Global Drug Survey 2016 now recruiting!

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
Watch the YouTube clip

By taking part in this year's Global Drug Survey, you will be part of the biggest survey of drug use patterns in the world. Last year over 100,000 took part in GDS2015. Our target this year, with media partners in 19 countries and with the survey having been translated into 10 languages is 120,000. That’s a lot of experience, expertise and opinion to share.

The survey itself can take between 15-30 minutes, though it may take longer if you have a lot of drug experience to share.

GDS2016 opened on 9 Nov 2015, and will close by the end of December. Anyone aged 16 or over can participate.

Link to survey

Dr Adam Winstock is the head of Global Drug Survey and oversees the project. He can be contacted at [email protected]

Global Drug Survey is an independent drug use data-mapping agency, based in London. This research has received approval from the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust and Institute of Psychiatry Joint Ethics Committee, London England, and by The Ethics Committee of the Philosophical Faculty of the University of Zurich.

Last edited by a moderator:
While taking the survey, I noticed a section in which MPA was listed twice (under methylthiopropamine and MPA, respectively).

There was also a section which specified "2-FA" (2-fluoroamphetamine) as a selectable option, and "fluoroamphetamines" as another option--this is overlap was confusing--especially since 2-FA is probably the least popular of the common fluoroamphetamines.

While taking the survey, I noticed a section in which MPA was listed twice (under methylthiopropamine and MPA, respectively).

There was also a section which specified "2-FA" (2-fluoroamphetamine) as a selectable option, and "fluoroamphetamines" as another option--this is overlap was confusing--especially since 2-FA is probably the least popular of the common fluoroamphetamines.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out. I'll let them know to amend this for next time (survey will close very soon but will be up again in November).

BUMP... Only a couple more days left. :)

Why would I participate in a study when no benefits of our input is in the description ya no thanks

Um, if you check out the first link in the original post, there's a good description of the expected benefits. There's no direct ones (you don't get paid, for example) but the project results do get a lot of press and GDS has done some good things with that press in recent times.

You can see a selection of results here from last year: http://www.globaldrugsurvey.com/the-global-drug-survey-2015-findings/

It's been and gone. There was another thread about it. We are currently analysing the data - expect reports in media late May!

It's annual, yes there will be another one in Nov/Dec/Jan. New results for last year's due late May, to be presented at Club Health.