View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for anyone who has tried this is it any different than 1p-lsd? My vendor isn't picking it up basically because they can't tell the two apart.

The blotter i recieved today is free of this issue. Will also be contributing a full report on this material soon, which is rare for me. Long time listener first time caller. Maybe the vendor was enjoying his first coffee of the day? (Joking...) I had sheets of AL-LAD that went like this that shade after a year of proper storage. Quality decreased maybe 25%. Contamination within the bag in this case maybe? If ALD-52 is even slightly close to what had been thought of it's readiness to hydrolize, this may be evidence of a reduction in shelf life... Hope not. I am only making estimates here.

Last edited:
Stability study

The blotter i recieved today is free of this issue. Will also be contributing a full report on this material soon, which is rare for me. Long time listener first time caller. Maybe the vendor was enjoying his first coffee of the day? (Joking...) I had sheets of AL-LAD that went like this that shade after a year of proper storage. Quality decreased maybe 25%. Contamination within the bag in this case maybe? If ALD-52 is even slightly close to what had been thought of it's readiness to hydrolize, this may be evidence of a reduction in shelf life... Hope not. I am only making estimates here.

I think I can contribute some valuable info here. First of all, both the ALD-52 (shouldn't we rather call it 1A-LSD?) and 1P-LSD from the blotter source are legit, I performed NMR analysis. Also, both powders (or rather stones) were quite pure, although the ALD was rather yellowish. I guess this explains the drying stains on the blotters. Since low stability was mused, I performed a stability study: I let the NMR tubes with the solutions of both 1P and ALD in D2O (deuterated water) and 1P in DMSO stand for about 3 weeks at room temperature in a shaded corner of the room. So the samples were exposed to some ambient lighting but no direct light and no or almost no UV. Both aqueous solutions gradually turned yellow, but the NMR were virtually indistinguishable after 3 weeks. Maybe 1-2% was degraded at most, and no LSD was formed during the process. This was confirmed by TLC. So there is no need to worry about the stability of the solid or blotters, if even the solution behaves this way.

As for my experience with the substances, I must admin I only found time to try 1P-LSD once (130-140 µg). The trip was beautiful but totally LSD-like. I couldn't spot any differences. Even the onset started as early as after 30-40 minutes and I was fully up at 1:15 h. I collected (non-psychoactive) mushrooms in the forest and enjoyed being close to nature. Had a very honest and introspective trip, amplified by being alone all the time. I cannot say that it caused less anxiety than LSD simply because acid doesn't usually cause any anxiety in me. The body load was miniscule, as it usually is with LSD (I get quite a lot of unpleasant physical effects on most 2C-X and even more so on NBOMe-s). I wish I had more time to try some ALD, too.

Wow fantastic information NMR-Chemist! Thanks for making the effort, the sacrifice, and for sharing. Why did you choose to test it in deuterated water and not normal water?

It seems like all-around these lysergamides are more stable than many of us have feared, so long as you keep it away from UV, and chlorinated water will also be a no-no.

I'll be surprised if ALD-52 has any identifiable subjective difference in effects from LSD and 1P-LSD.

There are more stability concerns with the 6-substituted LADs like AL-LAD, or LSM, than with 1-P-LSD and ALD-52... it has already been reassured by some that these amide bonds that bind the propionyl and acetyl are relatively strong..

If nothing else, doing the test in D2O allows you to just perform it in an NMR vial, and NMR it at any point. You cannot use normal water in proton NMR since the water protons will resonate with your to be analyzed molecules and cause splitting of your signals which messes up proper measurement.

I think if the acetyl or propionyl had actually fallen off hydrolytically you would not even get LSD, but 1D-LSD (that wouldve been fancy). I dont think it would be more legal tho ;p

Thanks a lot for the experiments <3 !!

:) So to begin :) Wow, commerically available.

