• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

I consider myself an extreme lightweight when it comes to 4-substituted tryptamines, and I still consider 25 mg a reasonable starting dose. I find drugs like 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MPT more anxiogenic at lower doses, whereas at higher doses it is easier to dissociate from the fear. By contrast, drugs like 4-HO-MiPT and LSD are equally easy for me to handle at any dosage.

I consider myself an extreme lightweight when it comes to 4-substituted tryptamines, and I still consider 25 mg a reasonable starting dose. I find drugs like 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MPT more anxiogenic at lower doses, whereas at higher doses it is easier to dissociate from the fear. By contrast, drugs like 4-HO-MiPT and LSD are equally easy for me to handle at any dosage.

Interesting, that makes sense though, I'll 25mg next time. the most I've taken of 4-ho-met was 20mg, had a huge wonky comeup, pretty strong visuals but overall very short trip that didn't feel worth the anxious come up I had to go through for only 2-3 hours of good tripping.

LSD even in high doses gives me no anxiety whatsoever unless I'm in a situation that would produce such a reaction.

^Holy shit man, 25mg? I only needed 15 to get very uncomfortable, and at the time I was into dosing three tabs of LSD or an eighth of mushies at a time. Dip your toe in low the first time. 4-ho-met was the closest I've come to entity contact. Creepy contact...

I'd have to agree with you here regarding entity contact and overall a creepy vibe. I'm probably fairly average when it comes to sensitivity of metocin, I have to take around 25mg to get a +++. The visuals I get from metocin are mainly open eye, very obvious 'bending' off objects that your eye isn't focusing on. However, I consider clear CEV's a less common thing for me on metocin and I can't put my finger on it but there's usually a sudden shift in my OEV's that give me the hint I'm having closed eye visuals at that moment. The most obvious CEV's I can remember was a metallic like tribal faces (similar to the UrSkeks from the Dark Crystal!) made of shiny metals like gold, bronze, silver surrounded by rainbow twirls and tunnels worming its way around. I find metocin to really project a sense of metallic rainbow shine around objects.

Metocin alone can create the most stunning colours and crazy warps, but I find cannabis potentiates it the most by far out of any psych I've tried... It suddenly projects you into a tunnel, in which your eyes can see through either end of the binoculars zooming in loads and also out having little control of it. I have 2 mushroom posters in my room and whilst sat on my floor staring at the visuals on my projects, these mushrooms turned into dancing men with mushroom heads, if I tried to look at them they'd disappear but they were there for around an hour I was peaking that night, I'll never forget that, funnily enough I've tripped there a couple times since and they've never returned ;(

The closest encounter to entity contact I had was on metocin, I would still only describe it as a deep +++ but as I was cycling through fairly present CEV's it was as if they all suddenly vanished into a dark background and suddenly bigfoot was infront of me. He was stood in the classic pose you see in pictures but was looking at me as if I was camera. We each had enough time to notice each other, as if he was saying 'what is this guy doing here in my world? he can't see too much...' And then ran off, I didn't see him 'run', but his image was taken from my view bolting right. This probably was only a 1-2 second moment but felt much longer imo.

Regarding the creepy vibe, I've found that mainly in OEVs. times when I have looked deeply into objects like candles flames I've felt like I've seen ghostly like presences and they 'catch me out' whilst I'm inspecting whatever. I haven't been scared by these things but you could describe it as creepy.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of metocin. I find it can be mixed very well into other psychs to tailor the trip. 25mg + 0.5g liberty caps, surprisingly changed the trip a lot, becoming much more meaningful, emotional and a mushroom influence on the visuals. 20mg + 60ug LSD, was just crazy visually speaking, patterns overlaying immensely and becoming extremely colourful with that LSD aura around objects + very racing bright CEV's.

As an update, i've become quite a fan of smoking 4-ho-met freebase (the salt can be crudely smoked but id recommend against it, particularly with regard to the fumarate). On foil, mix equal parts 4-ho-met and baking soda (make sure its fresh baking soda), a drop of water and heat. You will see a greyish freebase forming (along with white sodium bicarbonate residue). Heat lightly to evaporate the water, then reapply heat when ready to smoke. If you dont see the freebase, thats fine, its in there somewhere.

Differences when vaporized:

1. Duration is shortened to about an hour of primary effects, but the afterglow lasts for a while. This means you can take it essentially whenever without planning your day around. On reddit, I read a report of a guy who was smoking 15mg daily as a marijuana alternative. I do not recommend this, but I can see how this could be possible. Interestingly, smoking it is moreish, but not uncontrollably so.

2. Very short come-up (10 minutes) with very substantially reduced anxiety. My girlfriend does not have anxiety with this ROA but can have unpredictable reactions to other ROA's. The scary bits are really minimized.

3. Larger doses are more tolerable given the very short comeup. Its hard to compute, but I'd say its about equipotent to nasal admin. That said, its way easier to smoke 25mg than take 25mg nasally, since the come-up is less anxiogenic and the duration is shorter.

4. It is less visual, but more visionary. I feel contemplative with this route. I also find it more euphoric, and more lighthearted.

Freebased 4-ho-met is by leaps and bounds my favorite route.

Sounds a lot like freebased MET the way you describe it. Have you ever tried that? Thanks for sharing your tek - might try it sometime. I enjoy a lot 4-xxx-MET, but haven't taken it in years because it's so superficial

I took 30mg of 4-HO-MET about a week ago, and it was like nothing else I've ever experienced before.

