• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Question What book changed your life?

Could say The Hobbit.
Led me on my way to the Lord of the Rings.
Began my lifelong love affair with fantasy novels.

Don't forget the warning at the end about winding up a missing person flower child forever

Factory Made about the warhol silver factory...completely gave me renewed hope for the human race

Imagine the large book about john lennon..
Gave me somewhat of a bible as a child

A Stir of Echoes

The Children of Old Leech

I mostly read horror books

P.S > I wouldn't say that changed my life but perhaps gived me new views

Civil Disobedience by Henry Thoreau
It made me realize that my interest in anarchism was not born out of youthful naivety, but out of an instinctive knowledge of what is right.

Illuminatus by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson
For blowing my mind in a thousand ways. I have read it four or five times I think and everytime I found something amazing that I hadn't noticed before.

Wouldn't say 'changed my life' but certainly influenced:

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Ran

All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot

The Hot Zone ​by Richard Preston

"Three Dog Nightmare" by the singer Chuck Negron. I read it when I was struggling with my own addictions.

After he lost everything to heroin, he was sleeping on the floor of an abandoned building and living out of a duffel bag. He was down to 126 lbs., had hepatitis C, emphysema and was given less than 5 years to live.

After 38 stints in rehab, he finally got clean in 1991. Now he's 78 years old, looks and sounds better than he did in his 40's, and just got married to a beautiful woman.

It made me realize that if he could turn his life around, so could I.

The World Fact Book, by a bunch of people. Involuntarily memorized the entire contents of the book when I was about 5-6 yrs. Taught me I was fucking weird.

When I was little, the USSR was this scary entity. We feared Brezhnev could cause the death of millions of Americans by pushing a red button that would launch an ICBM aimed straight for us.
During this latter Cold War era, I got ahold of a book about the Russian Imperial Family. I do not recall the title of the book. I was mesmerized by the lavish style by which they lived and captivated by their story. I was 8 or 9 at the time I read this book and I had no clue about the Bolsheviks, and how the story would end. I was traumatized and couldn’t believe these beautiful children met such a horrible end.
I was fascinated by the woman who claimed to be Grand Duchess Anastasia, the youngest daughter. It was proven via DNA not too long ago that she was not Anastasia, but it was such a great mystery when I was a kid.
This book was the start of my love of all things Russian. I also love to meet Russian people and my dream guy would be a Russian or Ukrainian pilot. Commercial, cargo or military pilots would all be great.

The Goosebumps book (seriously, let me explain lol). When I was about 7 my mother bought one and each night she'd read x amount of pages. After a couple of weeks I started to just read them myself. So they introduced me to the literary world and in particular the horror genre. They started my love of books. I still read a lot now.
I could also add Stephen Kings It. When I was 12 every time we were in a bookstore I'd ask if I could get it until one day my dad suddenly said okay. It was my adult book I read and again, it got me into Stephen King and then on to so many other authors.

The Crow Graphic Novel by James O'Barr. I was a very damaged individual in my teenage years (I suppose I will always be, though then I didn't handle things as well) and the raw expressions of rage and pain on display in the graphic novel really spoke to me, almost as if it were the first time I realized i was not the only one agonizing...

The Herion Diaries by Nikki Sixx

Oh man... I used to LOVE that book back in the day, but I had to get rid of it when I quit opioids because it made me jones too much! :D

It did make me realize, though, that being a rock star isn't always as glamorous as I always imagined it to be.