• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Ditto... ^^

Although i have one more to compare it with. That would be 4-aco-dmt. I do feel it may be an awesome experience. Planing on it soon.. It's just, all the Lysergic goodies started coming out...

I guess it does lack a bit of analytical thought compared to Psilocin/Psilacetin or LSD but I'm always on this huge cosmic exploration on it. Sometimes my personal stuff distracts me from that, which can be healing for sure, but at other times being an astronaut is what I really want, so I like what 4-HO-MET provides. A different depth, but still valuable to me. Definitely feels like a tryptamine. From my experience there is more to it than 2C-B/I/C, AL-LAD or the NBOMes, slightly less than DOC, but as stated meaningfully less than Psilocin, DMT, LSD, etc)

On the other hand, I can take a truckload of this at a rave and feel as relaxed as if I was on a benzo, so there might be something to what you guys are saying.

I would get next to nothing out of any of the sub 4 trypts at a rave

Matter of fact I've been to 3 concerts on good doses of this (36-50mg) and because of all the distractions and usually having alcohol in my system I really don't get a very strong trip
Nothing like being at home or camping by a fire....

I love dancing on 4-HO-MET myself, I hear things in the music I wouldn't otherwise. But yeah, not much in the way of a trip.

I enjoy the tryptamines anytime there's music involved, in particular 4-HO-MiPT. I've had some beautiful experiences at shows. It can be hit or miss for dancing, mostly whether I feel comfortable or awkward around a lot of people. Night concerts are the best for tryptamines. I prefer dissociatives for dancing in general, especially 3-MeO-PCP.

But the 4subs are funny. It seems a different experience everytime. Except on 4AcO Dmt, I always get the feeling something is watching me. a presence. And it fucks with me harshly sometimes. And it's weird how I take 4-aco-dmt and I laughing and social. And then another time i feel there is poltriguist outside my damn window.

4-homet is cool in that I'm not being watched and I can enjoy nature. But yeah there was a lack of depth.

One thing I love about any psychedelics is doing or being on them in nature. During the day. Everything is so perfect. I have to close my eyes and rub them
because the scenery is so surreal

Last edited:
Is this very hedonistic and/or stimulating? Thinking of taking 15mg (maybe a bit more) at a psy trance festival but I don't fancy anything which is going to make dancing feel awkward, or get too deep or anything like that.

**Edit: sorry, I should have read the last few posts which were talking about exactly that. The awkwardness is best avoided by flipping with an empathogen or an empathogenic psychedelic. I'm talking 5-meo-dalt, 2c-b, 2c-i or MDMA, from experience.

Doing so is absolutely my favourite thing ever. Slave to the rave. Pure druggy hedonistic bliss. You can pick a groove, and just tune in. It's absolute pure tribalism. Sorry for spamming, but check my trip report tonight/tomorrow from the rave I went to at the weekend. It was bliss. Literally my favourite thing ever; flipping psychedelics to tribal electronic music. Want in the tribe? This is the path.

Last edited:
no tranced, I wouldn't say that's hedonistic at all. 4-HO is, IME, a very relaxed and easygoing psychedelic. although I do find it a bit too subtle if there's a lot going on in my environment, I'm sure it'd be nice and fun at a show.

i was at the Armand hammer museum in LA today on 4-HO-MET, and the way it enhanced the work of the jazz musicians whose work was being displayed took me by surprise. looking at the colorful intricacies on paper in there was like looking at the work of God. I love 4-HO

I have recently received some 4-ho-met from a well known, more or less exclusive vendor.
I had a first allergy test with around 3mg which went fine and brought some very slight psychedelia. My next test was with around 18-20mg and went fine too.
At my last trial I downed a total of 40 milligrams in about 2 hours and after a while I noticed slight stitches in my shoulder. They reminded me of electro shocks. Some of them spread down my left arm and my hand went cold. I then became a little afraid and stood up and walked around my crib. My head started to feel pressed together and I also noticed pressure on my ears. I almost felt like loosing consciousness but my mind still was somewhat clear. My auditive perception got blurred and I hat tinnitus. I then popped 1mg of clonazepam and told my girlfriend she should call er.
When they arrived I had already calmed down a little. My girlfriend, who consumed 30mg and then 2mg of clonazepam noticed the same symptoms in her arm, but didnt get tinnitus or a numb head.
They checked our bloodpressure and stuff and said everything was alright and that I have had a "bloodpressure-peak" which hat worn off at that moment. We both followed them to the hospital were we sat down in the waiting room for about 20 minutes enjoyed the clonazepams calmnes and residual visuals before we left home. I did not feel any bad the days after.
We did not combine any drugs besides some tobbacco and cannabis and later the clonazepam to calm us down.

Has anybody experienced similar symtoms with 4 subs or psychedelics in general? Or should I consider my substance wrongly-labeled? I contacted the vendor who said their stuff is off excelent quality and that they do nmr analysis.

