• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOPr (2.55mg) - First Time - First Low-Dose Trial and Observations

Ibogaland, that's a big claim to make hehe....

Agreed, it is. To be clear, DOC does not have the 'African content' of iboga...but the sheer intensity of 4mg DOC reminded me of ibogaine...in many ways the two did get me to a similar place.

I took 4.2mg of DOC once and yes, it was very powerful at that level, reality was warping and I sort of sat there and dissolved into music and thoughts for many hours. Then the plateau stage hit in the morning (I took it at like midnight, didn't sleep of course), and it was absolutely sublime.

DOC normally lasts 12-18 hours depending on dose. The second half is an enabling sort of thing, I am very functional on that part (as I am if I take up to about 2.5 or 3mg, the whole time).

Oh, and yeah, unfortunately I no longer have the iron clad stomach I carried when I first started using psychedelics, and nowadays there's almost nothing that won't make me nauseous at least during the onset. I'm sure even with the amphetamines it would not be unbearable even if it was fairly bad, but it is good to know that cannabis helps there as well as I'd expect. That is also extremely useful to know about the L-arginine, for many situations. Thank you once again for the information and tips, that was a very helpful post!

Oh man, that's a bummer. I'm the opposite... when I started tripping I would get really nauseous and intense bodyloads during psychedelic come-ups... I remember the first time I took 2C-I I threw up like 10 times and kept saying "why did I poison myself with this??" (until the peak hit). The last time I took 2C-I, there wasn't the slightest twinge of nausea or bodyload, just a smooth transition into the peak.

Agreed, it is. To be clear, DOC does not have the 'African content' of iboga...but the sheer intensity of 4mg DOC reminded me of ibogaine...in many ways the two did get me to a similar place.

Thanks for the clarification, that does sound very promising indeed. :) I'm going to be reading a lot of trip reports over the next few days....

I took 4.2mg of DOC once and yes, it was very powerful at that level, reality was warping and I sort of sat there and dissolved into music and thoughts for many hours. Then the plateau stage hit in the morning (I took it at like midnight, didn't sleep of course), and it was absolutely sublime.

DOC normally lasts 12-18 hours depending on dose. The second half is an enabling sort of thing, I am very functional on that part (as I am if I take up to about 2.5 or 3mg, the whole time).

Oh wow, that's definitely not too bad, I mean LSD lasts me nearly that long anyway. It sounds quite fascinating, I am very interested now.... Dissolving into music especially sounds quite fun, I touched upon this once on 40 mg insufflated 2C-I and it was wonderfully intricate and overwhelming, and I can't even imagine what that might be like on a much more mental trip. :) The second half does sound quite nice as well, I like the idea of being able to go from all that craziness into something active and fluent, on LSD it has always been one of my favorite ways to help interpret and integrate what I've gone through.

Oh man, that's a bummer. I'm the opposite... when I started tripping I would get really nauseous and intense bodyloads during psychedelic come-ups... I remember the first time I took 2C-I I threw up like 10 times and kept saying "why did I poison myself with this??" (until the peak hit). The last time I took 2C-I, there wasn't the slightest twinge of nausea or bodyload, just a smooth transition into the peak.

Ah, if only I were so lucky! (Aside from all the nausea at the beginning lol.) Unfortunately my problems likely stem from just having developed a visceral pain condition in the time since then, so there's not a lot I can do about it whether it's something to do with drugs or not. On the upside, psychedelics often help with many of my problems related to digestion and pain, so I'll take what I can get. I definitely have gotten stronger body loads along with the nausea as well though, and ironically I have gone from smooth high dose 2C-I trips to some body shakes on more moderate doses. I get them on most psychedelics now and I never used to, but they generally only last through the come up and tend to stop whenever I feel some sort of release, even just like putting on music and meditating into the visions. I've really gotten used to them by now, but it was nice not having to deal with it all before. But that's life. <3

I get two phases with DOC too. The first half is the really out there trippy part. Second part is where I seem to return to mental quietness but my vision goes to ultra HD but with a very low frame rate. Like 2 frames per second video but each frame is a super high resolution still (although things look kind of box-ey). Opposite effect of DMT where the frame rate goes to like 200fps but detail/geometry gets super simple (more "basic"). DOC must do something unique to visual perception towards the end / second half.. I thought of it like the brain's clock rates get all screwed up and brain resources get turned up with regard to detail but motion sensing goes to shit.

Thank you for contributing yaesutom, all this support for this definitely makes me optimistic that it will effect me this way as well! Actually, I have to say that you guys are all making me think about something that had sort of disappeared into the fog of my mind for some time....