I've got 10 mg's from the same source as the blotters in the upper pictures.

med_gallery_10057_259_2690577.jpg

I bought Food Grade Ethanol 96 % and dissolved the powder into a LDPE bottle (i know glass is better, but i am really scared that i would somehow drop the bottle and the ALD-52 would be spilled all over the floor and leave me licking the tiles in utter anguish)

So, as the powder was sent in a regular seal baggie i managed to get some losses of about 20% that remained on the baggie. I estimated that i've put around 8 mg in to 2,5 ml of Ethanol. I had hard time dissolving it. It took me around 1-2 hours of shaking, only to still see lumps of powder on the bottom. I changed my tactic and put the bottle in warm water and then periodically shook it vigorously. That did the trick and by the 4th or 5th hour there was no more residue.

Powder was slightly yellowish white clumps that looks like this :D

med_gallery_10057_259_4085263.jpg

What i noticed, is that when carrying the bottle around i was feeling lighter and brighter than usual. :D

Anyhow, in vivo trials ended EXTREMELY successful! This thing is packed with light! :) I don't remember the last time i had laughed so much. My friend tried 2 drops that should equal anything from 100 - 200 ug. (I can't tell from the losses and i haven't weighted the powder when i received it). Myself on the other hand, cleared a drop that was dripping off the bottle and put the finger in my mouth just to see if it has any flavor. None was observed. I quickly ran to the toilet and washed my mouth with hot water, as i remembered i didn't have the time to trip all night since i have work in the morning.

Haha, :D yeah right.

Half an hour later both of us start to feel something. We both agree that it is less anxious and more friendly than acid. No anxiety and really really wonderful bright feeling. I would describe it as less "gloomy" than acid and so would my friend. I know gloomy may sound a harsh word, but it's somehow more lovely. Of course more trials will be required for a conclusive answer.

Sample has been sent to Energy Control for analysis. Expect full reagent testing to be published in the next 2 days. Also i've put the powder under UV light, but didn't see any fluorescence. I will do it again on the TLC plate and report back on the findings.

Next day i feel lovely and my brain has been re-set.

Also i think that the reason the blotters shown in upper post are yellow because the starting material is a bit yellow.

I think i found my new favorite ;)

<3

PS.

How to minimize losses when handling super delicate and precious powders under 50 mg?

Can anyone tell me what can i expect regarding stability in ethanol solution at around 8 degrees Celsius?

Last edited:
Also, both powders (or rather stones) were quite pure, although the ALD was rather yellowish. I guess this explains the drying stains on the blotters.

Is that the substance is poorly distributed on the blotter (hot spots) ?

Answers

Is that the substance is poorly distributed on the blotter (hot spots) ?
I guess so. If the drops are small enough to not cover the whole of the blotter, you'll always get those kind of "drying rings". I think this is actually quite common but usually not that easy to spot. Also, this is one of the reasons why I'm always a little bit wary of splitting blotters. :)

If nothing else, doing the test in D2O allows you to just perform it in an NMR vial, and NMR it at any point. You cannot use normal water in proton NMR since the water protons will resonate with your to be analyzed molecules and cause splitting of your signals which messes up proper measurement.

I think if the acetyl or propionyl had actually fallen off hydrolytically you would not even get LSD, but 1D-LSD (that wouldve been fancy). I dont think it would be more legal tho ;p

Thanks a lot for the experiments <3 !!
You're welcome. :) I was wondering about the stability myself, as the supposedly easy reverse conversion didn't really make sense to me, especially for the tartrate salts. Thank you for the explanation about why I used D2O. This is not even the main reason, though. The main reason you need deuterated solvents for NMR is simply to avoid an overwhelmingly strong solvent signal which would screw up your baseline.

:) How to minimize losses when handling super delicate and precious powders under 50 mg?