Regards,

UA

somehow I missed this post. So what did they tel you? Also did you tell them what substance you ingested or what was? You didn't actually tell, "I have taken 4-HO-Met" You didn't do that, did you?

Last edited:
I enjoy the tryptamines anytime there's music involved, in particular 4-HO-MiPT. I've had some beautiful experiences at shows. It can be hit or miss for dancing, mostly whether I feel comfortable or awkward around a lot of people. Night concerts are the best for tryptamines. I prefer dissociatives for dancing in general, especially 3-MeO-PCP.

3-MeO-PCP is for sure the ultimate dancefloor killer :) Before meeting this beast, I thought ketamine + LSD was the best in terms of owning the dancefloor and don't giving a fuck, but 3-MeO-PCP is not robotic at all and boosts confidence to the top. Dancing on sedating dissos can be awkward.

By the way I see you bringing out 4-HO-MiPT quite often, I'm sure it's your favourite one ;) Could you please explain to an experienced 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-DET user like me what I'm missing there?

Also, to add to the main topic here, 4-HO-MET is for sure the kindest tryptamine on the mind I tried. Visual candy without mindfuck. It's like ETH-LAD vs LSD.

A pretty neat substance indeed! Here's my experience with Metocin. So far this is my favorite psychedelic, I've dosed it multiple times in many different situations from museum doses all the way up to 30 mg. I begin to feel threshold effects at 8mg. 12 mg is great for a social setting, saturated colors, flowing surfaces, and is pretty euphoric. 16-20 mgs is very psychedelic for me and speech starts to become slightly difficult. At these doses I see glowing fractals and patterns on almost everything, tree tops turning into faces, and I get a buzzing that reminds me of a sub-breakthrough dmt experience without the sedation. 30 mg is as far as I pushed it, no negative health effects were noted except I had to urinate frequently and I had a resting heart rate of 120 bpm for most of the trip. I saw fractalizing veins running down my wall while my entire vision was extremely saturated and when I walked my entire vision would shift. At some points it was like watching a 3-D movie without wearing the glasses. Mentally, 30 mg was pretty uncomfortably intense for me and when I closed my eyes I saw vivid octopus like tentacles swirling in my head and reaching toward me while I rolled around in my bed uncontrollably. 4-ho-met + 4-aco-dmt was way better than any lsd or psilocybin mushroom trip I've ever had and I highly recommend trying it if ever given the chance.

By the way I see you bringing out 4-HO-MiPT quite often, I'm sure it's your favourite one ;) Could you please explain to an experienced 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-DET user like me what I'm missing there?

Also, to add to the main topic here, 4-HO-MET is for sure the kindest tryptamine on the mind I tried. Visual candy without mindfuck. It's like ETH-LAD vs LSD.

Well, it's not my favorite, not sure I could pick a favorite, but it's up there. What I love about it is that it's so warm and euphoric. I find it to be superior to 4-HO-MET in every way, a similar thing going on but more intense in all its aspects. It comes on in a nice rush and there is a ton of laughter, and good energy. The visuals are nice too though I don't really care much about visuals anymore. I don't find 4-HO-MET or -MiPT very deep mentally, but sometimes I've had surprisingly profound (in an intellectual rather than spiritual way) trips on -MiPT, whereas with -MET it's never really gone anywhere special. A lot of the time, at the end of a night with -MiPT, my sides and face will hurt from laughter. It's also very inspiring for music, and feels great in the body.

Well, it's not my favorite, not sure I could pick a favorite, but it's up there. What I love about it is that it's so warm and euphoric. I find it to be superior to 4-HO-MET in every way, a similar thing going on but more intense in all its aspects. It comes on in a nice rush and there is a ton of laughter, and good energy. The visuals are nice too though I don't really care much about visuals anymore. I don't find 4-HO-MET or -MiPT very deep mentally, but sometimes I've had surprisingly profound (in an intellectual rather than spiritual way) trips on -MiPT, whereas with -MET it's never really gone anywhere special. A lot of the time, at the end of a night with -MiPT, my sides and face will hurt from laughter. It's also very inspiring for music, and feels great in the body.
I'll give it a try, so ;) for some reason I thought that one would have got a nasty bodyload, just because I had bad experiences with foxy and moxy on the past

having read none of this thread I have 2 questions :). first is how long does it take a sample of 4-HO to react with water once introduced?
second is has anyone else experienced these symptoms with use of 4-HO: painful urination or pain in the urethra, and cold in the body during periods in which others felt it was hot.

edit: of the others who partook, one was stricken by a two day head-and-stomach ache combo, and reported a delayed period. these symptoms are scary! any info regarding the toxicity of MET or any of its substitutions would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

nau5ea

Last edited:
I really wouldn't expose 4-HO tryptamines like this to water for any minute longer than is strictly necessary. I mean for good "measure", not literally that a minute will kill it, but I wouldn't be casual about it and consider storing it in a watery solution..

