• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOPr (2.55mg) - First Time - First Low-Dose Trial and Observations

Yeah the lack of bodyload is pretty great. I suspect I may still prefer DOC overall (though who can tell at this point), DOC is a wonderful substance, but it does have more of a bodyload (though still not a lot). Mostly I feel I have to be doing active things on it except if I'm tripping hard and peaking perhaps. There's a lot of energy that needs an outlet. But the euphoria is more of the giddy type of euphoria and as I mentioned there is a plateau stage that's just sublime.

Cool, yeah the above reasons are why I'm saving the DOC that I have. I want to use it on an occasion instead of the good ol' weekend throw down. :)

I'm sort of impervious to a lot of negative side effects, so I'm not really worried about the safety profile of DOC. I'll just start low, per usual with new substances.

But yeah, that DOPr. Ah, I wish I had a copious amount of it too. I wish I found out before this year so that I could've had more time to trip. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. I know I did from the small amount that I got. :)

I guess I will find more physical disturbance when I try an increased dose of DOM (5-6mg) in comparison to DOPr, just looking at the reports.

It looks like DOPr can be really something to highlight on the psychedelic amphetamine family due its lack of negative effects. It really looks like something enjoyable by most persons exploring it. I could sleep at T+12 with a low dose of DOM, but never with DOC. Do you think you are able to sleep before the effects end?

The first time I've tried DOC was at something between 2 and 3 mgs. I really enjoyed it as my first trip [my friend had a lot of better things for the first time... but he was evil :)], but the vasoconstriction is something that really disturbed me. I guess I never found the sweet spot with DOC since I always got this side effect from it. I think it's the compound that most vasoconstriction provoked on me, but I find it VERY enjoyable.

DOM, MEM and TMA-6 are the psychedelic amphetamines that I last tried this last 6 months and they don't give any sign of vasoconstriction regardless on the fact that needed dosage for full effects is higher than 30mg.

I've also tried DOI some years ago and I don't remember any side effects... It's pretty curious that from all the psychedelic amphetamines I've tried (DOC,DOI,DOM,MEM,TMA-6) the only one giving vasoconstriction is DOC. I've never tried DOB/Br-Dragon-FLY and don't plan to do so because its vasoconstriction side effects... at least that's what I constantly hear.

Could DOPr be the psychedelic amphetamine providing the least vasoconstriction/side effects in its family? If so, why DOM was the first one to get in the street market? Traditionally, safer/gentler compounds are first explored on the black market. Maybe and simply, it could very well be that, less experimentation was made on DOPr.

Well I was fairly drunk when I slept, but I do feel that I was so relaxed and non-stimulated that I may have been able to sleep. Hard to say for sure.

I didn't experience any vasconstriction from DOM either, but I didn't try it many times and I also never found a dose that gave me full effects (up to I think 12mg? But I had a lot of tolerance at the time unfortunately so real conclusions can't be drawn).

I think DOM was discovered first, that's a likely reason why. Plus the duration is shorter than for any of the other DOXs I can think of.

It is interesting that DOPr is hardly trialed at all, but many of the other DOx chems were/are. Either that, or people mysteriously didn't report on it all this time, but did so for many of the others. But I don't see that as being the case. It definitely doesn't seem to be as bad as DOB or DOI as far as negative side effects are concerned.

I remember a part of Kishka's report where she said she saw snakes on the ground, and how her friend that took it saw it too, so when I tried DOPr as well I thought that it was the nature of the visuals. Particularly that they aren't tryptamine/lsd/phenethylamine-like, but it's like the field of vision sort of vibrates and breathes/waves very slightly together in unison. I saw this the most looking at a lawn (lol) with its many blades of grass. It's not all-out like a tryptamine would be minus the vibration, and objects don't warp like lsd would either. I just have a feeling that that is another of DOPr's characteristics (unless the other DOXs are like that too). So I could see how she perceived the snakes like that. IIRC since I'm too lazy to check, I think she took a hefty dose too, somewhere around 6-7mg?

So how Xorkoth's trials go around that dosage level would provide a lot of insight in total, and since it has been rarely used/reported it would be nice to round it out. Some effects are subjective and will affect people differently, but some are constant too, and I'm sure the info would prove to be very useful for anyone else in the future that ends up trying it. The fact that Shulgin theorized it would be heavy and one of the longest durations out of the DOXs definitely intrigued me (much the same as how 2C-P interested me too), and so...more reports would be nice, and I'd prefer Xorkoth's since he's very experienced with the DOXs.