Can anyone tell me what can i expect regarding stability in ethanol solution at around 8 degrees Celsius?
Thanks for you trip report! Sounds good and it was fun to read. :)
To minimize losses I suggest first removing as much powder as you can and putting it into the vial where you are going to make the solution. Then preheat some ethanol (or whatever solvent you're going to use) as much as possible and wash the baggie several times with it (defined amounts from a syringe would be perfect). Put the collected solution into the vial with you powder. Dissolve it all, then measure the volume of the solution (again I recommend using a syringe). After putting the solution back into your vial wash the syringe again with a defined (premeasured) amount of the solvent and add it to the vial. Viola, youn got your defined solution with minimal losses.
As for the stability in EtOH at 8 °C, I guess it's OK if stored in a dark place. I you want to store it for a really long time (over a year or so), better put it in the freezer, to be save.

Thanks for the detailed info uncle_bud. :) One thing I wanted to mention, is that in the future you (or anyone) should really weigh out the initial sample and make sure to use a method that minimizes losses, when working with substances so potent. It seems unlikely that something so valuable would be sent in a larger amount than ordered but it certainly could happen and you want to have a very close idea of how much you're actually taking (especially for something so new where people would like to know accurate details). At least for lysergamides dosing significantly higher than expected isn't going to be physically dangerous, but for some things (like NBOMes) it can be.

Just got myself an early christmas present...

5 x ALD-52, 5 x AL-LAD, 5 x 1p-LSD blotters & a wee bit of 4-AcO-DMT. :)

Will report back!
Have some plain white LSD blotter to try first. :D

For the moment I can't write a completely honest TR... Personal reasons and just... I'm going to write a Erowid experience Retrospective when I get the chance because it didn't just involve this substance alone... These blotters though... (The label on that raw powder [good for you by the way] we do have the same vendor.).... If the yellow spots are indeed hotspots... Watch the fuck out. I started with 3, because I love the stuff, and have a pretty thick skull, but yeah... if a yellow spot means an uneven distribution of chemical... be careful. with them... really...

The experience was absolutely just.... Yeah... I can't give an honest report. I'll post a link if Erowid decides to publish my retrospective. It'd be unfair for me to call what I had happen an ALD-52 trip. I have another 5 i intend to take all at once when I'm completely sober for at least 2 weeks. That one I'll put on here. Sorry. <3

EDIT: what I can say is that I found this video - https://www.facebook.com/sashaShulgin/videos/902340899831877/

And it fucking had so many dimensions in it that I repeated it for at least 4 hours with different music backing and it changed and developed every single time...

Last edited:
I think I can contribute some valuable info here. First of all, both the ALD-52 (shouldn't we rather call it 1A-LSD?) and 1P-LSD from the blotter source are legit, I performed NMR analysis. Also, both powders (or rather stones) were quite pure, although the ALD was rather yellowish. I guess this explains the drying stains on the blotters. Since low stability was mused, I performed a stability study: I let the NMR tubes with the solutions of both 1P and ALD in D2O (deuterated water) and 1P in DMSO stand for about 3 weeks at room temperature in a shaded corner of the room. So the samples were exposed to some ambient lighting but no direct light and no or almost no UV. Both aqueous solutions gradually turned yellow, but the NMR were virtually indistinguishable after 3 weeks. Maybe 1-2% was degraded at most, and no LSD was formed during the process. This was confirmed by TLC. So there is no need to worry about the stability of the solid or blotters, if even the solution behaves this way.

As for my experience with the substances, I must admin I only found time to try 1P-LSD once (130-140 µg). The trip was beautiful but totally LSD-like. I couldn't spot any differences. Even the onset started as early as after 30-40 minutes and I was fully up at 1:15 h. I collected (non-psychoactive) mushrooms in the forest and enjoyed being close to nature. Had a very honest and introspective trip, amplified by being alone all the time. I cannot say that it caused less anxiety than LSD simply because acid doesn't usually cause any anxiety in me. The body load was miniscule, as it usually is with LSD (I get quite a lot of unpleasant physical effects on most 2C-X and even more so on NBOMe-s). I wish I had more time to try some ALD, too.