Would expect that it turns brown/black if you leave it in water, although apparently that color change is not really an indication that it has degraded. However it seems that it will convert to something that it relatively unstable and will degrade further to actual loss of activity.

Don't remember any urethral pain from any psychedelic do I... but hot and cold feelings are expected part of the territory from seronergic actions that disturb your ability to maintain body temperature but also just your sense of temperature - a type of hallucination you could say... My friend once completely freaked out on 2C-I and K and nitrous because he lost all feeling of hot and cold - he then promptly wanted to stand under the shower fully clothed and nearly had me dial emergency, but I was personally very much doubting that it was more than a trip he got 'stuck' in for much longer than a normal balloon.. just no worrying signs, he freaked out.

No real information about this compound as far as actual toxicity studies are concerned. On the other hand it is very close to psilocin which is physically very safe, I don't think metabolites are expected or predicted that are in any way potential toxins... a fluke is always possible if it is something very unexpected, but if we can't really think of what kind of toxicity would be a problem... then it's not a realistic challenge?
As far as I can tell, 4-HO-MET will metabolize into the same metabolites as psilocin, apart from the glucoronide (something hanging off it to speed up excretion from the body) still retaining the MET methyl ethyl amine.

Not that its not worth looking into your problems, and especially if you had rather consistent and recurring health issues. For a lot of people compounds like these are physically light and clean, but for some they are not and side effects may be experienced... I guess 2 days is certainly quite a period, but it's hard to really connect cause and effect and hangover / side-effect feelings are not that great of an indication for toxicity really - although if feelings are worrisome and especially if you get something more than one time, it's not unwise if you choose not to use it anymore - can't really properly explain as toxicity without analyzing, but you sure as well can chalk it up to just personally reacting poorly, or a possible problem with the sample.

Have you performed searches for health issues to see if you read anything that resembles what you experienced? With the head and stomach ache it is worth going over all of the circumstances..

If you're concerned, it might be helpful to actually read the thread and the previous iterations... doesn't concern warrant doing that? I get if you'd like other to recall, but it can be helpful to investigate how many people have health issues and what kind of issues people report. If it is quite a few people and they suspiciously report the same symptoms, that tells you something very different than scarce vague reports of varying nature - which makes it more likely that coincidental or indirect things happened, like exhaustion and lowering of immune resistance contributing to getting a little sick.

Also, are you talking about this compound being ingested after it was in water for a considerable time?

Last edited:
I haven't taken it after water exposure. I was more worried about sublingual administration because of the water content of saliva. it seems like the side effects are mostly benign; I could chalk the pain up to the bleach I used to wash my water bottle :} thanks for the advice, man. always good to hear others' opinions

Ah, nah your body is made up of mostly water - if it were *that* sensitive, it couldn't be active... but that doesn't mean you can really afford extra time of it in solution turning dark and nasty - or goopy when solid exposed to humidity. It may just not be wise if that primes the stuff for further degradation.

Yeah like I said: it's fair to want to check the ins and outs... but as far as non-classic psychedelics / rc's go, I don't think this one has reasons to scare us... but if it sometimes can turn on a person (people can also get nauseous or heavy body loaded on pure LSD), that sucks.

yw :>

having read none of this thread I have 2 questions :). first is how long does it take a sample of 4-HO to react with water once introduced?
second is has anyone else experienced these symptoms with use of 4-HO: painful urination or pain in the urethra, and cold in the body during periods in which others felt it was hot.

edit: of the others who partook, one was stricken by a two day head-and-stomach ache combo, and reported a delayed period. these symptoms are scary! any info regarding the toxicity of MET or any of its substitutions would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

nau5ea

- i mixed some of it with orange juice, leave it in room temperature for 8 hours, and in a refridgerator for at least 2 additional days. I can only speculate subjetively, but i haven't felt any decrease in potency dosage-wise. That was the longest period i ever had it in a solution like water
-i had experienced a bit of an alcohol-hangoveresque headache once, after i took a very extreme dose (75mg). On lower doses i never experienced any real problems.
And feeling either more cold/hot is pretty usual at least on this substance.

I had only 2 experiences with 4-Aco-MiPT (not HO) and I did not find it as uncomplicated as the substituted MET, which always provided just laughters and juvenile beauty. The 4-Aco-MiPT was much more emotionally wearing, but not as intense as 4-Aco-DMT in that regard. Mind you, my set and settings were rather inappropriate as usual when I take psychedelics. (DPT being an exception, because I read about the higher train-wrecks potential) =D

The only psychedelic, that is on par with 4-HO-MET or IMHO even more uncomplicated mentally, while still guaranteeing a great time and even (entertaining) epiphanies, is 2c-c.

Have to try 4-Aco-MiPT again, but as long as great sets and settings are out of question it would be a waste, so I wait.

I agree with that, I find the -MiPT 4-subs (well, I've only tried the HO at this time) to be more complex and mental than the -METs (which I have tried the HO and AcO of), and also more emotionally opening.