To be honest I can't be 100% sure that I didn't fudge weighing the dose because I took it during an unholy binge including multiple substances, which I seriously regret right now but primarily blame on Xanax, a drug I know I should just never do because it makes me do really stupid things... during the night I also managed to do a gram of 4-MMC, which I completely forgot about until yesterday when I had an oh fuck moment and realised why most of this week I've felt an absolute emotional wreck and borderline suicidal... because of that I really don't think I could appreciate the trip for what it was, and honestly I just feel like I wasted a really beautiful substance and probably a handful of brain cells for a completely forgettable evening...

But anyway the effect which most stands out in my memory which I have never really experienced before on any psychedelic was the sensation of time repeating itself, like I suddenly segued back into a sequence of time that I had already experienced... I know this is a common effect on many psychedelics but it's not one I've personally ever really experienced and it was really fascinating. Besides that, I had the experience of being completely unable to recognise my friend's face, even as a human face, although I knew who it was as he was the only other person in the room with me. Also, full blown hallucinations, ghostly shapes drifting in the air, so much so that it was hard to even see or walk around...

Honestly if I hadn't been on so many other drugs at the time it would probably have been a lot more overwhelming than it was. As it was, the cocktail of either stupefying or reliably euphoriant chemicals pretty much completely masked anything memorable beyond the insane visuals and that brief time loop effect... but still.

It's weird because I took 10mg before and was able to walk around outside, appreciate the psychedelic headspace but didn't find it overwhelming or unmanageable at all... and again it is possible I fudged the dose but I am usually very careful and I remember clearly (as clearly as possible anyway) making sure to weigh 3 times, transferring the powder into different containers, resetting the scale each time... but I dunno, my judgement was impaired and it was a bad, bad decision to take any psychedelic in retrospect... will have to revisit this substance once I'm in a better place mentally.

I have not tried MET, though from what I know about it, freebased 4-ho-met sounds somewhat similar.

As far as my 'tek' is concerned, sodium carbonate is probably preferable to sodium bicarbonate if you have it. If you don't, it can be easily obtained by heating sodium bicarbonate in a pan on the stove, stirring frequently, until the powder stops "bubbling".

4-ho-met may seem superficial when compared to 4-aco-dmt, but it's an unfair comparison. I find 4-ho-met is about being reminded of simple truths that we've forgotten, as opposed to the deeper revelations that can occur with other compounds.

It's weird because I took 10mg before and was able to walk around outside, appreciate the psychedelic headspace but didn't find it overwhelming or unmanageable at all... and again it is possible I fudged the dose but I am usually very careful and I remember clearly (as clearly as possible anyway) making sure to weigh 3 times, transferring the powder into different containers, resetting the scale each time... but I dunno, my judgement was impaired and it was a bad, bad decision to take any psychedelic in retrospect... will have to revisit this substance once I'm in a better place mentally.

Well, to be fair, 30mg is three times your 10mg dose, so the effects are going to be drastically different.

^ Haha yeah, pretty obvious I guess when you put it like that. =D I guess I was just caught off guard by the magnitude of the increased effects. I have done I believe up to 25mg psilacetin before and this was way beyond that in many ways, although, I will note, of a markedly different character, and probably less intense in other ways... again though I probably can't make any real objective assessment here because of all the other drugs I was on. Thinking about it now it's probably a good thing I did take metocin and not psilacetin because I expect the latter would have been far less forgiving.

I have taken 4 HO MET about 3 times in the 30-40mg range with little to no tolerance but it was never too intense for me. Come up was always a little uncomfortable though.
But I don't care for it that much, don't specifically like the visuals, and after the peak it's especially seems to lack depth.
It's fun but all my trips are, wish I'd gone for 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-mipt when I bought it :)

I also prefer 4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-DMT. Welcome, love the name. :)

I usually snort around 20-30mg (yeah, eyeballed) and that's just right. Starts working in a few minutes and reaches the peak quite fast. No nausea/bodyload. Lots of pretty visuals, nice head space but not debilitating.

Idk about oral...

I took 20 mg of this on the weekend and barely felt anything. In fact until I just read all these rave reviews I was thinking of giving the rest away.

Any tolerance issues? Possibly a weak batch that you have but also I think 30 mg is generally my preferred amount. Everyones body is different.
I took 20 mg of this on the weekend and barely felt anything. In fact until I just read all these rave reviews I was thinking of giving the rest away.

I shouldn't have any tolerance, its in pill form which i thought would be great but now i kind of wish i had the ability to make like 32 mg doses or something, but i can only split them and ncrease doses by 10 mg.

Viral you could always dissolve a give number of pills in to a solution and dose volumetrically.

It should keep for a while in solution if you keep it in the fridge/use vodka as the solvent.

An idea could be to use a milligram scale to weigh the pill and divide the weight based on what you wanna take. For example if the whole pill is 100mg with 10mg MET then 25mg of the pill would be 2.5mg. Hope that makes sense like it does in my head.

Last edited:
So my usual source was out of 4 aco dmt and I decided to buy 2 grams of 4 HO MET to try. Everyone says there is lessential mind fuck. But that's one of my favourite parts of tripping. I'm sure it should be possible to attain an ego death like experience or a death loop crisis if one pushed the dosage? I'm looking for like a heavy experience. Can this provide it? I'm assuming it will if I take enough like most tryptamines I've encountered

I have heard of a few reports of ego death style experiences. However, it seems that 4-HO-MET isn't the best substance for that sort of thing. Still, I would guess it's possible with a high enough dosage.