Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help?!?!

Bluelighter
ALD-52 or 1-acetyl-LSD

160px-ALD-52_image.svg.png

iupac = (6aR,9R)-4-acetyl-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide

It appears ALD-52 is now available! Thoughts? Experiences?

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting for the blotters to show up myself... was going to order 1P blotters but now maybe I'll get both

God damn golden age of lysergamides. What a time to be alive

waiting for the blotters to show up myself... was going to order 1P blotters but now maybe I'll get both

God damn golden age of lysergamides. What a time to be alive

If you were going to order 1P, don' waitt. It will get specifically banned, like LSZ and AL-LAD before it. Buy what you can afford, and store it safely. It might be the golden age of Lysergamides now, but the grip on the nut sack of freedom is only going to get tighter, sad to say.

Psychological risks to the contrary notwithstanding, the RC Lysergamides appear to be very physically safe compounds.

Tom

I saw the apparent availability of this yesterday myself, I didn't wana mention it because it seemed too good to be true. Just a year or two ago we'd be calling each other crazy at the suggestion of its existence 8o

I have to wonder how it is compared to LSD. I too will be testing it when I can get some blotters. I looked for info on it yesterday and only found old speculation threads and vague info which basically expressed that anyone claiming to have tried it is a fraud.

Wow, amazing. AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD-52... bless those who have decided to make this happen. :)

Wow! Does anyone think this will be any different from 1p-LSD, subjectively?
I'd hazard a guess that it just might be. The PiHKAL entries make it seem less demanding then LSD but it seems to follow along most of its traits!

In Entry 26 of his compendium TiHKAL, which discussed LSD, Shulgin touched briefly on the subject of ALD-52. His writings are vague, second hand accounts, saying doses in the 50-175 µg range have resulted in various conclusions. He found that there was less visual distortion than with LSD and it seemed to produce less anxiety and tenseness and that it was somewhat less potent. Another informant claimed it was more effective in increasing blood pressure. Yet another informant could not tell them apart.

In The Hallucinogens by Hoffer and Osmond (1967), ALD-52 is listed as having a lower (approximately 1/5) intravenous toxicity (in rabbits), a lower (approximately 1/8) pyretogenic effect, an equal psychological effect in humans, and double the "antiserotonin" effect as compared with LSD.

So does anyone know if it actually readily degrades into LSD? And if not, is it stable for any period? I doubt there's an answer yet, but these are the first things I want to find out about it; whether storage of it is even possible.

So does anyone know if it actually readily degrades into LSD? And if not, is it stable for any period? I doubt there's an answer yet, but these are the first things I want to find out about it; whether storage of it is even possible.
I doubt it's that liable. Like you, SKL, and I were talking about, for the most part, lysergamides aren't as unstable as their made out to be. Truly though I couldn't tell you, but I bet some ADD'ers like Sekio probably could. He'll probably find this thread sometime soon and weigh in, I'm fairly sure...

^I'm just wondering because of the famous Orange Sunshine case, in which they didn't get out of prosecution since the court determined that ALD-52 readily degraded into LSD. They probably were just making LSD and either way, LSD is required in order to create ALD-52 in the first place, or so I've read...

I'm really curious to see how 'clean' this stuff feels, as LSD is some pretty heavy shit IME. If I could trip LSD without the gut churning and the random bursts of anxiety, I'd certainly do so. Not to say that the anxiety and intensity of LSD isn't a plus sometimes ;) I think that's part of what makes LSD so mind-expanding, profound, and often life changing. It would just be nice to sometimes have an acid-esque trip without... well, the feeling of being on acid hahah. I have yet to try Eth-lad or Al-lad though, so maybe they have some of what I'm seeking.

ETH-LAD can defintely be like that, much less demanding, and such. Still profound though. From the reports it seems like it could go that way... Yeah I was thinking about that case too. It has always been speculated, like you said that they were just making LSD, and attempted to use ALD-52 as a cover...I do hope though that ALD-52 won't feel like there's a small child punching you in the intestines or however you phrased it!;) Though maybe a 5HT2c antagonist could help you though....

^I'm just wondering because of the famous Orange Sunshine case, in which they didn't get out of prosecution since the court determined that ALD-52 readily degraded into LSD. They probably were just making LSD and either way, LSD is required in order to create ALD-52 in the first place, or so I've read...

I'm really curious to see how 'clean' this stuff feels, as LSD is some pretty heavy shit IME. If I could trip LSD without the gut churning and the random bursts of anxiety, I'd certainly do so. Not to say that the anxiety and intensity of LSD isn't a plus sometimes ;) I think that's part of what makes LSD so mind-expanding, profound, and often life changing. It would just be nice to sometimes have an acid-esque trip without... well, the feeling of being on acid hahah. I have yet to try Eth-lad or Al-lad though, so maybe they have some of what I'm seeking.

I think they have better synths (which might not need to make lsd first) now so lsz, al-lad, 1p-lsd, eth-lad and now ald-52 became widely available.

I do hope though that ALD-52 won't feel like there's a small child punching you in the intestines or however you phrased it!;) Though maybe a 5HT2c antagonist could help you though....
Am I really the only one on here who gets this from LSD? Most of my friends comment on similar symptoms from L. It's like... this constant sensation that you need to take the biggest shit of your life, but you simply can't. It's not always there, but it comes and goes. Some trips I never have it. Other trips it's like a one hour pain fest before it clears. It always happens in the first quarter or so of a trip for me. Usually it's accompanied by a lot of farting. I remember one trip we left the room to go exploring, and when we returned we found the room to smell like... well, lots of sweat and farts concentrated in one space 8(

Gastrointestinal issues with LSD are pretty common for me as well, yes. Haha

Feeling lucky here then! That only happens with some of the 5-MeO tryps and it's not really that bad either. Come to think of it, I haven't even puked from a psychedelic in a long time either, which used to happen to me with fair frequency.

If you were going to order 1P, don' waitt. It will get specifically banned, like LSZ and AL-LAD before it. Buy what you can afford, and store it safely. It might be the golden age of Lysergamides now, but the grip on the nut sack of freedom is only going to get tighter, sad to say.

Psychological risks to the contrary notwithstanding, the RC Lysergamides appear to be very physically safe compounds.

Tom

For sure, though I'm not terrifically worried about supply of 1P, I still plan on getting some asap. These lysergamides are fun and novel but I've never bunkered any. If I do it will be one that's extra spectacular - ETH-LAD might be such a candidate - and I'd get a bit of powder. Otherwise I'm perfectly content sampling them, discovering & appreciating their character, and feeling a little pride in having tried something rare and previously mythical.

Yeah I can't really see how ALD would readily degrade to LSD provided it doesn't get exposed to moisture... think what happens to o-acetyl tryptamines when they aren't kept dry. And if that's the case degradation to LSD is the least of your worry 8o

Status
Not open for further replies.