• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread (v2)

Not fussed on this stuff. Gives me super bad stomach cramps during and post. I often get diarrhoea the next day. 5 MAPDB is a winner though. No diarrhoea for me on that bad boy.

I have said this once, and I'll say it again. I love this stuff. Pure magic. Just got my tracking number today.

That is odd David, my vendor is still offering it, and I have yet to hear of it being banned any time soon.

Has anyone experienced a bad trip on 5-MAPB? Last Friday I took about 100mg orally and went out with my friend, everything was as it should be (the bodyload and first effects) but instead of mood lift or euphoria I got psychosis(?), I felt as if everyone was looking at me, laughing at me etc. and every distant sound was so overwhelming I felt like a psycho. It was extremely strange because every other positive and negative effect was the same as I experienced during previous trips - empathy, visuals, sound distortion, time perception, fast heart beating, vasoconstriction. It lasted for about 3 hours and then I felt just fine with the other effects slowly diminishing. Was it because of S&S? I can't really think of anything that could make my trip so bad, I was in a good mood prepared for a night out and it turned out to be my first bad trip ever. I'm thinking it could be due to overdose, but I've already taken such a high dose and nothing like that happened. Any thoughts?

Hi Romen, No never had a bad trip on it overall; however I have had some bad feeling emotions come up working together with my girl on it (couples therapy) and both times in it we worked through them. On 110 mgs emotions were definitely more intense than 50 mgs(which i did last night btw) so if anyone goes through bad emotions on it, they can go down into the depths of depair =-(,, super sad and they are definitely amplified, and likewise good emotions are amplified to terrific ones =-) AT least that's my experience

I wrote a trip report in the trip reports if you care to read http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/762323-50-mgs-5-mapb-quite-a-nice-time?p=13121456#post13121456

I've never had a bad trip on 5-MAPB but the third time I took it, I consumed 120 mg and found it was *way* too strong, with heavily blurred vision, inability to focus or communicate, and a sense of becoming incredibly warm and overheating. I had to splash my face and hair with cold water several times throughout the first hour or so of the experience to remain comfortable. The following days I felt incredibly tired and lethargic, though did not suffer from any depression. It cleared up after 5 days or so. I have concluded that 120 mg is certainly and overdose for myself, and I haven't touched 5-MAPB since, however I don't feel traumatized by it and would certainly try it again if the time ever seemed right, though if I did I would probably only take 50-75 mg (maaaaybe 100 mg), as these doses were always very pleasant for me in the past.

My girlfriend, however, has had a bad trip on 5-MAPB where she just felt horrid and depressed followed by apathetic numbness. She had no ill after effects, but she lost interest in trying compounds from the APB/MAPB series, as she's never really had good experiences with any of them before even trying the 5-MAPB. She did not have any hallucinogenic or psychosis-like symptoms. I would imagine you probably just took a relatively large dose and for whatever reason it hit you particularly hard this time around. When you consumed similar doses in the past, were you in a similar environment?

I've never had a bad trip on 5-MAPB but the third time I took it, I consumed 120 mg and found it was *way* too strong, with heavily blurred vision, inability to focus or communicate, and a sense of becoming incredibly warm and overheating. I had to splash my face and hair with cold water several times throughout the first hour or so of the experience to remain comfortable.

My first experience with 5-mapb was much like the following. Took a dose between 120-150 mg and although it was euphoric I was in a public place and had to return back home from the inability to see and the overheating/warmth. (I drank two bottles of cold gatorade in less than a half hour and it didnt seem to phase me)
Will probably dose less next time, and there will be a next time. Also no noticed next day effects. Sleep fine after roll.

quick question. My friend is planning on a re-up soon, offered me the ability to buy in. Even though this is a stable substance (at least the analogue MDMA which seems structurally similar is very stable and not prone to easily degrade unless hit with high heat and moisture ) I have to think ordering in the heat of the summer could effect potency of product. He scoffed at the idea and without revealing vendor info (Here for whatever it's worth) he described package as being sealed in two separate foil vac bags.... not sure what that means, but I kinda doubt that protects it from heat, moisture sure but end of summer heat seems inevitable on right now.

Am I off base on this thought pattern? I told him he should wait like a month or two, but he is impatient. Of course it comes from China so it is going to see some August heat though out the travel time.

quick question. My friend is planning on a re-up soon, offered me the ability to buy in. Even though this is a stable substance (at least the analogue MDMA which seems structurally similar is very stable and not prone to easily degrade unless hit with high heat and moisture ) I have to think ordering in the heat of the summer could effect potency of product. He scoffed at the idea and without revealing vendor info (Here for whatever it's worth) he described package as being sealed in two separate foil vac bags.... not sure what that means, but I kinda doubt that protects it from heat, moisture sure but end of summer heat seems inevitable on right now.

Am I off base on this thought pattern? I told him he should wait like a month or two, but he is impatient. Of course it comes from China so it is going to see some August heat though out the travel time.

not off base at all. heat traps moisture it gets sticky and yucky and can degrade potency correct, thats why they say of all supplements store in a cool dry place within a certain temperature range

wondering if anyone combined this either with dmaa,or ephedrine, or 2-Fma , all separately of course. and what were the results?

