• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Mariposa

If you were close enough, you know how she looked.
I think you meant no harm though <3

WTF NO FUCKING WAY. WHAT THE FUCK. NOOOO. :(

She used to call me when I was still a minor and going through a lot of shit.... and gave me such good advice and just listened. I am so upset over this. I don't know what else to say.

Rest in peace <3 so sad.
/sorry for the swearing, but I literally have no words at the moment.

Last edited:
I was asked to post regarding J's death. The person who requested would like to keep anonymous and can no longer be connected to BL due to professional restrictions. Here is an excerpt of the email I was sent

He (Mariposa's dad) told me he came home and she was on the living room floor unconscious. He called the ambulance and they tried to resuscitate her but she had died a few hours before that. He said they did the autopsy immediately to rule out homicide or suicide. She died from alcohol poisoning. The toxicology report said she had alcohol levels so high she went into a coma and just passed away.There were no illegal drugs in her body and she had a prescription for cannabis. Her dad acknowledged (cried) over how bad her drinking had got that he was worried about her and tried to talk to her. If you don't want to post about it when it comes up, can you pass that onto someone? I don't even know who to ask anymore. She was happier than she had been in years in life and her father was so happy to have her home again. She just had a problem with alcohol and couldn't handle it anymore

:( Very sad. I miss Mariposa/J. and she was a very kind and compassionate person. My condolences to her family.

Ahh man it's so sad she picked up the bottle again...:( I loved reading about her recovery and well she was handling it but we all have cracks and flaws. Sometimes the dam just bursts and we lose a truly great person. She did so much for BL and I'm sure we'll all remember that fondly! Another kind soul lost, I hope you at least found peace!:(

it warms my heart to see how Jill touched so many people. I knew I wasn't the only one

how did she care for so many random people? who does that, in this day and age??

just a reminder as to how great of a person she was

So awful to see this. I haven't been active on BL for years but I've never forgotten the advice and support she gave me. She was compassionate and strong and I always admired her. I don't really know what to say :(

RIP. You were one of the first people I identified with when I joined. You were kind and generous in your words.

My love to your friends and family.

sometimes, I wonder if I will return to Bluelight and not find someone from my history gone...

I just saw this, damn that's sad. I remember talking to her when I was just a teenager, but hadn't spoken in recent times. Rest in peace, Mariposa :(

oh god. I only knew her through BL but like Tobala she always seemed like a pillar of the community. One of the first people I would associate with this board. I knew how bad she was struggling and a bit about her history, but...I don't know, words fail me. The list of recognizable names here makes me sick.

Mariposa's advice and posts were some of the most comforting and helpful, and she struck me as one of the most selfless and nurturing personalities here. She not only helped me, but I know she also talked to my son when he was at his worst over the last decade.

Anxiety and addiction to GABAergics are incessant and brutal to put it mildly.