Another personal rambling, so you know I said before that I took some DOx blotter that makes me suspect DOB? Well, there was another blotter I tried once that I have had suspicions about before, but everyone I talked to always said "No, it's LSD! It's great!" back then so I shrugged it off, but these were just random people with as much drug knowledge as I at the time.... The thing is, I had never taken LSD before, so I had no reference for what it was supposed to be like, but what always got me was the fact that I thought it had a mildly bitter taste and I heard someone who was dealing at the time say in passing to someone else that they heard there were DOI blotters going around at the time. However, after trying that other blotter I had to admit to myself that the taste was nowhere near as bitter, but could this not just be from using a lower dose? As for the DOI idea, I toyed with it for quite a while but I could never feel certain that the duration or effects profile matched up quite right. It was really hard fighting the LSD theory because it did give me a very significant head trip and it lasted about the right amount of time, and it was months after it was gone that I was able to try guaranteed LSD to compare it to and my trips were already kind of changing through tolerance and experience by then, so it's just been a real struggle overall. But, what I can say is that there are a few key differences I've noticed between them that make me the most suspicious because these factors have never changed for me about other psychedelics: 1) known LSD I start feeling in twenty to thirty minutes at any dose and it really begins in like an hour, with this blotter it was like that on a higher dose but a lower but still powerful dose took an hour for things to start happening at all, which was still faster than the other bitter one; 2) there is a very considerable difference in the colors that I see on known LSD and what I saw then, like a significant heavy blues vs heavy reds kind of thing, and the geometry I saw on that trip was much more intricate and full of random detail and more fast-moving than the patterns I see on LSD now, but again at least some of that could be because those were some of my first trips; and 3) the first time I tried it I only took two hits and tripped for about fourteen hours, whereas that much LSD now will only keep me out for about eight, and there is tolerance involved like that's usually not a satisfying dose for me, but even with that factored in that's a significant difference.

On the other hand, the thing that always gave me such trouble with it was the fact that the head trip was indeed one of the most LSD-like things I have experienced, and certainly was not similar to that other blotter or things that I just thought of in relation to the DOx chemicals in general. The second time I tried it I took five hits and I was suddenly engulfed by lips mumbling nonsense and literally came to standing in the middle of the street outside at night. Unfortunately my memory of that trip is hazy possibly because I smoked cannabis with it for the first time (immediately before the aforementioned thing happened) and I really don't remember how long it lasted, or even much after that moment if I'm being perfectly honest.... The third time I took it I ended up taking ten hits and that was just lovely, there was extreme synesthesia and visuals like I have not experienced since, everything twisting, bending, breathing, pulsing, multiplying, pinwheeling, reaching, and at one point there was even a direct connection between tangible visuals and the passage of time. Even at this dose though, I remember feeling like I was mostly "done" tripping by the time we were heading to a club half a day later, but while we were there (and this is where it all comes together, yaesutom) I very distinctly remember staring around at the walls and noticing that everything looked like a high definition boxey spaceship, the box feeling was even making itself into little 3D spire visuals. It's so interesting that you would say that because I had completely forgotten about that.... When we were at the club that night I ended up taking a tab, but I honestly don't remember feeling that it even did something. The whole time I just felt fantastic after coming out of that trip and I couldn't stop talking to my friends about everything that had happened. Unfortunately, that was the last time I really ever got to experiment with those blotters... and thus I am just left with questions.

I know that nothing can be proven definitively, but this as has really brought up some interesting thoughts that I had previously laid to rest. I'll tell you what, I have a good eye and a good memory for psychedelic visuals.... One of these days I'm going to get the chance to try this DOC somehow, and I'm definitely going to know if the effects it produces are the same as what I got from those blotters... and if they are, you can bet I'm going to go to all those people who said they were LSD and say "I fucking knew it!"

Just re-read this. I have not tried DOPr again since this trip. Mostly because I am very busy between work, music and hanging out with my girlfriend (who trips with me from time to time but mostly I just spend sober time with her). A whole day is a lot of time to devote to a trip. But in less than a month she's going to be heading out of town for 2 months or so, and I'll find myself with a lot more alone time. I'm planning to take a 6mg dose of this in the next 2 months. I'll report back. :)

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it! :D I still can't find much that's been written about this one since that wave last year when it was all the rage. Definitely excited to hear more about what it has to offer!

Yeah seconded, interesting chemical.

On another note, it'd be best if you ended up hating it since it's gone now. Or maybe you reinstate the hype and it will be stocked again :D

This seems to be a pretty interesting and powerful psychedelic from the reports so far, so I'm sure the hype could be reinstated with enough help. :) There was a lot of discussion about it before when it was available and it's not really the kind of psychedelic that anyone can just take all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if more reports from those batches that got out still show up slowly over time.

I've personally got enough to build some concrete understanding of its effects too, I've just always either been on break or waiting for more information since I've had it. One of these days I'll have something to add on it too though, I wouldn't want to let it just sink into obscurity!

Yeah seconded, interesting chemical.

On another note, it'd be best if you ended up hating it since it's gone now. Or maybe you reinstate the hype and it will be stocked again :D

I managed to get a gram of it, a lifetime supply really. So I'm hoping I find it amazing at higher dosages. :) Though I doubt I will like it as much as DOC (which I also have a lifetime supply of).

Still haven't taken my 5mg dose. I plan to do it sometime in the next few months. Along with a higher dose of DOiP, and full doses of DOB and DOI.