Brag About An Upcoming or Recent Gig Ver. You call that shit music??

i'm off to see lcd soundsystem at my favourite music venue in the world - the greek theatre in berkeley - later this month:

greek-theatre-night.jpg

alasdair

Yea, it’s always a tough call calling you’re favorite outdoor venue, but Berkeley Greek is top 3. Last time I was there Santana came out and raged with widespread

I saw the war on drugs play a late night club show on Friday. It was the god damn titties. Tight as fuck and dialed in. Show started at midnight

I have decided to give Kid Congo and the Pink Monkey Birds a miss this time but I am going to see Tropical Fuck Storm at Howler on Thursday.

Oh yeah? I saw Tropical Fuck Storm a month ago at Boogie - they're amazing. And i've never been much of a Drones fan, but something about that line up...they kick arse =D

Did you see Kid Congo last time?
I think i saw him when i was in melb looking for houses to move into.
But the Pink Monkey Birds are seriously one of the best bands i've ever seen. They're that good.

There are actually a few good shows on the same night - one of which my new band is playing at ths yarra - so i won't be seeing kid congo this time either.
I saw john cooper clarke the weekend before last, which was amazing, and i have a ticket for Lydia Lunch at the tote in a month. Really looking forward to that one.

Bongzilla, Dopethrone, Sons of Otis
Asylum 2, B'ham Thursday, 28 Jun 2018

Just got my ticket, yeah you fucks read that lineup. I am sure I will be deaf when I get out of there after being crushed by a 20 foot stack of Orange amps.

Hitting Blueox bluegrass fest very soon. Very nice line up, Sammy starts it off, greensky and stringdusters fri and quite Happy to be going. =D

2018-Blue-Ox-Daily-Schedule-corrected.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah? I saw Tropical Fuck Storm a month ago at Boogie - they're amazing. And i've never been much of a Drones fan, but something about that line up...they kick arse =D

Did you see Kid Congo last time?
I think i saw him when i was in melb looking for houses to move into.
But the Pink Monkey Birds are seriously one of the best bands i've ever seen. They're that good.

There are actually a few good shows on the same night - one of which my new band is playing at ths yarra - so i won't be seeing kid congo this time either.

Saw Kid Congo and Pink Monkey Birds the first time they came out (3 or 4 years ago), and I agree with your call about them - They are fucking brilliant! - reminded me of Hendrix's Experience.

You must give me a heads up when you're playing somewhere.

TFS in approx 4.5 hours!

Aren't they great? =D

Only our second show on saturday, but i'll let you know about the next one and chuck your name on the door.

I saw john cooper clarke the weekend before last, which was amazing...
get the fuck out of here!

i'm off to seattle for a couple of days to catch up with a friend and see dr. john cooper clarke live. i've loved him for years and finally get to see him live!

we spent some time chatting after the show - pics are blurry but here i am evidently making him laugh:

jcc01.jpg

:)

alasdair

Hitting Blueox bluegrass fest very soon. Very nice line up, Sammy starts it off, greensky and stringdusters fri and quite Happy to be going. =D

2018-Blue-Ox-Daily-Schedule-corrected.png

Looks fun. Billy Strings and Margo Price are great and of course Sam bush and del. I just can’t get into greensky

Only hit green sky once.. real good as I remember. There are a few on that I have not seen or do not remember, but on your recommendation will make sure to hit both Strings and Price as this might be my first time and your taste is impeccable.

Might skip dell though, reup and such, just to much tradition.

Moving from rado to Wisco, I'm happy as a clam to see this.

get the fuck out of here!

we spent some time chatting after the show - pics are blurry but here i am evidently making him laugh:

jcc01.jpg

:)

alasdair

That's awesome - you lucky bastard! A friend of mine has hung out with him, he seems like a gregarious chap.

So, in the end I did catch Kid Congo and the Pink Monkey Birds at a "secret" show last night. Couldn't resist seeing him in such an intimate venue with around 80-100 people crammed in The Old Bar.

He was great, the band are still fucking awesome, and they all hung around after the gig drinking and chatting to whoever wanted to speak to them. Great way to spend a Tuesday night.

Ok im trying to ask a spefic question but have no idear how to. I dont see any where to creage a post. Im looking for feed back , to a question, ppl on here seam very knowagle about drugs, and i usally can always find the anwser i need by reading articles. but this question is to specfic for that. Please can a moderator or someone tell me how i can post a question?

Top Dawg Entertainment Championship tour this weekend. Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Ab soul, J Rock, SZA, and some opener I haven?t heard yet. Really hope they do some Black Hippy shit instead of just all solo sets. Then it?s Weezer and The Pixies in July. Then it?s Warped Tour with my youngest sister, last year’s line up was surprisingly good with lots of metal. I haven?t checked the line up yet but I don?t think it?s going to be like last year. Lastly, several small Appalachian hippy festivals. Really Looking forward to the hippy olympics lol. Really hoping to get myself to a proper festival like Lockn or something similar next summer.

Last edited: