• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Catnip?

Streetcow

Bluelighter
Does anyone know the effects dosage info and safety on getting high off cat nip?

Both my girlfriend and I tried this way before we met each other and neither of us really experienced anything. We both did it for the same reason, saw on erowid that it could be relaxing and being young we figured what the heck its worth a shot. She doesnt report feeling anything, other then anger when her bf at the time made fun of her for it, and neither did I or my friend i tried it with. I think most of these plants people say will provide a relaxing sensation really need to be brewed into a tea to work. It definitely does have some mild relaxing properties but i like to word it like this when it comes to these herbal dealies "it may be somewhat relaxing but it will not satisfy any drug seeking behavior or thoughts" if you are looking to get high you will be disappointed.

Good luck

Does anyone know the effects dosage info and safety on getting high off cat nip?

You can't get high on catnip. If you could I'm sure it would be more well documented beyond a few scattered reports on the internet of experiencing sensations that can be explained as placebo.

^this
I've been known to sometimes use catnip in joints instead of tobacco, but it is not an intoxicant.