• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Going on a camping trip in ~2 weeks and plan to take this substance. I tried it at ~10mg this past summer and at the low of dosage I couldn't really tell it apart from mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt (both of which I haven't had in years either). Mushrooms are on the agenda for everyone going, but I'm eager to try metocin since I haven't gotten chance since I acquired it like 10 months ago. Its a camping trip with a good few people, most of whom I don't know personally (yet), so I thought metocin might be better for the occasion as it seems to be relatively more clear headed than straight mushrooms.

Was thinking 30mg might be a good dose? Is that too much? IME with mushrooms 3.5g a the full blown, big deal trip, I haven't done that in many years. Its an almost life-changing experience, a beautiful experience, but also quite intense, emotionally and mentally tumultuous. Reading about metocin and peoples experience I'm getting the idea that 1g of mushrooms = about 10mg of metocin, dose for dose (obviously their subjective effects vary even at an equivalent dose). Would any of you agree with that dosage comparison? I figure the equivalent of 3g of transparent-mushrooms isn't that out there of a dose.

4-ho-met is a polished jewel. In my environment it is so popular that when I bought a kit to make molecules the first thing I did was the Metocin.
I still have it hanging from the ceiling of the dining room of my house. 8)

DocLad

Going on a camping trip in ~2 weeks and plan to take this substance. I tried it at ~10mg this past summer and at the low of dosage I couldn't really tell it apart from mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt (both of which I haven't had in years either). Mushrooms are on the agenda for everyone going, but I'm eager to try metocin since I haven't gotten chance since I acquired it like 10 months ago. Its a camping trip with a good few people, most of whom I don't know personally (yet), so I thought metocin might be better for the occasion as it seems to be relatively more clear headed than straight mushrooms.

Was thinking 30mg might be a good dose? Is that too much? IME with mushrooms 3.5g a the full blown, big deal trip, I haven't done that in many years. Its an almost life-changing experience, a beautiful experience, but also quite intense, emotionally and mentally tumultuous. Reading about metocin and peoples experience I'm getting the idea that 1g of mushrooms = about 10mg of metocin, dose for dose (obviously their subjective effects vary even at an equivalent dose). Would any of you agree with that dosage comparison? I figure the equivalent of 3g of transparent-mushrooms isn't that out there of a dose.

30mg is definetly doable, although i'd have a few moments where i'd want to be alone on that dosage. Not that I dont wanna be with people (4homet has the ability to be empathic and social like mdma), but just because id want to explore that inner world for a while. Maybe thats the plan all the way since others are doing mushrooms? Anyway id go for 20-25mg.

This part of your post caught my eye - do you mean to imply that you are no longer atheist? If not, is this directly as a result of your experiences on 4-HO-MET or other psychedelics, or other factors?

I am curious because my own experimentation with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET has consistently lead to some of the most profound psychedelic experiences I've ever had, as well as the feeling of being in the presence of God, so to speak. I am still effectively atheist but it has made me a lot more curious about religious ideas.

Well, lets say that experience triggered in me a search party for the soul ?. Got into books by ram dass (richard alpert) and the likes, started yoga, meditation,.. . Since that experience i know there is an underlying principle at the core of all existence.

Im definetly no atheist. However to be clear,maybe i was an agnost to begin with (a la there must be s?mething). I was 100% against religious authority like the church, and def didnt believe in jesus as a conscious entity. Until he was sitting there, that is. Repeat experiences, also with other 4ho tryptamines, invoke the same feeling of presence from a conscious entity, but its not always as clearcut as tgat time on 50mg 4homet.

30mg is definetly doable, although i'd have a few moments where i'd want to be alone on that dosage. Not that I dont wanna be with people (4homet has the ability to be empathic and social like mdma), but just because id want to explore that inner world for a while. Maybe thats the plan all the way since others are doing mushrooms? Anyway id go for 20-25mg.

sounds good, think i'll try 25mg.

Also, how should I be storing this? I got it in a plastic baggy and that has just sat in a fanny pack zipper in my closet for like a year now. So pretty safe from moisture or oxygen, and it doesn't get hot here at all.

A few years ago I had 4-aco-dmt that went bad. I forgot about it for a couple months, forgetting how I had it stored but it appeared different physically and it had much diminished effects.

Also, how should I be storing this? I got it in a plastic baggy and that has just sat in a fanny pack zipper in my closet for like a year now. So pretty safe from moisture or oxygen, and it doesn't get hot here at all.

A few years ago I had 4-aco-dmt that went bad. I forgot about it for a couple months, forgetting how I had it stored but it appeared different physically and it had much diminished effects.

