What kind of music were you into in your mid to late teens (15-19)?

Midnight Oil, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains. Public Image Limited. Bob Marley. Peter Tosh. Neil Young. When i got to 18 it was Nirvana (before Bleach had even come out, we were buying singles from the Sub Pop singles club) Mudhoney, TAD, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Agent Orange, Descendants.Poison Idea. David Bowie, The Birthday Party, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Too many to mention

I still listen to it all today. Those records are worth a fucking shitload now. Especially my Nirvana collection. Sitting on a fucking goldmine of vinyl.

you're a a bit older than me but that's a damn good list
some of that stuff I got into early
some I only discovered later onin college

Hmmm... That time period was actually a pretty important one for me because it's where I first got into metal. Sort of started with 311 and then progressed to harder stuff. Korn, and then from there Sepultura and then on to Slayer. After that I started getting more into the death metal side of things and then eventually found black metal bands like Emperor. Now my tastes in music are pretty broad and I pretty much listen to everything (not just metal). There aren't very many genres that I don't enjoy something out of.

rap and metal, same shit as now.

i added other shit (electronic music, psychedelic rock) but mostly rap and metal, need that aggressive shit.

Type O Negative, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Primus, Nirvana, etc. Early to mid 90's music while it was peaking, at its best.

Around 14 it was black metal, then started getting more into goth,industrial and j-pop as I got older

I listened to Bob Marley interminably in my early teens but then started to diversify. A lot of progressive rock, metal, jazz, blues, classical guitarists, indie-rock, phish.

Many, many genres,,,to many to mention but one song that sticks out:

also,
(obviously, not a 90's tune but to get stuck in genres is just aural slavery - not/never succumbing to that ;) )