• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

HEAVY meth use - am I screwed?

I can’t say that I have had an equal experience because the longest I used was a year. I was an everyday all day smoker, and some days were party days some were work and just using it as a maintenance/ energy enhancer. But when I used/used it was during all my waking hours so I know your mode de employ.

I have always been into exercise, and as a matter of fact I work in the field, and did then. (Kind of ass backwards seeing as I am a smoker not another ROA. And being in exercise I certainly can feel the difference in my lung capacity, But it is what it is.)

Two times for periods of as I said 1 year and once maybe 10 months I used this way. Everyday all day except obviously when sleeping or if it was impossible for me to slip away. I’d work high, workout high, etc.

Both times I quit cold turkey, honesty I had none of the negative effects, possibly because it was only (only?) a year, possibly because I work out/worked out sometimes 2 times a day. Every day.

I think that my constant re-upping of endorphins maybe offset the lack of dopamine? Who knows. I was younger then by maybe 8 years.

I do recommend you do seek assistance you’ve been living on he stuff much much longer than I ever did. And though I had no choice but to cold turkey, because I don’t have the will power to ween down, easing up before the final quit might be an easier route for you, and make the withdrawal easier?

I suppose it would be wrong for me to not add the basic personal trainer disclaimers about exercising for smokers .

In general smokers (cigarettes) have higher risk for heart attack during exercise, and I bet meth smokers can be sure they have at least that same risk if not far more. So don’t go so hard you’re running out of breath looking for the endorphins rush. Build up your ability to go harder with time. Start your workout slowly, maybe 3-4 minutes easy, then go a little harder and cool it down the same way.

Over time you’ll be able to do more/go longer without huffing and puffing. The endorphins can kick in at moderate levels of exercise though not the runners high they speak of, it does release into you giving you a feeling of well being. (Endorphins are only one molecule away from morphine)

I think that’s how I got through my quitting without the depression side effects.
Best of luck, and maybe have a doctor assess your cardio strength before you go to a boot camp class!!

i was a heavy user for 3 years bout 2 grams a day with only one or two breaks for a week the whole time. didnt have any desire to quit until i lost the love of my life because of my meth use. binged for three days did half an ounce in three days and then kind of just woke up and told myself i was done... that this junk had destroyed my life. i havent touched it in 3 months. first 2 weeks i had splitting headaches and slept 15 hours a day. in my experience detox centers just help you find new contacts. but most of the guys in detox in my area are court ordered. i wish you luck. magnesium and vitamin d help with the depression

You?re definitely not screwed man. I?ve known so many people overcome years of several gram rock days and come out of it fine. The only downer is if you don?t want to give it up, eventually you?ll start looking how u don?t want to look. But then being healthy (don?t get me wrong, using some drugs just not meth) will help
Ur not screwed
It?s cool :)

Ur life isn?t ruined. People can come back from anything as long as u dont hurt anyone. And I doubt u would so ur good

It's going to be physical for a short period. What is be worried about is the mental part? What's the ROA. If you do IV I highly suggest you try to get a Rx for Adderall for something to help taper you off. Vitamin D and Magnesium. Take probiotics!! They help me with all kinds of things but it really helped me with the depression part of getting sober. It will help with serotonin. I swear by it. Just stay strong mentally. Cancel anyone that you could get meth from, friends family whoever till at least 6 months to a year. You need yo be strong mentally to be able to not be tempted.
I'm being a tad bit of a hypocrite as i haven't done any for 2 years and out of the blue my brother pops up (his drug of choice is H) and hands me this gram size bag of gear. And I knew I should have told him to dump it but here I am 47 hours in now. I'm not disappointed per say but just told myself how weak I am mentally. I just simply can't be around it.

Anywho, before this turns into a novel, I wish you well. Seek out someone you trust that's sober. And don't substitute your habit with a other habit. I personally turned to alcohol and it is terrible.

Edit: I reread and saw where you said smoke/vape. Man the pipe is hard to let go. Pipe and IV are ritualistic and hard to break. Good luck man. Just remember someone out there wants you to live and loves you.

