• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Deramciclane

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
Deramciclane is an interesting structure. It has a phenyltropanesque boat formed-ring with a phenyl, close to dopamine agonists (which it is slightly itself) like SKF-89,145

Even though it doesn't have the MoA of benzos, its structure reminds me of a reverse of what GYKI-52895 would be, a benzo (named for its structure, not function) that is a MAT inhibitor instead of GABAergic (well, Deramciclane is GABAergic, but as a reuptake inhibitor of GABA)

Deramciclane.svg

Camphor derived drugs? Count me in.

Does it smell minty?

Actually, now that I read the wiki page, this looks like a really neat drug. 5ht2a antagonist / 5ht2c inverse agonist? GABA reuptake inhibition? D1/D2 receptor affinity? Easy synthesis? Sounds like a psychedelic-trip-killer and/or potential psych drug.

With a name that sounds like Dermus and the "c...ane" name ending, you'd think it would be a topical/local anesthetic, but closer to phenyltropane than cocaine I doubt it.

Going the aromatic / good tasting drug route, I'm adding something to the random molecules thread (Deramciclane with the benzene changed to vanillin, hehe)

Just thought, that might make a decent anxiolytic. Indeed it is one, as wikipedia says ;)

Very interesting that it's a GABA reuptake inhibitor and seems to be free of tolerance / withdrawal - this has been suggested for tiagabine (the only GABA RI currently available imho) too, and my personal experience seemed to confirm it, but I was skeptical and didn't want to push it too far and risk nasty WD or even seizures.

Too bad they discontinued the deramciclane. So many potentially great drugs get shelved off...
But it certainly makes tiagabine appealing again.