• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin got a contract extension! couldn't be happier with how the Rooneys, truly the class of NFL owners, have run their team in my lifetime (and even in my father's). the "Rooney Rule" gives equal opportunity to minority coaches and was ground-breaking in it's emergence. while your crappy NFL team has gone thru 12 coaches in 10 years; mine has had what? 2 in 25 years??

perhaps this is a Steelers SB season? their defense sucks, but that hardly means what it used to mean in Goodell's modern NFL

design-201-2013-06-25-12-43-12.jpg

football fans are funny. they are willing to overlook the most egregious crimes committed by their own players but if a player on an opposing player farts in public, it's a war crime.

you're pretty sure that the steelers are going to mash the pats with garoppolo under center?

i think he has the mechanics: good feet, good release, good strength and good accuracy. but that's such a small part of it. game management is important and obviously, he's no replacement for brady's talent and experience there. but the pats have proved, time and time and time again, that they can coach to win and he'll be getting help from a solid ground game and game-calling designed to make the most of his talents.

you think it's going to be a blood bath but your steelers were 18th overall in defense last year (27th against the pass and 6th against the run), pretty average.

i know this is a game the pats will have to fight hard to win but i think it could be a lot closer than you think.

it's early, but vegas has the pats at -6 to -6.5 faves.

alasdair

while your crappy NFL team has gone thru 12 coaches in 10 years; mine has had what? 2 in 25 years?
my crappy nfl team has 4 superbowls in that period. your team has 2.

ask the team owner if he'd rather win superbowls or focus on low coach turnover? we both know the answer.

you're funny jim.

alasdair

the only thing the Pats have going for them, in avoiding an absolute blood bath, is Steelers All-Pro LeVeon Bell will be out for the game

our defense is atrocious, but I don't have any faith in Jimmy "the Jet." sure, best case scenario he turns out to be a Matt Cassel, but I extremely doubt it in this case (even with Steelers D so sub-par)

Pats VS Steelers is Dynasty VS Dynasty. we're getting into semantics here, and we both bleed for our teams, but face it - this is West Egg VS East Egg. you are the New Money; I am the old money. all that matters in pro-football (which I love) is Lombardi Trophies. my team has more, though any NFL fan should rightfully be jealous of your team's recent success

good luck to you - but I can't wait to win on your own Opening Day :)

football fans are funny. they are willing to overlook the most egregious crimes committed by their own players but if a player on an opposing player farts in public, it's a war crime.

Bills players could get caught eating live unborn fetuses for their stemcells as a performance-enhancing drug and I wouldn't give a shit.

Example: LeSean McCoy just posted an invite to an orgy on his Instagram. Reportedly, to attend you must be female, must send him a picture first so he can decide if you're hot enough, and sign a nondisclosure agreement for that night. If Rob Gronkowski did that I'd call him a sleazeball. But I'm calling McCoy a pimp.

mccoy-434x437jpg-f8eb9ba95819dd4a.jpg

i dunno guys the cvhargers are looking strong as ever with gordon as RB, we got jacoby jones on special teams,woodhead,stevie johnson,allen,floyd, and ingram is a beast

rivers is pissed off and wants to win.

really dont see the broncos being a powerhouse like the last couple years

Maybe not a powerhouse but we'll probably still win the division and beat you guys. Probably a couple times. :)

Any of you folks participate in fantasy football? Specifically auction-based?

rough like when you hang onto a rapist quarterback because your second stringer is an ex tampa bay, cleveland and oakland loser?

:)

alasdair

Still a comedian I see. ;)

I don't give passes to any player for their individual behavior or choices but what I really dislike is an organization that has now been busted twice for breaking rules of the game itself. And yet the fans of that team have the gall to talk smack about other teams and players. [Insert glass houses and throwing rocks saying here]

I know I know I know.....blah blah blah nothing of what the Patsies got busted for affected or allegedly did not affect the outcome of said football games. Then why try to cheat? Inferiority complex? Or is someone playing with house money and ensuring themselves a championship "no matter what?" It just smells too much like....I dont know.....old style gangster tactics to me.

i think it sucks that the pats cheated. i'm not the new england patriots. just a fan.

my dad taught me that a man always pays when losing a bet. such a simple thing to do you would think but some people don't even have the simple integrity to do that. how's the view from the moral high-ground?

alasdair

Being a Rams fan has been, shall we say, rather unusual the last couple of years thanks to our dickbag owner and Jeff Fisher's boring boring offense. So here we go for another spin! Will I be rooting for the St. Louis Raiders this time next year?

i think it sucks that the pats cheated. i'm not the new england patriots. just a fan.

my dad taught me that a man always pays when losing a bet. such a simple thing to do you would think but some people don't even have the simple integrity to do that. how's the view from the moral high-ground?

alasdair

The crazy thing is is that if they would have just accepted the penalty and shut up, this would have all been forgotten in a couple years imo. Now it may be going to court and this will be remembered for decades.

I may revel in it all because I hate the Pats, but even I recognize it could have been a lot less of an ordeal than it is compared to all the other scandals plaguing the NFL. It's starting to border on ridiculousness because neither side will concede. But it's Tom Brady and the Patriots that will suffer because the "NFL" is a faceless organization that doesn't have a legacy to tarnish. Nobody will ever remember Roger Goodell was the commissioner during all of this. Everyone WILL remember that Tom Brady was involved.

football fans are funny. they are willing to overlook the most egregious crimes committed by their own players but if a player on an opposing player farts in public, it's a war crime.-

Hernandez killed a guy?

Wes Welker got caught poppin molly

they signed Blount after he got arrested earlier that year and cried his way out of shittsburgh?

i agree with axl, I just assume all of these guys have skeletons in the closet. some of them have actual skeletons in an industrial park

The crazy thing is is that if they would have just accepted the penalty and shut up, this would have all been forgotten in a couple years imo. Now it may be going to court and this will be remembered for decades.

I may revel in it all because I hate the Pats, but even I recognize it could have been a lot less of an ordeal than it is compared to all the other scandals plaguing the NFL. It's starting to border on ridiculousness because neither side will concede.
yep :(

alasdair

alasdair
hahahaha still butthurt eh? You make it too easy, thanks.
dawson_crying.jpg