Store stuff in waterproof sealed container in the freezer (there are some that allow you to suck the air out too - those are nice). When need to use, let it come to room temp before opening or moisture will get in. Also use absorbent packages sit in your container to reduce the amount of oxygen and water. This will keep your stuff fresh for years! ;)

Your 4-AcO-DMT, did it get darker, almost black in color? I've seen it happen but according to the source, effects were the same.

Probably late for your camping trip but 25mg sounds a safe still fun dose. I don't think below 30mg would be too worthwhile for me but think 25mg should still have some go and there is a lot of individual variance - my GF is a light weight and got a somewhat intimidating ++++ type thing off a dose that would barely touch me

Probably late for your camping trip but 25mg sounds a safe still fun dose. I don't think below 30mg would be too worthwhile for me but think 25mg should still have some go and there is a lot of individual variance - my GF is a light weight and got a somewhat intimidating ++++ type thing off a dose that would barely touch me

I ended up taking only about ~15mg. Didn't get all that trippy, but got much higher than I had expected from 15mg. That may have been the weed I was smoking and the unfamiliar environment I was in contributing though.

Definitely shorter lasting than mushrooms. Going to try at least 20mg next time.

Went for a hike on Sunday, took 15mg of this with 2 friends who also took the same dose. I must have a crazy metabolism, because we all dosed at the same time and I was tripping in 30 minutes flat, and they still didn't feel anything til after like an hour. This happens with all psychs/MDMA especially. I have a friend who I've rolled with a lot and he always doses 30 minutes before me, and then it hits us both at the same time.

Would have upped the dose from 15mg, but life has been sort of hectic lately and I didn't feel like going in too deep. Looking forward to an opportunity where I could take 20-30mg without any distractions hanging around my cranium.

This is a very fun compound, lots of laughs (I announced I was going to do the hike barefoot, but I immediately stepped on the sharpest rock ever and put my shoes back on, humans invented shoes cause we got some soft ass feet! This had us in tears) Feels like a more energetic, less introverted version of mushrooms. Very short lasting. The come up is a bit rougher than 2c-b or LSD, much more abrupt, anxious and nauseous but passes quickly.

Although, I wasn't able to sleep for ages even though the trip had pretty much completely subsides 5 hours prior to going to bed.

And just like with LSD lately, on the very tail end of the trip I get this strange headache thats really annoying, feels like pressure in my head. I always make sure to hydrate well, but it comes nonetheless. Its very mild, not a migraine or anything like a hangover feeling, but when it happens all I can think about is how nice it would be if it went away lol. Guess a tylenol would probably take care of it, but that doesn't seem like a good solution to psychedelic pretty consistently giving me these headaches.

Felt very, very exhausted the next day. Not sure if it was just hiking in sun for hours on end or the compound, but all I could do was lay on the couch all day and stare.

Sorry for the triple post but, tried 20mg of this stuff yesterday with some friends, and wow, we all agreed it totally changed its character up from 15mg! Have some new thoughts on this chemical.

Now, the level of trip I felt from 20mg of this stuff was stronger than any dose of mushrooms or 4-sub trip I've had in quite a few years, so not a lot to compare it to.

We tripped in an old growth forest, an absolutely beautiful place. But I wasn't quite sure if it was the chemical, or the setting (or both), but the visuals, that at 15mg were little more than melty, shifting colors and tracers, at 20mg became MUCH more flushed out.

The forest is full of so many things to look at that are open to many interpretations, and while nothing about this trip was "bad", the visuals took on a very ghoulish, undead, almost grotesque appearance. Its difficult to describe, but all the visuals were very humanoid looking, as if everything around me was alive. Gnarled roots, contorted bark, moss hanging off of tree limbs, cobwebs, it was quite cool looking, but at night on a higher dose I could totally see it being quite frightening. Humanoid creatures were portrayed by the forest architecture, best I can describe them is like "forest banshees/wraiths" We all sort of agreed on this. But again, it certainly wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it sort of seemed based off the idea that in nature (in the forest) everything is sort living and dying on top of itself in many layers, and that is the circle of life, it is both beautiful and terrifying at the same time; it is neutral.

Mushrooms and its relatives always give me very humanoid looking visuals, at higher doses I remember mushrooms scaring me when I was younger as a lot of the visuals were characterized by sinister looking skulls and faces. Sort of like grateful dead/alex gray style art. 4-ho-met was similar in this way, but much more so. It was just so interesting to me that even though I was having a good time, not a bad trip, the visuals persisted with this almost wicked appearance.

