Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think this could be what's happening though i have so many problems

It isn't. And even if it was, there's nothing that can be done about it other than get plenty of sleep, de-stress, exercise, and eat well. There is no magic cure for the difficulties that can be experienced after drug use.

I know it's difficult, but it does (gradually) get better. You can speed the process along by being very gentle with yourself and living healthily. Thats all there is to it.

As others have said, medication may help you and it may not. Personally, and this opinion is shared by most doctors I've spoke to, anti-depressant medication is best used only if the person is unable to function without it, due to the risk of side effects. Still, your doctor is the best person to make that call, not me.

Try to take your mind off it. Do something non-stressful that requires 100% focus.

All the best man.

Im really flabbergasted that all you guys have so many body symptoms, i dont have any, except for some numbness in my touch sense sometimes, but that could be related to blood pressure. Has anyone developed severe social anxiety? because thats my main issue right now, and a little bit depressed. And HPPD
Same for me. Except from ocassional munbness and shortness of breath, there are no body symptoms for me. And yes, I have to deal with social anxiety and depression as well. I have some visual disturbance, floaters and stuff like that, but this cant't make me nuts anymore. I don't even care. But (social)anxiety and depression sucks!

I can speak to extreme social anxiety to the point of people thinking I am fucked up. I have lost all my friends in the past 2.5 years from this. I just can't have a great time talking to people anymore . it so stupid that even when I'm walking in a gas station I constantly analayze what I say to the clerk . its so stupid.

It isn't. And even if it was, there's nothing that can be done about it other than get plenty of sleep, de-stress, exercise, and eat well. There is no magic cure for the difficulties that can be experienced after drug use.

I know it's difficult, but it does (gradually) get better. You can speed the process along by being very gentle with yourself and living healthily. Thats all there is to it.

As others have said, medication may help you and it may not. Personally, and this opinion is shared by most doctors I've spoke to, anti-depressant medication is best used only if the person is unable to function without it, due to the risk of side effects. Still, your doctor is the best person to make that call, not me.

Try to take your mind off it. Do something non-stressful that requires 100% focus.

All the best man.
I know what you mean but I'm trying to explain to family but they don't really understand and are telling me to take ssri but they actually make me so ill its so hard just now .. I kind of went through the same thing when I was 17 Took me years .. Now ive stupidly got myself into this state again such a mistake. I'm going to see a neurologist Ias there any sort of scan that can see the serotonin system ? I've heard a spect scan can see this and can detect neurotoxcity etc so hoping to get one of them for peice of mind

i used once a month and rolls got weaker each month stoped when i got sighns of depression. But Apparently I Read someone that the good feelings "you using the first time and will always be the best." maybe best for mental effects but 5 to 6 Months I wait 6 to be safe side to dumb it down they and i qoute said "basically when u take the drug a Receptor or some break apart and hence you get the FLOOD of Serotonin Now you wont experience negative effects except an after glow next Day But.

it only works if you get sunshine 45 mins once a week 15 mins per day maximum...... Now your Body Produces most of it's Serotonin in 1 month especially using in august and feb for Me one per 6 months twice a year but it feels like im rolling for the VERY FIRST TIME!

bOTTOM LINE if you wanna feel what it was like to roll for first time with full effects and not damaging your brain then use it every 6 Months.

i used once a month and rolls got weaker each month stoped when i got sighns of depression. But Apparently I Read someone that the good feelings "you using the first time and will always be the best." maybe best for mental effects but 5 to 6 Months I wait 6 to be safe side to dumb it down they and i qoute said "basically when u take the drug a Receptor or some break apart and hence you get the FLOOD of Serotonin Now you wont experience negative effects except an after glow next Day But.

it only works if you get sunshine 45 mins once a week 15 mins per day maximum...... Now your Body Produces most of it's Serotonin in 1 month especially using in august and feb for Me one per 6 months twice a year but it feels like im rolling for the VERY FIRST TIME!

bOTTOM LINE if you wanna feel what it was like to roll for first time with full effects and not damaging your brain then use it every 6 Months.

Wrong thread bro...

I can speak to extreme social anxiety to the point of people thinking I am fucked up. I have lost all my friends in the past 2.5 years from this. I just can't have a great time talking to people anymore . it so stupid that even when I'm walking in a gas station I constantly analayze what I say to the clerk . its so stupid.

Dude you have to get out of this. Thought about a therapy? I think the only reason for LTCs lasting such a long timespan is cause some of us develope different problems during this hard time. The sideeffects of all this are f.e. depression, social anxiety, isolation, low self esteem and so on. The longer we stuck in there, the worse it gets. That's why some of us should think about SSRIs or therapy, at least self therapgy by reading some CBT or Mindfulness books. Don't let this shit ruin your social life.

@ryan: You have been into a "LTC" few years ago? What was the trigger?

