• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

I'm mostly just doing lifting/weight training, about 2x per week. :)

Ahh nice one man! :) ive done everyday since Monday - overkill I think rest tomorrow.

On another note. Has anyone here ever set up a home cinema with a projector type of thing? I've found since I've been behaving lately I'm downloading and watching a lot of movies. Wouldn't mind setting something up projector and canvas in my room has anyone tried this or recommend any brands. Sorry if this is a bit random lol.

Ahh nice one man! :) ive done everyday since Monday - overkill I think rest tomorrow.

On another note. Has anyone here ever set up a home cinema with a projector type of thing? I've found since I've been behaving lately I'm downloading and watching a lot of movies. Wouldn't mind setting something up projector and canvas in my room has anyone tried this or recommend any brands. Sorry if this is a bit random lol.

I love my 21;9 ratio monitor

Curved screen sounds sexy

"Just for today" . I've been saying that shit all day. I will be clean, just for today.

believe it or not you have most likely already made great progress. i remember for me it was literally "just for the next 10 minutes" then "just for the next hour"

keep it up

getting off heroin again.. day 1. its only 9:00am - and my body already knows that i want to stop.
getting chills like mad, can feel the grittyness coming out of my paws.. tonight i wont sleep :( but i need to start somewhere i guess.
the hard part is hiding it from my family.
they think ive been clean for about 3 or 4 weeks but i just came off huge bender :(

I love my 21;9 ratio monitor

Curved screen sounds sexy

You got a good set up man? Since I quit going on drug fuelled benders I've been watching a lot more movies. So I've decided creating some sort of set up to watch movies on a big screen is imperative. At the moment I'm just putting it on my TV with an HDMI cable.

getting off heroin again.. day 1. its only 9:00am - and my body already knows that i want to stop.
getting chills like mad, can feel the grittyness coming out of my paws.. tonight i wont sleep :( but i need to start somewhere i guess.
the hard part is hiding it from my family.
they think ive been clean for about 3 or 4 weeks but i just came off huge bender :(

you can do it trip!

have you started thinking about the reasons why you were using, and what you can do to make a better life for yourself in your recovery? <3

You got a good set up man? Since I quit going on drug fuelled benders I've been watching a lot more movies. So I've decided creating some sort of set up to watch movies on a big screen is imperative. At the moment I'm just putting it on my TV with an HDMI cable.

I got a brand new set up, and it's so amazing. :D

I recommend watching the Star Trek movie series with the 21:9 ratio wide screen if you have one; it's just so awesome.

Then again I'm a huge Trek fan, especially Voyager.

Got results back for a uds.

Totally clean.

No opiates. No benzos. No stims. No weed. Nothing.

Fucking cheering.

omg...you know that shit most people say about weed only being in your system for 30 days? yeah complete bullshit. i was in jail for 35 days and then released to a rehab for drug court and had screens twice a week...it took FIFTY TWO DAYS to get that shit out of my system. 52 DAYS...wtf

edit: also today marks 13 months sober...clean from all mind and mood altering chemicals

omg...you know that shit most people say about weed only being in your system for 30 days? yeah complete bullshit. i was in jail for 35 days and then released to a rehab for drug court and had screens twice a week...it took FIFTY TWO DAYS to get that shit out of my system. 52 DAYS...wtf

edit: also today marks 13 months sober...clean from all mind and mood altering chemicals

Cannabinoids are lipophilic and hence it has to deal with how long it takes to burn up available fat storages on the body. This can range from a short to incredibly long time depending on many factors (body fat %age, metabolism, physical activity, etc)

Cannabinoids are lipophilic and hence it has to deal with how long it takes to burn up available fat storages on the body. This can range from a short to incredibly long time depending on many factors (body fat %age, metabolism, physical activity, etc)
Yep. When I weighed 110 pounds and looked like death I could pass a drug test in 3 days for pot even after smoking everyday for months. Now that I am up to 160 pounds it takes a week to clear one time use and no telling how long if I was an everyday all day smoker again. It's one of those twisted ironies of life that one of the most harmless rec drugs is the easiest to fail a drug test for.

So a really fat woman walks into a bar with a duck on her head.
she proclaims to all that will listen "I will go home and fuck any dude that can guess what this duck weighs!!!"
an old guy in the back yells out "250lbs"
The woman says "Close enough!"

just a little joke for trip to try to make him smile...as well as everyone else.

Be good and live folks..

^^same. Have had 2 bad days w cravings. Overwhelming. I wanted to make a call so badly. I didn't cave-but I really hate it. Hoping today is better. I was brought to my knees....hoping everyone is well.

This is fucking bullshit. This will be my last post on thos site. I fucking had my thread closed and i dont see the fucking reason. This whole category is supised to be Sober Living so i wanted to post the promises of AA. Most peoke in recovery know them but my purpose of the thresd was to get it out to people who never have heard them or are new. Those romises have kept me in recovery and are wonderful things that come true. Al i git was negativity. I am new to this site so mabye i should have just isted them here or whatever but when i cruise thru al the threads on this site i see the most ridiculous threads that are still going and some have peole showing pics of their bags. Even in sober living i se silly threads and i start a thread with the promises and its closed? Something is def fucked with this "harm reduction" site. I have made some friends on here so i will keep my acct but i wont post shit in Sober Living anymore. Like i said, if i should have just pisted it here and not created a thread, my fault. It didnt even occur to me and with some of the dumb ass shit o see here i didnt see the harm of starting a thread and spark didcussion on peoes experiences if any with these powerful promises. Instead i got bullshit so i see how it is. My feelings aint hurt and im not as upset as i probably sound but like the other night i went theu every thread in several categories and the threads ive seen on here are so just absolutley stupid and some are downright harmful and my beautiful thread is closed. Whatever man. Ill stick to other things and message al my friends cause this site is garbage. Oh yeah, toothpastedog, you dont mean to be a dick you wrote. Well, you are a dick and now i gotta do a 4th step on some jacksss on a drug forum cause you asked whats the point of the thread, well it was to help people. I meant no harm and somebody a day or two sober coulda saw Promises and clicked on it and read them and maybe went to a meeting. You never know but now well never know. I guess i gotta smoke crack with hookers. Im sure that thread will last. I may be sober and a lot more peaceful than i used to be but i still have a temper. I logged on and was excited to see if anyone hit my thread and saw after a dicussion with another member that was healthy ol toothpastedog not wanting to be a dick but whats the point of this thread then its closed. Great job guys. Ive seen you pop up in other threads and you never say anything worth a shit anyway so fuck you son and fuck this site.