Geez, I know exactly what you are going through, feeling so uncertain how bad the come down will be. I have also went a very long time without a come down and wonder myself what would happen if I suddenly was not able to or didn't have access to my dope. It's been so long that just like you, I really don't get very high I just do it more or less out of habit, all day every day. I'm very close to the 3 grams per day you say you are at. I would just like to learn how to taper down, even a third less, would have to help. My use causes me no financial problems, no family problems, no workplace problems and for the longest time I told myself I'd quit if it started causing me problems in any area of my life, but it just hasn't and so my use has progressed over the years. I am 100% functional too, I don't have the terrible lifestyle or look you see on TV or whatever... So you're not alone man, it's become such a part of me I don't know if I could let it go, especially since it's not causin me problems... I just don't know where to go from here either...

I'd say you are fucked. Despite what the first poster said, although it sounds good in theory, I'm a chronic meth user of about two years, and unlike you, I don't have a steady connection or the finances, so I end up getting a gram every few weeks and binging for 4-5 days then being in absolute hell for a week, then a few weeks of rapid cycling depression/mania.

If you do quit, be ready to go through absolute mental agony, first you will do nothing but eat and sleep for weeks, then, you will have many months of no motivation or energy, seriously, even cleaning up your home, combing your hair, and going outside to do errands will be a massive undertaking, not to mention the severe mood swings you will go through, you'll feel extremely depressed for long periods in the day, then suddenly, you'll get this ridiculous rush of manic euphoria that lasts far less than the depression. Oh, and any cognitive tasks will be much harder for you, not to mention you'll be very anti-social, anxious, and fucked.

How is he supposed to exercise when he's going to have zero energy or motivation? I do daily very long walks and dancing on the weekends, plus weight lifting when I can, but forget dancing without meth, and the walking or lifting cannot be done right after a crash. I also do meditation, I highly recommend that, but seriously, I've tried everything and it is just torture. I suppose you are lucky, because at least you don't crash like hell all the time like I do, but if you do stop, you'll have a much harder time than me if I were to stop.

EDIT: I don't want to sound cynical here, positive thinking is extremely beneficial, but it will be a brutal process to undertake, even with support, positive thinking, eating right, sleeping, exercise, meditation, it still fucking sucks. It actually isn't that hard to quit though, the real problem is staying quit. You'll make it a few weeks and then relapse hard, at least that's what keeps happening to me, maybe you have more willpower than I.

Meth withdrawal is worse than opiate withdrawal, in my opinion, because at least with opiate withdrawal, as hellish as it is, it basically involves being really sick for awhile, then MINOR (in comparison) psychological withdrawals. Not saying opiate withdrawal is fun, it is a seriously fucked thing to go through too, but meth withdrawal is far more evil as it were, because it takes much longer to truly get out of withdrawal than opiates, but it is so much more subtle than opiates, because aside from the initial crash of sleeping and eating, you don't really have any visible symptoms so you think you are fine and beat it when you are in a suddenly good mood in the mood swings, then it reverses and you get really fiending.
Fuck this shit cynical post. Ketamine is the answer, try two days 100mg doses, should help,at least for 2 weeks, then again, or try psychedelics.

What if you haven't been doing it for that long? You don't use much...a gram lasts ne about two weeks cos I don't take large doses and I use a candle tea light, I get way more out of it, it doesn't waste so much like a bic does. I could put in 50mg and it lasts ne about half an hour.

I want to do it cos it just makes things more funnier than sober, I'm more creative, I know what to say, I can look into things like text messaging and I dunno it's like I can read into them properly and I can tell if there bullshitting or not. I'm just spot on 100 per cent.

Last edited:
I've been using meth on a daily basis for the past 8 years. I have smoked at least 2 or 3 grams a day for the past 3 years, without a single break. It has always been very good/clean stuff. I literally haven't come down once. I really haven't experienced any negative effects from it thus far, but now that I'm a bit older (entering my 30s), I'm beginning to think it might be time to stop. I haven't come down for three years though and I'm pretty scared about how bad it is going to be. Does anyone have any similar experience with a comedown or quitting after such an extensive period of time of constant usage. Am I screwed?

OP how are you? and how was the comedown if u did one, I'm really curious