I know what you mean but I'm trying to explain to family but they don't really understand and are telling me to take ssri but they actually make me so ill its so hard just now .. I kind of went through the same thing when I was 17 Took me years .. Now ive stupidly got myself into this state again such a mistake. I'm going to see a neurologist Ias there any sort of scan that can see the serotonin system ? I've heard a spect scan can see this and can detect neurotoxcity etc so hoping to get one of them for peice of mind

Again, it's unlikely that seeing the neurologist is going to give you a cure. It might shine light on which areas of your brain have more/less activity than normal, but they can't medicate it. I'm not trying to discourage, on the contrary, I'm trying to encourage you to stop looking for answers to a question that can't be answered in full. The best answer anyone, medical professional or not, can give you, is that you are suffering from extreme stress. The catalyst for this event was caused by the hormone and neurotransmitter overload caused by either the MDMA comedown, or the experience itself.

Things that help me

1) 10 minute cold shower morning and evening
2) 20 minutes (at least) meditation a day. More if I have time.
3) Hypnosis. There's a lot of good ones on YouTube. It's surprisingly effective and I was very skeptical at first.
4) Brain training apps. There's one called Fit Brains that I use. It's fun, interesting and requires 100% focus. If costs money but it tracks your progress. It might also prove to you you're not as fucked up as you think.
5) SLEEP. 12 hours a day if you can manage it. Preferably not all in one go, take naps.
6) Avoid caffeine. I thought it was helping me at first, but it raises cortisol and causes a crash, the last thing you need right now. Avoid cigarettes and processed sugar.
7) Laugh. Especially at yourself. There is a funny side to EVERY situation.

I also had a low period when I was 18 ( a few years ago). This was caused by weed. I had all the symptoms of an LTC, minus some of the more unusual physical symptoms. It took me about a year to fully recover from that, which was a damn sight less stressful on my body than an MDMA binge.

But I'm the sort of high-energy, strung out guy that is very sensitive to anything that knocks me out of homeostatis. This is behaviour I've learnt, combined with a genetic disposition to feel emotions strongly (not a genetic disposition to be neurotic: no such gene exists).

Hang in there bro. Given time, you will get better. Focus on what you want, not on what you don't want.

Dude you have to get out of this. Thought about a therapy? I think the only reason for LTCs lasting such a long timespan is cause some of us develope different problems during this hard time. The sideeffects of all this are f.e. depression, social anxiety, isolation, low self esteem and so on. The longer we stuck in there, the worse it gets. That's why some of us should think about SSRIs or therapy, at least self therapgy by reading some CBT or Mindfulness books. Don't let this shit ruin your social life.

@ryan: You have been into a "LTC" few years ago? What was the trigger?[/QUOTEmust have been about 6 years ago went on holiday took 4 ecstasy in the one stupid I know but anyway It took me about 4 years to recover .. It's very very hard to deal with I feel so depressed today and high anxiety but I don't think it's just this causing the way I feel

Again, it's unlikely that seeing the neurologist is going to give you a cure. It might shine light on which areas of your brain have more/less activity than normal, but they can't medicate it. I'm not trying to discourage, on the contrary, I'm trying to encourage you to stop looking for answers to a question that can't be answered in full. The best answer anyone, medical professional or not, can give you, is that you are suffering from extreme stress. The catalyst for this event was caused by the hormone and neurotransmitter overload caused by either the MDMA comedown, or the experience itself.

Things that help me

3) Hypnosis. There's a lot of good ones on YouTube. It's surprisingly effective and I was very skeptical at first.
4) Brain training apps. There's one called Fit Brains that I use. It's fun, interesting and requires 100% focus. If costs money but it tracks your progress. It might also prove to you you're not as fucked up as you think.
5) SLEEP. 12 hours a day if you can manage it. Preferably not all in one go, take naps.
6) Avoid caffeine. I thought it was helping me at first, but it raises cortisol and causes a crash, the last thing you need right now. Avoid cigarettes and processed sugar.

I also had a low period when I was 18 ( a few years ago). This was caused by weed. I had all the symptoms of an LTC, minus some of the more unusual physical symptoms. It took me about a year to fully recover from that, which was a damn sight less stressful on my body than an MDMA binge.

But I'm the sort of high-energy, strung out guy that is very sensitive to anything that knocks me out of homeostatis. This is behaviour I've learnt, combined with a genetic disposition to feel emotions strongly (not a genetic disposition to be neurotic: no such gene exists).

Hang in there bro. Given time, you will get better. Focus on what you want, not on what you don't want.
Thanks so much I understand what your staying its just easier said than done just keep thinking back why did I do it. Will I ever recover. I also have a girlfriend who is 100% behind me but feel so bad putting her through this.

Things that help me

Just one more thing to ask is there any way of increasing serotonin in the brain apart from ssri ? honestly can't handle side effects from them.

