking for, without overshooting your dosage and getting more nausea/dizziness than you bargained for

Bottom line: if you can afford to eat Kratom, you can afford a scale. Kratom is a medicinal plant that deserves your respect, and in turn she will treat you well. I have been using it on and off since 2011 and it has kept me from developing an spiraling into an Rx opiate addiction during my injuries. During injury rehabilitation, I use it in conjunction with my doctor prescribed painkillers. I never take more than 3-5g a day for chronic pain, and when I'm in intense pain following an injury, I take half of my prescribed painkiller dosage to supplement it.

It is self-limiting and fulfilling, conducive to actually living life and being a productive, contributing member of society with a full spectrum of emotion, rather than the stumble through life in an apathetic, dulled, emotionally-flat painkiller-topia that comes with the territory of RX-opiates.

People have used this plant responsibly and medicinally for eons, and I hope people continue to use it in a safe and responsible manner with the respect it deserves. :)

It is self-limiting and fulfilling, conducive to actually living life and being a productive, contributing member of society with a full spectrum of emotion, rather than the stumble through life in an apathetic, dulled, emotionally-flat painkiller-topia that comes with the territory of RX-opiates.

People have used this plant responsibly and medicinally for eons, and I hope people continue to use it in a safe and responsible manner with the respect it deserves. :)

Agreed 100%. I've been through many bouts of opiate dependence and abuse - even when I was a 'functional' addict on dope or later on OCs, my life never approached the quality of living that I have today using kratom. I've been using it daily for a few years too.

I have a scale, too, for other stuff, but I've only used it for kratom a few times. When I started using daily I bought a set of measuring spoons and have been using them for years with good luck. The guys who turned me on to kratom used this method, I guess I always just assumed that everyone did.

I can definitely see where a scale is more effective, but I'm personally sticking with my measuring spoons since I know what to expect dose/strain wise with them. Sounds like for new users, dosing by weight is the way to go.

When I was addicted to kratom, I could stomach 3x 20oz doses a day with the only side effects being constipation, memory loss, and then eventual lethargy, depression, and no motivation...Glad I kicked it and have been clean from Kratom for 6 weeks!

I know you meant 20 gram doses - but still, that's a massive dose at a time! Damn. Beyond 10 grams I don't get any increase in positive effects, if anything, I get a bit of a headache and kind of dizzy in an unpleasant way. For me, it's never been like traditional opiods, where it's always just more, more, more more more.

Glad you kicked it- congrats man.

My first post ever to Bluelight, although I've been reading for years.

I've "overdosed" on Kratom two times. For me it comes on like intense low blood sugar. The first time I was sitting down and using my computer when the low blood sugar feeling came on extremely quickly. I went from "Should I get some food?" to "I don't know if I can stand up and make it to the kitchen" in about 45 seconds.

I did make it to the kitchen, barely. When I opened the refrigerator I tried to click & drag the yogurt container out like it was on my computer! Then I had to really concentrate to do it physically with my hands. I made it to the counter where I poured it into a bowl. Before I knew it I was falling over into my trashcan, and I found myself paralyzed on the ground for a second or two. I had landed on top of some old coffee mugs and had crushed them in my fall. I then managed to stand up, eat my yogurt and feel better.

I felt weird for the next couple of days, but I think it was the experience itself and not a hangover.

This was on a big heaping tablespoon of Red Bornea kratom. I had another, similar experience but not as dramatic, without the rock'n'roll star collapsing into a trashcan activity. Now I stick to a regular rounded teaspoon and have had no more problems.

I'll say it again, kratom is the best pain reliever I have ever taken and I've taken oxy, heroin, vicoden, methadone..I'm not sure why or how kratom reduces pain better than the others but it simply does.

My first post ever to Bluelight, although I've been reading for years.

I've "overdosed" on Kratom two times. For me it comes on like intense low blood sugar.

Studies have shown that kratom DOES actually lower your blood sugar- so this isn't too surprising honestly.

Personally, I've had some unpleasant low blood sugar symptoms after drinking heavily the night before with my morning dose of kratom. I never really drink to the point of getting hung over, but to that 'almost' hungover point where you wake up with a mild headache and feel kind of groggy. From what I understand, alcohol really plays hell with your blood sugar regulation. When I'm like this, my normal morning dose of kratom and tramadol feels great, except about 30 minutes later I start feeling weak, dizzy, and shaky. A glass of OJ takes care of it.

Oh gosh, the time I overdosed on kratom I was on a train and had to keep running back and forth to the little bathroom to puke up my guts. Not fun.
I can see how too much kratom is like that; dizzy, shaky, weak, and sort of... confused, I guess. Kinda sucks, but hey, I keep doing it.
Studies have shown that kratom DOES actually lower your blood sugar- so this isn't too surprising honestly.
Interesting. I'm curious as to how that works.

Huh. There was a bunch of stuff I didn't get in that, but I understood the basic point of it. I hadn't heard about it being traditionally used for diabetes before. Thanks for the link.

It was not good for me using Kratom as an opioid replacement. My main issue was how short acting it was. Dosing the raw powder so often was unpleasant. It did get me through a day or so, as it useful to a degree. I'd imagine that with no opioid tolerance, this would be a good pain reliever.

Huh. There was a bunch of stuff I didn't get in that, but I understood the basic point of it. I hadn't heard about it being traditionally used for diabetes before. Thanks for the link.

No problem - before I knew about it's correlation with blood sugar, I'd notice that my morning kratom dose would make me shaky/weak if I'd been drinking too hard the night before. A glass of OJ and I'd be fine. Once I saw the studies about kratom and blood sugar it all made sense.

Im calling bullshit

I'm sorry EnlightenedOne but I am gonna call ya out on bullshit. I am a daily kratom user and have been for over 3 years. I have a ton of musculoskeletal pain and I need to get both of my hips replaced along with quite a few other surgeries. Needless to say I deal with A LOT of pain issues and I basically reli on kratom for relief as I have no insurance and I have shitty healthcare coverage with Gabapentin being my only prescribed pain medication. I take A LOT of kratom powder and I am most definitely addicted to plainleaf kratom powder. I wake up EVERY MORNNG with kratom w/D's, real talk. And I average an Oz a day. There is NO WAY you take 20 ounce doses. That's bullshit...

I think there's a little lingua-buccosis there too, maybe, but I've been wrong before:

I mean, I'd consider constipation minor, but not memory loss and worsening lethargy.

Anyway, if it's still powdered, tough to overdose in healthy people, I think. Until more potent extracts are available.

-->Archive.