• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
This is a social thread for Sober Living. Abide by the Sober Living guidelines, and the BLUA.

Hey what's up. Keep up the good work CH! Being clean may not be easy but it is worth every moment.

I'll leave you with a quote that I find very Motivational.

"There's no Longevity, Living off of Negativity"

Hey what's up. Keep up the good work CH! Being clean may not be easy but it is worth every moment.

I'll leave you with a quote that I find very Motivational.

"There's no Longevity, Living off of Negativity"

Love the quote! Unfortunately, my evening is turning into a rather negative one. Boo.

I found out today that the two vintage grateful dead day of concert shirts I have are worth somewhere between 60 and 100 dollars. Shocked the hell out of me as I was going to sell them to a friend for like 25 dollars.

Hi! You did indeed write me back. Thanks so much for that. It made my day! For the first time in my adult life, I have roommates....aaaaand, one of them is this dude who drives me nuts. Maybe I'm just not in a great mood, but this dude is bringing me down.

Hi! You did indeed write me back. Thanks so much for that. It made my day! For the first time in my adult life, I have roommates....aaaaand, one of them is this dude who drives me nuts. Maybe I'm just not in a great mood, but this dude is bringing me down.

Living with roommates can be really hard.

What's he doing?

I agree with crimson; living with roommates can be really hard. At one point I was living alongside 3 other adults and we were all sharing 1 very small bathroom :|

Yes. Yes, it is. Especially, if you're not used to having them. This one dude stands at the sink and washes his hands for HOURS.

We also have one bathroom. It's a 3 bedroom house and there are four of us total. Sometimes, it's chaotic, but fun. Other times, it's just crowded. It's a weird situation. To me at least. I've never lived with anyone other than my longtime boyfriend (ex).

CH, I tried to pm you, but I have to wait two hours. Bummer. I never sleep though, so I'll get around to it eventually!

I was under the impression Greenlighters are always allowed to PM staff? Maybe this has changed since the few years ago when I was previously on staff.

Feel free to answer the question here if you'd like! Or you can wait out the time, in case you just want me to read it. :) <3

We also have one bathroom. It's a 3 bedroom house and there are four of us total. Sometimes, it's chaotic, but fun. Other times, it's just crowded. It's a weird situation. To me at least. I've never lived with anyone other than my longtime boyfriend (ex).

Gotcha. Do you have your own room? That can make all the difference in the world sometimes.

I just replied and most have accidentally deleted it instead of posting. Hmmm. Let me try this again!

If it's ok, I think I will wait out the time and pm you back. I'm still getting used to talking openly about addiction. Especially, MY addiction.

In response to your other query, I do have my own room. And thank goodness I do. People seem to get put off if I spend too much time in there though. I find myself in a forced social setting. I look forward to the night time even though I have a REALLY hard time sleeping. I require absolute darkness and loads of white noise. It's seldom quiet. Someone is always milling about. Plus, there's the handwasher. The kitchen is right outside my door and I swear he stands there for hours.

I just replied and most have accidentally deleted it instead of posting. Hmmm. Let me try this again!

If it's ok, I think I will wait out the time and pm you back. I'm still getting used to talking openly about addiction. Especially, MY addiction.

In response to your other query, I do have my own room. And thank goodness I do. People seem to get put off if I spend too much time in there though. I find myself in a forced social setting. I look forward to the night time even though I have a REALLY hard time sleeping. I require absolute darkness and loads of white noise. It's seldom quiet. Someone is always milling about. Plus, there's the handwasher. The kitchen is right outside my door and I swear he stands there for hours.
I am really into noise music, so I can appreciate falling asleep to a noise wall. :D

Let me know if you want to hear one of my tracks! :)

I usually have a hard time sleeping too, but exercise helps so much.

I am really into noise music, so I can appreciate falling asleep to a noise wall. :D

Let me know if you want to hear one of my tracks! :)

I usually have a hard time sleeping too, but exercise helps so much.

Of course I would want to hear it! When you say, your song, did you write it?
For some reason, exercise does not help. And, I think I've literally tried EVERYTHING to help with sleep. Even rubbing coconut oil (not suntan lotion. Like, actual coconut oil) on myself because of something I read. It didn't help.

Of course I would want to hear it! When you say, your song, did you write it?
For some reason, exercise does not help. And, I think I've literally tried EVERYTHING to help with sleep. Even rubbing coconut oil (not suntan lotion. Like, actual coconut oil) on myself because of something I read. It didn't help.

I improvised most of my music. I don't really "write" songs, I either compose a classical piece for contrast to the noise, or I improvise it. It's not really able to be written on sheet music for many reasons.

I'll send you a few links in a message later. :)

I found out today that the two vintage grateful dead day of concert shirts I have are worth somewhere between 60 and 100 dollars. Shocked the hell out of me as I was going to sell them to a friend for like 25 dollars.
Deadheads would likely swap their grandma for most memorabilia. Ebay them.