Last edited:
Update on bad 5-MAPB batch

A well known german supplier shipped what was supposedly 5-MAPB. It caused very serious medical emergencies at 100mg-200mg. GC-MS confirmed the material to be a mixture of 6-MAPB and AB-FUBINACA. Presumably the synthetic cannabinoid caused the overdoses.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR SUPPLIERS.

A well known german supplier shipped what was supposedly 5-MAPB. It caused very serious medical emergencies at 100mg-200mg. GC-MS confirmed the material to be a mixture of 6-MAPB and AB-FUBINACA. Presumably the synthetic cannabinoid caused the overdoses.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR SUPPLIERS.

AB-FUBINACA has been linked to hospitalizations and deaths due to its use Its also illegal in usa and germany.

was it tan cystals by any chance? I took some brownish tanish crystal stuff that tested out close to 5-mapb (tested out similar to mdma, black on marquis, used merke, mandelin, and simons a and b. 6-mapb would test similar and most likely AB FUBINACA wouldnt even show up on the five regeants tests) so maybe thats what I had. I got really sick off of 107 mgs weighed out back in april and on a scale of 1-10 got about a 7 , it was so bad, in not exaggerating, I did mdma 30 times or so before this and never got no where near the sides with this stuff. I threw the stuff out and it was three grams of it, if i got any worse I could have very well died. I ended up passing out in my kitchen while cooking and knocked my head on the floor hard. I culd have went to ER right then but I waited to next day to go to doctors and had a bunch of tests done.

Theres another guy that did his a few days after I did mine in the 5-mapb thread 1 and he passed out as well, was the same tan crystal stuff, went to ER. we had the same sides, dizzy, vertigo, blood sugar low feeling, I had hypermania, tearing up and crying the week after, getting ultra emotional, the roll went well, the sides were not even worth it though I dont know if ill ever figure out why I got those bad side effects . one thing is for sure, with a new batch of stuff start out low, bc with this research chems no idea whats in it, even basic tests kits from dancesafe dont show certain bad chemicals in them

Last edited:
That sounds quite nasty. The stuff I have seen ..... purchased apparently some time ago is really closer to off white, beighe more then tan.. Certainly not brown, but not a pure white.

Convinced my friend to wait until Mid September..... he needs to lay off it anyway IMO

That sounds quite nasty. The stuff I have seen ..... purchased apparently some time ago is really closer to off white, beighe more then tan.. Certainly not brown, but not a pure white.

Convinced my friend to wait until Mid September..... he needs to lay off it anyway IMO

yeah since I threw them old tan darkish yellow, brown crystal tan stuff out , tried some white beighe stuff , that tested good , I tried it at 50 mgs just to test it out and a bit underwhelming, still rolled some though, and since it seems to be a good batch can always up the dose next time. Once a person finds a good batch hold onto it for a long time, wont have to worry about finding a new batch , testing it again if dont want to, etc.

Furthermore, when switching to a new batch , even if it tests out as the correct substance on the regeants tests, it still could be dangerous chemicals in it, the tests done pick up so start low/lower the first time on new batch in mg and move up from there. wish I wouldnt done that in the past-; although, hindsights 20/20 ...the things if I could go back in time :p

yeah since I threw them old tan darkish yellow, brown crystal tan stuff out , tried some white beighe stuff , that tested good , I tried it at 50 mgs just to test it out and a bit underwhelming, still rolled some though, and since it seems to be a good batch can always up the dose next time. Once a person finds a good batch hold onto it for a long time, wont have to worry about finding a new batch , testing it again if dont want to, etc.

Furthermore, when switching to a new batch , even if it tests out as the correct substance on the regeants tests, it still could be dangerous chemicals in it, the tests done pick up so start low/lower the first time on new batch in mg and move up from there. wish I wouldnt done that in the past-; although, hindsights 20/20 ...the things if I could go back in time :p

quite true quite true. But I think abuse is abuse and from what my source has described overdoing it and or possibly building a tolerance leading a need to go higher can lead to brain zaps and some vertigo based on everything he described.

He really had trouble seeing that his pattern was abusive, kept telling me once a week was OK... because of some belief in the purity of the product. I kept telling him no it's not even if it is pure this stuff is a lot like MDMA, and when you have too much it starts to effect your brain.

He laid off for 3 weeks and said the difference was amazing in overall effectiveness. He has a lot of 'freinds' he likes to party with, I definitely told him he is better off saying no thanks everyonce in a while...... ahhh to be 20 something again...... at least I am trying to educate. I told him if he keeps it at once a month he will be better off, try to save it for like a special occaision not just... I'm bored gonna roll.

Side note he had bad side effects twice after going hard 2 weekends in a row, and when I say hard I mean hard.... confessed multiple re-doses after a solid 130 mg oral starting dose. and I mean he started on Saturday, and didn't stop till Sunday. Saying by the end redoses were just a futile attempt to keep the feeling going. So yeah by Wednesday Thursday he felt the effects!

Yup, don't abuse this one. It will not be kind.

