• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cutting agents in cocaine?

JordanBelfort

Greenlighter
Ive always heard rumours about a user's nose falling off because their cocaine was cut with rat poison, or fertilizer or some othe nasty substance. I reaize that it is different for each different coke, but if this is true, Are these cutting agents widely used when cutting coke or are they rare thing to come across? Just curious.

Ive always heard rumours about a user's nose falling off because their cocaine was cut with rat poison, or fertilizer or some othe nasty substance. I reaize that it is different for each different coke, but if this is true, Are these cutting agents widely used when cutting coke or are they rare thing to come across? Just curious.

Cocaine has always been cut, the reason being it has to travel long distances before distribution. There is a documentry from the BBC on YouTube you can watch which is excellent. They interview a dealer (hidden face) and he says that most clients in London know he puts caffeine power in the coke as the product is diluded to expand volume (to make more $ as drug dealing is about the hustle). In the 80s dealers would use Lidocaine/Novacaine to simulate the numbing effects in case someone tasted the product to see if their gum/lips would tingle and go numb. Nowadays it's more dangerous because rc chemicals such as bath salts and other subusute amphtamines are used because of low cost. Remember, coke closer to the source is cheaper and has higher purity. The coke you buy in a jungle village in Peru is not the same as some kid at a basement party in Nebraska offering you a bump for $10. Test your supply! Hope this help

Cocaine is interesting because of how cheap it is to produce, once you have production in place at least, in comparison to the street value once it hits a Nebraskian basement party (to use the last example) Once the product has reached its end user it has increased in value by alot, I mean like 1000x a lot. Those margins coupled with the fact it isnt a small amount of money we are talking about as one can pull the same margins in paper manufacture i would assume but that requires tonnes of product to make remotely the same profit as 1 ounce of coke. Usually when you manufacture things you try for 500-1000% return as anything less simply isnt worth production costs and time.

Having said that this inflation then applies to any "white powder" you choose to cut it with. This means people select the cheapest cutting agent because it creates the most value. People can use active compounds if they choose to make their coke seem better through stimulation but anyone experienced can tell how stimulated they should be off of the coke they did.

A lot of todays coke is cut with levamisole as it is cheap and produces a minor stimulating effect and to make it worse you can even remove the sodium chloride ion from the complex through the use of baking soda, so it even makes its way into cocaine freebase (crack)

It is unlikely that drugs will be cut with poisons or substances that produce negative effects in the users because that is what will cause the user to stop going their product. Sure some would stay just because but eventually the dealer would lose the market because of using "out of the ordinary" cutting agents. Also one can safely assume that professional cocaine cutting is in a sense a "trade" in some places as it can double the profits and these people doing it high up the chain probably are pretty good at it and have selected cutting agents that make sense due to cost and effect. It is more likely your cocaine gets cut with amphetamines at its end point rather then beginning. They cut it with levamisole close to the source i would imagine.

Last edited:
these people doing it high up the chain probably are pretty good at it and have selected cutting agents that make sense due to cost and effect.
While I found your post insightful, I disagree with the above. Yes, people up the chain are probably knowledgable about cutting agents. But isn't Coke usually cut at pretty much all levels?

Particularly the guy who's last in the chain may not be knowledgable about it. He may believe that cutting with speed or whatever makes sense. Or maybe he's disorganized and cuts with whatever stuff he happens to have floating around. Bottom line: Not every Coke dealer is well-informed, reasonable and systematic in cutting his stuff. Here in Europe, drug testing sites find all kinds of active cuts in Coke. Somebody must be putting them in. But yeah, it's probably not the wholesaler (except for Levamisole, perhaps).

^Thats what I mean people doing at origin are good at it, people in a basement party in NE not so much. All of what i was referring to in that paragraph is what can be happening at origin as it is most likely controlled once it gets into the hands of street sales there is no way to know what people will put into it so I could never comment on that.

I remember back in the day there were all kinds of cuts going around. However, none were more harmful than a mild baby laxative. I don't think I ever ran into anything I'd call dangerous to one's health, really. Seriously, it doesn't make very good business sense to injure the one's you want returning business from. I know there are always one-off horror stories on the web and the like but I just never ran into anything like that personally.

pure cocaine damages the sensitive nasal membranes in several ways. Upon insufflation of pure cocaine, the hydrochloric acid group (HCl) is left to accumulate resulting in a high concentration of hydrochloric acid which becomes corrosive, damaging tissue. On top of that, cocaine is a potent vasoconstrictor and will stop vital oxygenated blood from reaching your nasal membranes, leaving them to die due to necrosis.

Guessing smoking cocaine (freebase) is safer because the HCl group is knocked off so the cocaine does not impact the pH of your blood and also does not have this corrosive property on your lungs, but it does have negative lung problems due to its vasoconstriction.

As far as the cuts in cocaine. There are too many to name and it's hard to know what's in them but they may be corrosive directly or indirectly via some other mechanism. I find insufflation of street cocaine to be damaging to my nose so I prefer to freebase and smoke pure cocaine by cleaning up street cocaine with an acetone wash or just paying more for a better product. I don't use cocaine in anymore anymore for financial and health reasons but the safest ROA is smoking it in moderate doses. If you go with the insufflation route, taking breaks between lines where you rinse your nose with warm water to dilate your nasal vessels goes a long way in keeping that membrane healthy. The worst you can do is expose your nose to cocaine for prolonged periods as it leads to dead tissue.

Again, you *can* do less harm to your nose and body with more pure cocaine. When you're dealing with cuts you're really risking your health unless you clean your stash or know the cut is benign.

Last edited:
I make a comment to a friend about how numb this coke I got recently made my gums and he made a joke about it being cut wiyh novacaine. Any way for me to know for sure?

Following!this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png