Site Injection Abscess Horror Story (pics)

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Keep things sterile guys, you don't want to end up like this guy 8o

See pics through the link below...

"Aids bacteria Mycobacterium fortuitum causes abscess in bodybuilder

A British bodybuilder who injected anabolic steroids into his pecs developed abscesses that had to be surgically removed. Doctors at the Medway Maritime Hospital in Kent describe the case in a medical journal. The abscesses were caused by a bacterium that according to the textbooks is only dangerous when the immune system is weakened – for example as a result of a disease like Aids. But it seems that the pathogen is also a risk to steroids users....."

http://www.ergo-log.com/aids-bacteria-mycobacterium-fortuitum-causes-abscess-in-bodybuilder.html

Dear lord.... And I thought my pecs were sore the other day... I can only imagine.

They don't say in the paper, but I wonder if he was actually attempting a few SEO injections rather than steroids - they're extremely popular in the Middle East (if all the stupid swellings on local bodybuilders are anything to go by) where he'd just come from. It seems more likely the oil (whatever the hell it was - left over frying oil?!?) would have been contaminated.

He is lucky he had a happy ending. I don't understand the thought process behind convincing yourself that introducing a foreign product that you can't 100% verify the sterility of is an okay scenario. If it was solely from his personal choice of reusing needles then there is no need to have empathy for that behavior. The reputation of AAS or whatever he thought he may have been injecting will continue to be tarnished by those who can't comprehend the magnitude of what they are embarking on.

Haha if he was injecting some frying oil I hope he had the audacity to heat the product up first. I wouldn't be surprised if someone really has injected some kind of cooking oil. Wasn't SEO oils originally marketed around the concept of promoting muscle fascia stretching in hopes to allow more growth?

Wasn't SEO oils originally marketed around the concept of promoting muscle fascia stretching in hopes to allow more growth?

Yes, which is mostly a load of crap IMO. The best thing for stretching the fascia is deep tissue massage/myofascial release. The results when I've worked on some competitors has been pretty impressive in terms of bringing out muscle bellies and shape.

However I do think SEOs have their place in competitive bodybuilding used very carefully and subtly to balance out imbalances or injuries (eg pec tears) that no amount of focused/unilateral training seems to improve.

He used either bad quality (homemade?) SEO or bad quality steroids. That wouldn't have happened if he had used good quality, sterile stuff.
Large amounts of androgens and low levels of estrogens probably played a role by weaking his immune system.

Shouldn't be on gear anyway he was a fat bastard