Took some digging and ended up having to go back to the trusty vendor to get an accurate dirty picture of the chemical structures - Tihkal is god knows where in this room, but yes, 1-acetyl-yadayada is definitely what we should be calling it... Hopefully the ALD-52 will throw off those who need to be thrown off for a little longer. Apparently the UK has already banned it... ... anyways... Thank you, I'm glad to know that the hydrolysis doesn't hit the fan as quick as the shit used to think, I may just invest in some of the raw material now! Thank you for making that effort! I too have yet to have an experience to compare to what happened with the 1A at 375 with 1P. The first I had of that was questionable sourced and started with what I thought to be 450ug - was What I'd looked for, but I spaced out so as to not risk it in case it'd been something dangerous. Turned out to be a solid mimic. Second "300" experiment was identical to 25g-nbome and severe vaso, quite painful, and still tasteless. With this vendor I intend to purchase a full 5 1p at 125 and compare them to the 5 1A at 125... I think they'll show what exact differences they possess at these levels, and I look forward to the experiences and sharing them once I can get to my 2 weeks for each. It'll be a while but I do hope to figure this out and let you all know. :)

Any new experience reports. Strange that this new analogue has not been making much of a ripple around here.

I'll make a report when I have time :)

Anyway, received 5 blotters again

021874523-aaa.jpg

I too have hotspots on them.

Is it possible that these yellow spots are not actuall "hotspots"? I imagine that when making the blotters, they were using well mixed solution, which evenly spread on the paper. The yellow part being impurities, which somehow stayed on top?

^ I think this would be more likely as well. I was just thinking about these yellow specks as probably not actually being hotspots but something else. I feel like these would be laid from a solution as well so the dot being the ALD-52 doesn't make a lot if sense of that's the case.

Could be that the red ink from the blotter print dissolved a bit when these were laid, and then left an uneven tint as it dried. Then again, looks like the crystal is yellow, so maybe it *is* hotspots. Someone should flash a blotter under UV briefly to see if the spots fluoresce.

I've put some small amount of powder under UV and i didn't get that blueish glow like with LSD or AL-LAD. However i've only put LSD and AL-LAD under UV on TLC plate, so i have to try with ALD-52 as well.

Any new experience reports. Strange that this new analogue has not been making much of a ripple around here.

I think it's got to do with the holidays right now. Slow shipping I'm waiting on a order other have said up to 3 weeks wait the postal service is slammed. If I get it by new years eve I'll be sure to post a reports on if there are ANY differences at all between 1p and ald-52. Its new its private and its the holidays. I'm sure everyone is sticking up for new years I know I am.

The supplier answered me this:

"As for the solubility, it's even poorer for ALD than it is for 1P. It is soluble in alcohol (ethanol), although methanol is better for it. However, it's hard to make a concentrated solution. To make the blotters we used a mixture of 80% methanol and 20% water, with 10 mg/mL of ALD-52 in the solution. However, we had to heat it and use the ultrasonic bath several times until it was fully dissolved. At this concentration it stay in solution at room temperature (no guarantee it will stay dissolved if you put the solution in the fridge). We only made the solution for quick use, so we didn't need to keep it cool."

Is it possible that these yellow spots are not actuall "hotspots"? I imagine that when making the blotters, they were using well mixed solution, which evenly spread on the paper. The yellow part being impurities, which somehow stayed on top?

"Those are not dots but rather yellow stripes or lines, which are caused by drying of the drops and a little oxidation of the material. It really doesn't matter and cannot be prevented, as ALD tends to be more yellow than 1P."

EDIT:

You don't get a bodyload from ald-52 ? I feel it has one...

With a friend, we found that bodyload is highly concentrated in the head !
Feeling toxic ... but less mindfuck as LSD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.