• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

This is fucking bullshit. This will be my last post on thos site. I fucking had my thread closed and i dont see the fucking reason. This whole category is supised to be Sober Living so i wanted to post the promises of AA. Most peoke in recovery know them but my purpose of the thresd was to get it out to people who never have heard them or are new. Those romises have kept me in recovery and are wonderful things that come true. Al i git was negativity. I am new to this site so mabye i should have just isted them here or whatever but when i cruise thru al the threads on this site i see the most ridiculous threads that are still going and some have peole showing pics of their bags. Even in sober living i se silly threads and i start a thread with the promises and its closed? Something is def fucked with this "harm reduction" site. I have made some friends on here so i will keep my acct but i wont post shit in Sober Living anymore. Like i said, if i should have just pisted it here and not created a thread, my fault. It didnt even occur to me and with some of the dumb ass shit o see here i didnt see the harm of starting a thread and spark didcussion on peoes experiences if any with these powerful promises. Instead i got bullshit so i see how it is. My feelings aint hurt and im not as upset as i probably sound but like the other night i went theu every thread in several categories and the threads ive seen on here are so just absolutley stupid and some are downright harmful and my beautiful thread is closed. Whatever man. Ill stick to other things and message al my friends cause this site is garbage. Oh yeah, toothpastedog, you dont mean to be a dick you wrote. Well, you are a dick and now i gotta do a 4th step on some jacksss on a drug forum cause you asked whats the point of the thread, well it was to help people. I meant no harm and somebody a day or two sober coulda saw Promises and clicked on it and read them and maybe went to a meeting. You never know but now well never know. I guess i gotta smoke crack with hookers. Im sure that thread will last. I may be sober and a lot more peaceful than i used to be but i still have a temper. I logged on and was excited to see if anyone hit my thread and saw after a dicussion with another member that was healthy ol toothpastedog not wanting to be a dick but whats the point of this thread then its closed. Great job guys. Ive seen you pop up in other threads and you never say anything worth a shit anyway so fuck you son and fuck this site.

Wah wah wah

Yes, im back already. Youre right RDP89, i was babbling and sounded like a baby. The fact is im still a sensitive alcoholic in recovery. My intentions were good i just put it in the wrong place, thats my fault not you guys. I spoke with my sponser and since im on my 10th step its a perfect situation. "Continued to take personal imventory and when we were wrone we promptly admitted it." I was wrong in many ways with my post with its crudeness and insults. Im not gonna drink over a forum but i really did get upset so im doing my part. I have had some livley, interesting convos on this site and have made friends so i will continue to occasionally log on. Toothpastedog and the redt, i am very sorry. My behavior is not becoming of an AA member. I respect you all and next time ill put it in the right place. Just needed to pist this. Good luck to you all!

I have not read your Promises thread, Closeau, but I do want to offer my support to you in that with recently losing your mother -well of course you are more sensitive right now!
If the Promises have brought you comfort during this time of such deep loss and grief, I can understand why you wanted to share but did not know the details of the posting guidelines. Please think about sticking around, as you are so one of us... one who has genuine physical pain issues, and now have emotional suffering as well. I will pray for those that have hurt your feelings that they may become enlightened.

I was babbling and sounded like a baby. The fact is im still a sensitive alcoholic in recovery. My intentions were good i just put it in the wrong place, thats my fault not you guys.

I think that it is important to realize people who are in a transitional period are more likely to behave in this fashion and no one is immune. There are a lot of stresses associated with addiction, as well as drug use in general, so I never fault people or hold them to what they say in an emotional state while they are recovering. We all do it and none of us are immune. Maybe you have more road rage while recovering or you feel like you cant suffer fools needlessly like you have in the past and you want to make it known but my point is i think we all do this while we recover.

It is as important for the community to forgive as it is for the individual to forgive themselves :)

Thank both of you. As the day has progressed even though i did my part, i feel incresingly foolish about my post. More embarresed than anything. It will pass. My dad is in town visiting for xmas and he and my sister went to get wine. It doesnt bother me but when m in a vunerable place it kinda does. Im going with my spinser to a meeting at 8 and would go to 6:30 if i had a car so in straight. Usually im asked if its ok if we drink in front of you but they didnt ask so i messed with them. My cravings dont entail booze but another substance and if you check my postings youll know what i mean. Its been 2 weeks since my moms passing and i still really cant check my emotions. The program and prayer are helping and if im in real trouble i talk to my mom. I have felt her prensence here since this was her house where im living. My sister and i got into it the other night and i nipped it in the bud and we made up very quickly. So, its certainly day by day and minute by minute. Im so grateful to be an alcoholic. I used to hear people say that and im like, what are you crazy? But i understand now. I have a wonderful spiritual program i can practice and meetings i can go too. Since my moms death ive had many friends in AA call or text and check on me and not one single person in my family becides my dad has contacted me. AA is my family and thats why i said my post was not becoming of an AA member. Love and tolerance is our code the book says. Easy to read but hatd to do. I will brush up on the forum guidlines and will do things right. Thank you both for the support. Means a lot. Im gonna hang out with my dad and sister and go to my meeting and i got my pain Dr in the morning. Love and peace?

closeau, from reading all your posts and seeing how you're processing all of this is truly amazing. You are, well, fuck man. You're real. You have feelings - and they are you're feelings alone. Seeing how you're handling this is truly inspiring for me.

I appriciate your apology, though I also want you to know I never felt that you spited me or anything. Just want you to know it's all good.

Keep up the great work closeau! You really are an inspiration for many people here. A role model in a way even :) Just keep up the good work. You're fucking awesome!

Thank you toothpastedog. You are now officially my homie!! You speak like a true friend and i appreciate your kind words. You are fucking awesome!!!

Thank you toothpastedog. You are now officially my homie!! You speak like a true friend and i appreciate your kind words. You are fucking awesome!!!

I have the entire day off tomorrow, and I'm going to be writing up that meditation retreat. I recorded one of my favorite teacher's more general dharmas, and I want to integrate that next to my more general descriptions and advice. I'll PM you it to see what you think. It's awesome to know I have a vipassana buddy here - like you said I never would have imagine I'd meet someone like you on BL, although in retrospect it kind makes sense given the nature of the harm reduction philosophy... anyways, cool shit dude ;)

Today... I'm watching CBGB, and I'm not sure what I think. A number of actors I like, but I'm not sure I'm feeling it. But I also kinda like it. Iono, it's like an annoying but really really attractive and horny girlfriend - a love hate thing maybe? Whatever, it's just a movie, and I think I'll have to finish it later when I give a shit %)