I kind of miss this one, even though I'd never do them again. :)

Still, it was somewhat unique.

a person i thought i trusted was making pressies out of the good stuff at first, then after a few months resorted to pressing with this shit. Not telling me that he switched it up i ended up thinking i was going to have a great night and ended up eating 2 of these rolls and well long story short ended up in the hospital, forgot how to breathe and ended up having about 12 mg of adavan pumped in me to calm me down and put me to sleep. i found out like 2 weeeks after this that it was 5 mapb in the pressies and now i always tell people to just look out for it, apparently it tests black as well.

do you guys think this one would have therapeutic potential like MDMA?

Yeah, it can. It's similar to mdma in a lot of ways, but there are some clear differences as well. It's still euphoric and empathogenic, as well as feeling like a "roll." The body and head high are strong, but it's sedative and doesn't make you blurt out everything like mdma would. But conversation is still smooth and fluid; you'll find yourself empathizing and feeling empowered by your own realizations. All of the above are there with 5 mapb, just like with mdma, but not as strong. It's hard to explain, but even though a high dose will strengthen its effects, it still won't reach mdma's level.

The main differences ime are a bit less strength especially in empathy/talkativeness, no magic, crazier nystagmus, sedative, able to redose at any time (unlike mdma) and vasoconstriction.

Hmm...it's like comparing running (5 mapb) with bicycling (mdma). Bicycling will always take you farther, even if you run (5 mapb) or sprint (high dose 5 mapb). Sprinting can be intense, even if you don't go as far as you would riding a bicycle. But both will take you where you want to go as they have similar effects. Beware of a high dose of 5 mapb though, as it may wear you out more.

Btw, my analogies suck. Hopefully it's a bit more clear though. :)

It did clear it up and thank you very much man

I think the lack of the full kick that MDMA has is probably because 5-MAPB is probably almost exclusively serotonergic, as are the other 5-benzofurans

This would explain no talkativeness (that happens with strict DA/NE stimulants so not a requirement for empathogenia in some sense) and sedation.

It would also mean that the effects wouldn't be so in-your-face so if one is dosing high, even if they don't feel rolling really hard they still are releasing massive amounts of serotonin, which could cause a bad comedown. But that's another question, i'm going off on a tangente here lol anyway thanks!

a person i thought i trusted was making pressies out of the good stuff at first, then after a few months resorted to pressing with this shit. Not telling me that he switched it up i ended up thinking i was going to have a great night and ended up eating 2 of these rolls and well long story short ended up in the hospital, forgot how to breathe and ended up having about 12 mg of adavan pumped in me to calm me down and put me to sleep. i found out like 2 weeeks after this that it was 5 mapb in the pressies and now i always tell people to just look out for it, apparently it tests black as well.

It tests very close to MDMA with dance safe kits. But it all depends on what else was in the mix for the pressie as you call it, and of course the milligram content which should stay at under 100 mg per pill IMO

you have not really given is much information but we are quite sorry you were deceived and wound up in a Hospital. The product is far from 'shit' for many people but I would not take 200 mg of this stuff..... lol I think I would be up for a LOooooooooooooooooOOOOng time, and that is not my style.

You would not be the first to report having some issues breathing on high doses, your threshold dose may just be on the lower side. My threshold dose is around 30 milligrams, and my I know I am on drugs dose is at about 50 to 60 milligrams, when my ROA is up the nose.

Without knowledge of the actual dose in your pressie most of us will be left scratching our heads

yes it has therapeutic effects. the dopamine and ne/na release is low on 5-mapb and i can see where too much serotonin release can lead to bad sides. this happened to myself, either that or i just got a containmented batch or both idk serotonin release is plenty on this stuff
people trying to duplicate mdma use the borax combo or something like that

It tests very close to MDMA with dance safe kits. But it all depends on what else was in the mix for the pressie as you call it, and of course the milligram content which should stay at under 100 mg per pill IMO

you have not really given is much information but we are quite sorry you were deceived and wound up in a Hospital. The product is far from 'shit' for many people but I would not take 200 mg of this stuff..... lol I think I would be up for a LOooooooooooooooooOOOOng time, and that is not my style.

You would not be the first to report having some issues breathing on high doses, your threshold dose may just be on the lower side. My threshold dose is around 30 milligrams, and my I know I am on drugs dose is at about 50 to 60 milligrams, when my ROA is up the nose.

Without knowledge of the actual dose in your pressie most of us will be left scratching our heads

I tested it on all five regeants tests and I could not tell the difference ...anyone can look at it and say thats mdma.

Up the nose is shorter, more intense and less is needed than oral. Ive done it fifteen years ago I would take a mdma pill orally and me and a rolling mate would snort half a pill or while coming up. From experience snorting would cause a quick comeup and comedown too fast for my liking, so for myself , oral seems to best, more steadier, longer, and id when oral hits its intense enough at the sweet spot dosing - not too high, not too low. Snorting seemed to be a bit too intense for me, harder comedown, and leaving me more drained. been a long time since i did it so i could be wrong . oral seemed quite intense enough

Last edited: