• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Mariposa

I wasn't ever close with her and can't tell you the last time I interacted with her in any way but she contributed a lot to this place over the years and a lot of mutual friends held her in high regard. My condolences to those who were close to her on and off the board. Rest in peace.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye, Jillian. I hope you found peace in your last moments in this world.

♥️

It's been years since I have logged in here and so sad to have it be today. I came on to see if there was any more info on what has happened to sweet Jillian other than what was said on her FB page. I saw someone mention they were told it was alcohol related, not sure how accurate that is. This is so incredibly sad. She was such a sweet and wonderful person as well as being especially kind-hearted. She and I kept in touch over the years and she would pop up out of the blue to send me some positive words on my family or to send a random funny photo. I was so sad to hear of this :(

I was asked to post regarding J's death. The person who requested would like to keep anonymous and can no longer be connected to BL due to professional restrictions. Here is an excerpt of the email I was sent

He (Mariposa's dad) told me he came home and she was on the living room floor unconscious. He called the ambulance and they tried to resuscitate her but she had died a few hours before that. He said they did the autopsy immediately to rule out homicide or suicide. She died from alcohol poisoning. The toxicology report said she had alcohol levels so high she went into a coma and just passed away.There were no illegal drugs in her body and she had a prescription for cannabis. Her dad acknowledged (cried) over how bad her drinking had got that he was worried about her and tried to talk to her. If you don't want to post about it when it comes up, can you pass that onto someone? I don't even know who to ask anymore. She was happier than she had been in years in life and her father was so happy to have her home again. She just had a problem with alcohol and couldn't handle it anymore

I was asked to post regarding J's death. The person who requested would like to keep anonymous and can no longer be connected to BL due to professional restrictions. Here is an excerpt of the email I was sent

He (Mariposa's dad) told me he came home and she was on the living room floor unconscious. He called the ambulance and they tried to resuscitate her but she had died a few hours before that. He said they did the autopsy immediately to rule out homicide or suicide. She died from alcohol poisoning. The toxicology report said she had alcohol levels so high she went into a coma and just passed away.There were no illegal drugs in her body and she had a prescription for cannabis. Her dad acknowledged (cried) over how bad her drinking had got that he was worried about her and tried to talk to her. If you don't want to post about it when it comes up, can you pass that onto someone? I don't even know who to ask anymore. She was happier than she had been in years in life and her father was so happy to have her home again. She just had a problem with alcohol and couldn't handle it anymore
Wow that is incredibly sad pi

I saw her Facebook this morning.

I'm absolutely at a loss for words. I remember her nudging me to be a SLR mod when I was in C&U.

I hope she can finally have the complete peace she always wanted. :(

RIP Mariposa

I also wanted to say I also haven't logged in on quite some time, but I see so many old schoolers come back.

I miss you guys. <3 and J was very loved by many of us.

I had to go check FB because I could not believe this to be true. She seemed to be in such a good place lately. I am heartbroken for her father who she loved so much.

I could never listen to this song without picturing you after getting to know you as Mariposa on here:

https://youtu.be/gEeft7_pu7g

Can't help but hope that all the passionate despair you felt over the killing of Cecil the lion means that he was one of the beings to see your spirit on its way.

We had a falling out years ago but still sad. RIP jillian

i never really got to know her but she reached out to me via pm a while ago, which to me was quite special and showed her genuine warmth and honesty.

im sorry for everyone's loss
howling_wolf_icon_by_schneeauge-d32pp3s.gif

How incredibly sad :(

Terrible. :(

A few years ago she sent me a really kind PM regarding a thread I posted in the darkside. I never forgot about that. This is really shocking.