Thanks to everybody helping me out here appreciate it so much and hope everybody gets through this hard time

So do you guys reckon i suffered a heart attack or?? these physical symptons are different from anyones.. maybe mine is not LTC related but actual damage, infact mine sounds alot like a guy called first bad come downs if you have seen his posts?! except i can live day to day quite easily just in pain, the only things i have left are floaters, heart beat around body which i have learn to counter guys ! just tap anywhere on your body and concentrate on that till you fall asleep (works for me). And the pains that never fucking go away... Thanks

Just one more thing to ask is there any way of increasing serotonin in the brain apart from ssri ? honestly can't handle side effects from them.

Thanks to everybody helping me out here appreciate it so much and hope everybody gets through this hard time

Sunlight. Modern humans get nowhere near as much sunlight as we should. Other than going outside or using one of those artificial lamps designed to simulate UV, the only other option is vitamin D3 supplementation. Take 2000-4000 IU of vitamin d3 a day: another benefit of this is that it helps hormonal production, I read a study somewhere that it can raise testosterone in men.

So do you guys reckon i suffered a heart attack or?? these physical symptons are different from anyones.. maybe mine is not LTC related but actual damage, infact mine sounds alot like a guy called first bad come downs if you have seen his posts?! except i can live day to day quite easily just in pain, the only things i have left are floaters, heart beat around body which i have learn to counter guys ! just tap anywhere on your body and concentrate on that till you fall asleep (works for me). And the pains that never fucking go away... Thanks

How do you feel when you exercise? If you don't get any pains or unusual shortness of breath, then it's highly unlikely. The heart is just a muscle, it works like other muscles.

Also, a heart attack isn't just a bit of pain, it's like an elephant standing on your chest. If you had a heart attack, you wouldn't be wondering if you'd had one or not, trust me.

I also have an awareness of heartbeat that was driving me nuts a few months ago. I think it's to do with malfunctioning cortisol production, cortisol affects the cardiovascular system in various ways. Other than chilling out, the only thing I find that helps is magnesium citrate supplementation. I take 400mg before bed every day.

Last edited:
Cheers man! ill defs get some, im fine with exercise... so i dunno what the fuck this shit is but it hurts like a mofo

@nnzo , You should do an echo but what short term expert says is correct. If this pain is exertional then it might be the heart. An echo will show damage if any which will be explained by the ejection fraction or the movement of the walls . but the more continuous the pain the more likely it is not a heart problem. It could be very tight chest muscle caused by the ltc which i have. If you have a heart problem the pain will increase and end up in something happening. Trust me i have been through the loop with heart damage because the symptoms. I was worried that 5ht2 activation would cause damage as seen in phen phen users or some research chem users but my echo was fine thank god. Short term expert is correct in saying that hormonal imbalances will do the same thing to the heart.

@ Ryan23 . You said it took your 4 years to recover from your 1st ltc. can you be more specific? If you are feeling to bad you don't have to answer. Some advice the posters here are correct the neurologist will not be able to detect anything . Believe it or not medical science has come far but not that far. This damage is basically extreme chemical imbalances which cannot be seen yet with medical equipment maybe only a spect scan but take it with a grain of salt and not anything definitive. The brain has so much mechanisms and your body will always do its best to go towards homeostasis as long as your alive. There is also many back up systems in place that modern science does not know about. I was very similar to your ltc at the beginning but the difference is that you can be proactive and not be like me and just sit there for a whole year before i started doing anything. Walk 30 minutes a day . Talk to someone no matter how uncomfortable it may seem . Eat healthy and do not eat too much . Ignore all doctors unless they find something seriously wrong with you which I doubt. when you get stronger lift heavy weights with low reps to boost hormones up and hopefully you will start to be better. challenge yourself and you will be better, trust me man dont wait around like i did.

Wth are u guys talking about. Just get the out of that shitty thought patterns, u are all so depressed it gives me f**king headache. Just live healthy exercise ALOT and keep yourself busy, u will get over it. Unless ur one of those r***rds that one here

Wth are u guys talking about. Just get the out of that shitty thought patterns, u are all so depressed it gives me f**king headache. Just live healthy exercise ALOT and keep yourself busy, u will get over it. Unless ur one of those r***rds that one here

Tbf some people need to hear it that way. I find depressed feelings sometimes go away when they're dismissed. Simple as.

However, bare in mind that some seriously distress people come onto this thread. It might be better to tell them to "get over it" with a bit more tact :)

Oh, and if anyone who is reading this is seriously distressed right now, do this:

1) go to the bathroom
2) take the coldest shower possible for 10 minutes. I don't care if it's unbearable, do it.
3) focus on how the water feels..
4) when you get out of the shower, think of as many reasons as you can as to why you have it good in this life and what you're grateful for.

You can't be happy unless you're content with what you have.

Again, focus on what you want. Not on what you don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.