Music is great with this one, and it kept the vibe going good. Playing music we all loved and knew helped keep the spooky-style visuals from becoming anything truly sinister or frightening.

We also came to the conclusion that our main gripe about the compound is the amount of come-up and very uncomfortable bodyload you have to go through before you get to the "clarity" part of the trip, and by that point, the trip is already seemingly halfway over. LSD and other psychs are nice in that once the come-up is over (albeit a way more easy going come-up as well), you have MANY hours of integration, reflection and clarity to trip comfortably within. The short length would be a good thing if the come-up wasn't so uncomfortable and drawn out. For the first couple hours I just had this anxious/stressed out tension feeling in my stomach and chest that just would not go away.

I plan to come to this same place with 4-aco-dmt at the same dose so I can see how they truly differ, I don't remember 4-aco-dmt or even mushrooms in tea form to have such an intense and bothersome come-up.

Overall, good chemical, definitely interested in working my way up 5mg by 5mg, somewhat concerned about the visuals taking on even more sinister looks, and wish the come-up was less of a burden and didn't eat up so much of the trip.

This sort of figure/aesthetic was covering EVERYTHING, but made up of branches, roots, moss, dirt, bark, etc. And with big rasping, torn mouths and faces.
dementor_by_liga_marta-d32wuz5.jpg

This is a picture form the forest we were in, maybe you all can sort of see how the forest could suggest something a bit more sinister even in its profound beauty:
AriB_0163.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the forest/taiga/woods have always been associated with darkness, death, and mysterious supernatural lonely corners of the world. Witches, gnomes, all that pagan European stuff. I tend to see that kind of thing in the woods as well, especially oak hammocks with spanish moss!

It's funny, I took 4-AcO-MET today, and you're right, the come-up was pretty long and jangly. It resolved to a nice space though. But I think I prefer 4-HO/AcO-MiPT. Or mushrooms.

Does anyone have any experience with 4-ho-met which has been stored for quite a long time? By long time I mean approximately 5 years in dark and dry place at room temperature. It looks exactly the same as when it was fresh. Is it safe to use?

If it looks exactly the same, it should be fine. Definitely safe to use. In fact even when it degrades it seems to be safe to use, it's just much less potent. When tryptamines degrade they turn brown/black, generally.

Well, it's slightly beige-light brownish, but it looked like that since the beginning and it didn't get any darker through this time. Pretty much like this: http://i.imgur.com/Ux3fAjL.jpg (not my photo, found online). I heard that old/degraded stuff can cause much more unpleasant body load. Do you have any experience/info about that?

It's funny, I took 4-AcO-MET today, and you're right, the come-up was pretty long and jangly. It resolved to a nice space though. But I think I prefer 4-HO/AcO-MiPT. Or mushrooms.

Jangly indeed!! god damn. It'd be fine if this substance had a better ratio of jangly comeup to proper trip. It's a shame. Haven't had 4-aco-dmt in ages, and haven't tried any of the other ones, so I definitely want to try them and see how the come-up would differ in difficulty/length.

Its funny, everyone talks about 4-ho-met being very transparent, but the discomfort of the come-up sort of intensifies the mental aspects, kinda prevents you from relaxing or immersing yourself in the trip comfortably. Constant feeling of anxiety/stress in my chest/stomach. Had ~2-3 hours of comfortable trip before it dissipated almost instantaneously.

Well, it's slightly beige-light brownish, but it looked like that since the beginning and it didn't get any darker through this time. Pretty much like this: http://i.imgur.com/Ux3fAjL.jpg (not my photo, found online). I heard that old/degraded stuff can cause much more unpleasant body load. Do you have any experience/info about that?

Thats looks about right from what I've seen. I've never heard that about degraded/old stuff, if its actually degraded though it will certainly be less potent.

You're good, kso666.

I once took 95mg of 4-AcO-DMT that I had gotten wet a year prior, and when found again, was totally dark grey/black, and I neither had a negative body load, nor diminished effects, when dosing. The latter of which was a great surprise, and led to one of the more intense trips I've had with tryptamines.

I found 5 mg test dose of 4-aco-mipt more clearheaded (remind me a lot to AL-LAD) than same test dose with 4-ho-met. This take me by surprise as notoriously seems like 4-ho-met for most people is the most transparent 4-sub. Do you find in correct dosages the same apreciation with 4-aco-mipt vs 4-ho-met? As I said, i found the first at this theresold the most similar to AL-LAD, for his clearheaded and euphoria.

I personally find 4-HO-MiPT clearer, more euphoric, and nicer-feeling than 4-HO-MET.