Plus, it's just many hours of enjoyment. Besides all of that, there is plenty of recreation to be had on this one. Like miprocin, there is zero body load for me so there goes my <3. :)

Thanks for the report on this Xorkoth. It is nice to read such detail on such a little used chem. I have never tried any DOx, but reading these reports sort of wets the whisle. :)

It is interesting that DOPr is hardly trialed at all, but many of the other DOx chems were/are. Either that, or people mysteriously didn't report on it all this time, but did so for many of the others. But I don't see that as being the case. It definitely doesn't seem to be as bad as DOB or DOI as far as negative side effects are concerned.

I remember a part of Kishka's report where she said she saw snakes on the ground, and how her friend that took it saw it too, so when I tried DOPr as well I thought that it was the nature of the visuals. Particularly that they aren't tryptamine/lsd/phenethylamine-like, but it's like the field of vision sort of vibrates and breathes/waves very slightly together in unison. I saw this the most looking at a lawn (lol) with its many blades of grass. It's not all-out like a tryptamine would be minus the vibration, and objects don't warp like lsd would either. I just have a feeling that that is another of DOPr's characteristics (unless the other DOXs are like that too). So I could see how she perceived the snakes like that. IIRC since I'm too lazy to check, I think she took a hefty dose too, somewhere around 6-7mg?

So how Xorkoth's trials go around that dosage level would provide a lot of insight in total, and since it has been rarely used/reported it would be nice to round it out. Some effects are subjective and will affect people differently, but some are constant too, and I'm sure the info would prove to be very useful for anyone else in the future that ends up trying it. The fact that Shulgin theorized it would be heavy and one of the longest durations out of the DOXs definitely intrigued me (much the same as how 2C-P interested me too), and so...more reports would be nice, and I'd prefer Xorkoth's since he's very experienced with the DOXs.

Plus, it's just many hours of enjoyment. Besides all of that, there is plenty of recreation to be had on this one. Like miprocin, there is zero body load for me so there goes my <3. :)

DOC's visuals, to me, have this quality where everything appears covered in "DOC ooze"... like this gelatin-like transparent covering on everything that begins to become covered in vibrations and fractals as the dose goes higher. Also lots of trails, and an absolutely gorgeous color enhancement. Clouds also twist and morph. Sounds different from your explanation of the DOPr visuals but I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

I think that DOPr was just never made available except perhaps in very small amounts, unlike DOB, DOI, DOC, and DOM. Same with DOET. It's clearly out there in some small amount, as reports exist (barely), but I believe that's the reason. Just chance. :)

Thank you for a well written and informative report :)
I am very much looking forward to your impression of DOF.

It's hypothesized to be a simple stimulant, it's not even tested in PIHKAL. I'm not aware of any reports on it though, just a few scattered pieces of information that it's probably not potent and very well might not be psychedelic. I don't really have high hopes but at some point I'll work up to a dosage that's active and report on it, then we can have an anecdotal report.

These are some interesting chemicals you have here! I have to admit that psychedelic amphetamines are not a huge priority of mine, but I do enjoy learning about them and it's nice to get some insight from someone who has used them so much, especially about lesser known chemicals such as this. I am looking forward to your reports on the others as well, and thanks for sharing this one.

I was wondering, and excuse me if I missed it, but did you ever say what your blood pressure normally is on average? I couldn't tell if it ever got back to what you would consider normal or not, and I'm curious to know how much of a difference it made exactly.

I have taken it on a variety of occasions while sober (I use caffeine in the mornings though) and it seems to average around 130/70 and 72 bpm.

I'm partial to psychedelic amphetamines. I think DOC is still going to be my favorite but DOPr is definitely second place. I have the opportunity to try DOET now too. Not sure whether my next trip will be a low-end dose of that, or a full dose of DOPr.

I have taken it on a variety of occasions while sober (I use caffeine in the mornings though) and it seems to average around 130/70 and 72 bpm.

I'm partial to psychedelic amphetamines. I think DOC is still going to be my favorite but DOPr is definitely second place. I have the opportunity to try DOET now too. Not sure whether my next trip will be a low-end dose of that, or a full dose of DOPr.

Thank you very much for responding, that is good to know. :) It paints a lighter picture than, say, assuming that you started at a typical 120/70.

