• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

damn bridgewater out for season. i really thought they were a true superbowl contender, but if theyre gonna start shaun hill then forget it. They have to trade for Josh McCown imo. or else theyre just fighting for a playoff spot rather than a superbowl

Want to take (one of the last) opportunities to plug my Bluelight "play money" NFL betting game thread.

Jets/Giants game a Heartbreaker. Late fourth quarter turnover turns into a loss by small margin. All too familiar :(

Also, for your perusal — futures odds/payoffs as they stand today —

SUPER BOWL

England Patriots 7/1
Green Bay Packers 8/1
Seattle Seahawks 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Carolina Panthers 10/1
Arizona Cardinals 12/1
Denver Broncos 15/1
Minnesota Vikings 18/1
Cincinnati Bengals 20/1
Kansas City Chiefs 25/1
Indianapolis Colts 25/1
New York Giants 25/1
Dallas Cowboys 30/1
Oakland Raiders 30/1
Baltimore Ravens 35/1
Houston Texans 45/1
Washington Redskins 50/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 60/1
New York Jets 60/1
New Orleans Saints 65/1
Chicago Bears 70/1
Atlanta Falcons 70/1
Philadelphia Eagles 70/1
Miami Dolphins 70/1
Buffalo Bills 75/1
Tampa Bay Buccanneers 75/1
Los Angeles Rams 80/1
San Diego Chargers 80/1
Detroit Lions 80/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1
San Francisco 49ers 150/1
Cleveland Browns 200/1

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Green Bay Packers 9/2
Seattle Seahawks 23/5
Carolina Panthers 6/1
Arizona Cardinals 13/2
Carolina Panthers 6/1
Minnesota Vikings 8/1
New York Giants 13/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/1
Washington Redskins 20/1
Chicago Bears 30/1
New Orleans Saints 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Detroit Lions 35/1
Philadelphia Eagles 35/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40/1
Los Angeles Rams 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 50/1

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

New England Patriots 13/4
Pittsburgh Steelers 11/2
Denver Broncos 7/1
Cincinnati Bengals 17/2
Kansas City Chiefs 10/1
Indianapolis Colts 12/1
Oakland Raiders 15/1
Baltimore Ravens 17/1
Houston Texans 22/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1
Miami Dolphins 25/1
New York Jets 30/1
Buffalo Bills 30/1
San Diego Chargers 38/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1

NFC East

New York Giants +175
Dallas Cowboys +240
Washington Redskins +240 Philadelphia Eagles +600

NFC South

Carolina Panthers -240
Atlanta Falcons +650
New Orleans Saints +650
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +650

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks -110
Arizona Cardinals +140
Los Angeles Rams +750
San Francisco 49ers +2000

AFC East

New England Patriots -240
Buffalo Bills +700
New York Jets +700
Miami Dolphins +700

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers +120
Cincinnati Bengals +190
Baltimore Ravens +350
Cleveland Browns +1200

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts +150
Houston Texans +225
Jacksonville Jaguars +250
Tennessee Titans +800

Yes, I know, different odds styles from different sources. I'll unify it when I have the time.

Last edited:
There is no proof that brady deflated footballs. Or instructed anyone to deflate footballs

and why doesn't anyone ever talk about how the colts also had under inflated balls

Such a terrible look for the NFL. Trying to make an example out of Brady. After all he has done for the game of football. He's not just the best QB of all time, he's the greatest football player of all time.

I don't care if you hate the patriots, idk how fans of football can be ok with the NFL completely destroying Brady's reputation.

Welcome to Goodelland. Been this way since he took over for Tagliabue. Goodell is one of those men of such incompetence and corruption that he is indelibly gauranteed his lifetime appointment at the head of the table of any organization as ultra-corporate as the NFL.

It's why he gets boo'd offstage (not that he ever actually takes the hint and goes off) of every NFL Draft he takes place in.

So many bad decisions. From making an issue out and over-suspending for player's off-field behavior issues which nobody gave a shit about (often penalizing players who were either aquitted of or no longer charged with breaking some law, guilty by virtue of having been charged with something at some point by his logic), to penalizing on-field celebration and acts of showmanship which were universally enjoyed by both players and fans, to contunuing (or more accurately, doubling down on) the NFL's longstanding tradition of denying the existence of and/or covering up Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, to mishandling the disciplinary situations where he actually had reason to get involved, and to generally or downright comically simply fucking up everything he touches. He was made for this shit. Built to be the figurehead of a multinational corporation. A laboratory itself couldn't have done it any better.

As for Brady, I'm glad he is suspended. Although fair enough my satisfaction with the situation comes purely out of being a Dolphins fan and a rabid and irrational homer at that, rather than from any place of truth or honor.

Also, Brady's reputation is fine. He's always been known as a cheater and an asshole; nothing changes. Belicheck and the Patriots are cheating assholes too. At the end of the day this doesn't matter, because history will remember them for winning four Superbowls and smashing every passing record there is, and all the cheating stuff will only be a footnote that nobody gives a shit about.

Ultimately, the Patriots won because they had more talent and better coaching than their opposition, and I highly doubt all the cheatey and underhanded shit they have done even figured into the result. The cheating is just there as an accountrement to frame their generally unsportsmanlike and scumbaggish personalities.

even if you hate the pats with every fiber of your being, any football fan should take issue with goodell's actions around deflategate...

alasdair

even if you hate the pats with every fiber of your being, any football fan should take issue with goodell's actions around deflategate...

alasdair

Any football fan should take issue with pretty much every one of Goodell's actions around anything since he became commissioner.

At least this one helps my Dolphins' chances of winning when we meet week two of the season ;)

I think they take seattle at home for the opener.. you guys were so good last year.. just couldn't pull it off in the very end.. hope you guys figured that little bit of heart out and crush the chickens.. love to see the scummy "12th man"shut the fuck up

That spreads one of the best gimmes i have ever seen i think.. free money?

Last edited:
^yep :)

Fuck yeah clutch timeout at the end. Made up for the sloppy penalties that almost gave the game away. I love watching cam newton lose, but not as much as I like watching him get pulverized by my Broncos.

Fuck yeah. 1-0

This seasons in the books... time for a new thread. Who ever fires it up please consider linking this thread as it predecessor