• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

ugh, i have such mixed feelings about coming back to bluelight. such a constant in my using life but i still come back when sober. i have made a commitment to myself that i wont participate in any using threads and will remain in DITM, Sober Living, and SLR. I am going to try to help people in a constructive manner as oppose to a destructive manner.

ugh, i have such mixed feelings about coming back to bluelight. such a constant in my using life but i still come back when sober. i have made a commitment to myself that i wont participate in any using threads and will remain in DITM, Sober Living, and SLR. I am going to try to help people in a constructive manner as oppose to a destructive manner.

We are glad to have you here in SL. Congrats on the continued sobriety!

Feel fucking rough as guts today. Dry retching is always fun first thing in the morning. Sneezes come in lots of 3 or 4. But at least I have my life.

I'm so sore from working out at the gym yesterday :|

Hope your evening is a pleasant one kate :)

I'm so sore from working out at the gym yesterday :|Hope your evening is a pleasant one kate :)
I hate working out....hate it! I force myself to run and light weight lifting, but I dread it every time. Hopefully, you have something fun planned!

Hey CH, I forgot to mention yay and congratulations on your almost one year sober! Very inspiring! Are you going to celebrate in any way?

Hey CH, I forgot to mention yay and congratulations on your almost one year sober! Very inspiring! Are you going to celebrate in any way?

I'll probably cry myself to sleep ;)

I don't know, I haven't really thought about it. I might take some time and just work on writing...but I don't have any destinations planned. I've gotten to do a lot of cool things already this month so I'm not sweating it. :)

I don't know, I haven't really thought about it. I might take some time and just work on writing...but I don't have any destinations planned. I've gotten to do a lot of cool things already this month so I'm not sweating it. :)

Awww, no crying! You should do something nice for yourself. Even if it's something small. Then continue the tradition every year.
Have fun grocery shopping!

On a random note, when I walked inside my house 'Midnight Train To Georgia' ..... was playing like, REALLY loudly. No one was home.

I spent mine at my uncle's funeral, he drank himself to death. I didn't get along with him and he did some fucked up shit and was really cruel to my Cousin when he came out, but I still realized that he never really was himself. He was always acting out on his disease.

Really really put shit into perspective. My family was also so proud of me.

I keep my anniversaries really low key.

Last edited:
I'm so sore from working out at the gym yesterday :|

Hope your evening is a pleasant one kate :)

Same man. First serious back workout in a while. 3 weeks clean of cocaine addiction and all the associated lifestyle problems that go with it. Back at the gym. Only beer and weed for the past 2 weeks and I intend keeping it that way!

Hope everyone is well %)

I spent mine at my uncle's funeral, he drank himself to death. I didn't get along with him and he did some fucked up shit and was really cruel to my Cousin when he came out, but I still realized that he never really was himself. He was always acting out on his disease.

Really really put shit into perspective. My family was also so proud of me.

I keep my anniversaries really low key.

I always look up to you man. It's hard to not take something personally, especially when it's a loved one suffering from addiction. I think you're a really wise person and hope to be as enlightened one day.

Same man. First serious back workout in a while. 3 weeks clean of cocaine addiction and all the associated lifestyle problems that go with it. Back at the gym. Only beer and weed for the past 2 weeks and I intend keeping it that way!

Hope everyone is well %)

My day is going smooth so far. Just a little hungry.

I took a big step and moved out of the house I was living in and into a sober living facility. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry a little when I had a moment alone. It was just too easy to use at my former residence. Everyone but one person was using daily. Everyone keeps saying, "this is the first day of the rest of your lufe"....I know people mean well, but I really don't want to hear it. I'm required to attend two NA meetings a day. I'm so overwhelmed.

I took a big step and moved out of the house I was living in and into a sober living facility. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry a little when I had a moment alone. It was just too easy to use at my former residence. Everyone but one person was using daily. Everyone keeps saying, "this is the first day of the rest of your lufe"....I know people mean well, but I really don't want to hear it. I'm required to attend two NA meetings a day. I'm so overwhelmed.
That's an amazing step!!

Thanks. I went to a meeting tonight too. It's a requirement of living here. My roommate is an alcoholic and has been in and out of the program for 22 years. That kind of scares me. I don't want to look back in 22 years and still be working through the steps.