I definitely am interested in them as I am with all psychedelics, but it's mostly the duration combined with the possibility of side effects that scares me off, and the fact that I just prefer the tryptamine headspace anyway. I have to say that the way you described DOPr as easy on the body definitely makes it sound more intriguing though, and it does kind of sound more like my kind of trip than I've felt the halogenated ones have.

I certainly am excited to know what you will think of DOET as well, reports from those with as much experience in this area as yourself as very valuable!

The tryptamine headspace is a very different thing, and I've been exploring it more often recently. I love the DOXs for their specific type of effect (which I have noticed the most with DOC), which is a focused sort of very mentally on sort of thing. I don't use them for deep explorations, I use them for things like hikes, and social exploration, and playing music. Two different tools. It's true that there are some risks involved, and caution should be taken, and it's true that their durations can be prohibitive (personally I enjoy long durations when the effects are good the whole time). Personally though, I'm a fan.

They definitely do sound interesting, and I can understand how they could be great for social interaction. 2C-I is honestly the only phenethylamine I've ever gotten to really experiment with and I remember the first time I took it with a close friend, I was truly amazed that our conversation flowed so openly and easily without a single spacey "Whaaa...?" or anything like that ever being said heh, and overall I had a blast. I can enjoy being around friends on tryptamines, but truthfully never as much as I enjoy being alone on them. I really wish I could use them for hiking too, that seems like an excellent use of time and energy, but unfortunately we've got nothing but plains around here.... I guess that's another worry of mine, having thirty hours or so of energy to burn off with nothing to do but pace around the apartment. Actually, I have to ask, does cannabis change the character of the experience much? Really, my main worries would just be having too much energy for too long in a cramped space, vasoconstriction, and nausea, and I would hope that the THC would at least help with the last two.... I can say that smoking enough will definitely help me just sit down and zone out on 2C-I rather than running around, can it cut through these trips the same way? I actually feel that I could probably use that focus quite effectively if I could just sit down and enjoy nature and think about life.... I just really don't need any extra energy when I'm just at home, I already have way too much as it is while sober lol.

Also, I've been reading over your trip report again, and I have to ask something.... You say that with DOC there are two phases of the trip, and the second one is more euphoric and sociable and comparable to what you experienced with DOPR, but the first one is more of a "full-on trip". Could you explain what you mean by that in this case? And is this something you have experienced with other DOx chemicals as well?

Yeah with DOC/DOI/DOB I definitely need to have an activity to vent my physical energy with... hiking/camping/anything outdoors is ideal but it could also be just something where I'm walking around, a museum maybe, or even just being able to lay on the floor and stretch through the energy while conversing with a friend or something. I mean I always prefer nature on psychedelics and sober and just about any time anyway. With DOPr I felt comfortable without having an activity.

Weed mixes fine with them. Like with any psychedelic, if you smoke during the earlier stages, it will make it get stronger quite suddenly. Generally I like this but there have been a few times with DOC, in earlier years, where I was tripping pretty hard already and I smoked during the peak and it kicked it up a bit too far. DOC is easygoing so I handled it fine but I would have preferred for it to be a little less intense. Smoking post-peak mostly just seems to be pleasant, not synergistic. I wouldn't say much cuts through a DOX trip... even benzos can only really put me down at the trailing end when I'm still not tired but the trip is pretty much over. Also as you can imagine, it does help if you get nausea... I don't really from DOXs but I have from DOC a few times, especially when I hadn't done it as much. If you experience vasoconstriction on DOC, taking L-Arginine beforehand should pretty much ameliorate that (I should get more, since I do often get vasoconstriction from DOC).

Also, I've been reading over your trip report again, and I have to ask something.... You say that with DOC there are two phases of the trip, and the second one is more euphoric and sociable and comparable to what you experienced with DOPR, but the first one is more of a "full-on trip". Could you explain what you mean by that in this case? And is this something you have experienced with other DOx chemicals as well?

Keep in mind this may be related to dosage. But what I noticed in fairly equivalent potency doses of DOPr and DOC is that DOPr felt the same throughout the entire duration. It was a calm feeling, there was minor psychedelia but I felt entirely in control of myself and really quite sober. There was no amount of real mental alteration except for alterations in my mood, patience, and things like that. But with DOC, the first half is distinct from the second half if the nature of its effects. It begins quickly and comparisons can be drawn to LSD... there is euphoria, some degree of disorientation, alteration of visual field, intensification of colors, and altered thought process. Also some amount of a sense of anxiety at having to deal with situations, until the come-up is over. I spend the whole first half/peak acclimating to this feeling and becoming more comfortable. Then around 10 hours in, it's like something lifts up off me and I feel perfect, outgoing, coherent, thoughtful, my mind analyzes everything it encounters. Words flow easily, I have supreme self-confidence physically and mentally, I feel a coursing euphoria, bordering on hypomania, but I also feel extremely centered, peaceful, and content. It's really one of my very favorite states of mind. I've been known to take DOC early in the day and go on some outdoor adventure, mainly so I have be in the plateau stage for some fun event that night like a show, or gathering, or what have you. I found the subjective psychedelic effects to be a good bit stronger from just 1mg of DOC than they were from 2.55mg of DOPr, which should be equipotent if not more potent (I did by the way take another 2.55mg dose except all at once a week or so after this one and it was a bit stronger but more or less the same).

I only tried DOB once and DOI twice so it's hard to really say, but I didn't feel it with DOPr and I don't recall feeling it with DOB or DOI, but with DOC, it happens every time I've taken it and I noticed it the first time.

This is all very interesting, thank you much for going into such detail. It's good to know that for this one I may not need to plan to be out of the house, but for the others I will definitely keep that in the back of my mind. Nature is definitely always awesome on psychedelics when I can get it, especially if it's dark and there's someone else there to make sure I don't kill my self so I don't have to hold myself back. :D The visuals I especially love, after one good night walk on LSD nothing else just ever compared again hehe....

I have to say, about DOC, you have really captured my interest. First of all, you've given me some more reason to believe that I haven't actually taken it already lol. I have only once in my life taken something which I'm absolutely sure was a DOx chemical, but I have no idea which one it was; I have always suspected DOB, but really don't have much subjective knowledge of them to compare to. All I had to go on before was an incredibly bitter taste and the account of my friend who took a few hits and tripped for a day and a half, but now something I can also say for sure is that my trip on it did not display this quality that you have described for DOC, it simply ramped up hard after maybe an hour and a half and pretty much stayed constant until it started fading and eventually wore off some eight hours later or so (it was a lower dose). I feel pretty confident in saying this because I can indeed relate what you said to LSD, as it gives me that crazy head trip for the first three to four hours and then a clean, lucid, euphoric feeling for the next eight to twelve, every single time.

Believe it or not, what got me the most about you said was not just the great euphoric second phase (though that does also sound splendid), but the first phase with the disorientation, altered thoughts, and overly intense synergism with cannabis. At least at this point in my life I'm at a place where my favorite thing about psychedelics is the delirium they can cause when they start to reach a point of cognitive overload, not necessarily in any ego loss kind of way but just mind warps in general. I find these states of mind to be fascinating and often quite enjoyable as long as I know that I'm safe during them, and this is a big part of why I'm so all about tryptamines, just because so many of them are so good at this. However, certain phenethylamines still interest me for this reason, such as 2C-E to name an easy example, but the ones that I have tried so far have been mostly clearheaded. Even that unidentified DOx chemical I tried felt very intoxicating in terms of feeling like a very strong high, but psychologically I would not say it was much of a trip. I was under the impression that most DOx family members with known effect profiles were like thus, but, alas, immediately after reading this I went to PiHKAL and found easily enough: "This is the works. There are visuals, and there are interpretive problems with knowing just where you really are." How I missed this before I do not know, but I am certainly intrigued now. This warrants much further study. :)

Oh, and yeah, unfortunately I no longer have the iron clad stomach I carried when I first started using psychedelics, and nowadays there's almost nothing that won't make me nauseous at least during the onset. I'm sure even with the amphetamines it would not be unbearable even if it was fairly bad, but it is good to know that cannabis helps there as well as I'd expect. That is also extremely useful to know about the L-arginine, for many situations. Thank you once again for the information and tips, that was a very helpful post!

Agreed with Xork, especially at the lower dosages there are two stages to DOC...the more psychedelic phase and then an adderall-like stage. I have a feeling you would really like DOC Kaleida...when I took 4mg it was astounding, nothing at ALL like a 2C...really it got me to ibogaland...serious hardcore tripping but it felt safe and clean.

I'm not sure I'd ever take that much again but it was something I'll never forget.

That really does sound like something, I had no idea that something like this was hidden away in this family of psychedelics. Thank you for sharing as well. :) Ibogaland, that's a big claim to make hehe.... Clearly I'm going to have to really look into this, that higher dose definitely sounds like something I'd like to try at least once. How long does a dose like that last? About where does DOC normally stretch out to?