• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Backwards & Traumatizing (A Bad Mushroom Trip)

H1gh_M1nded

Greenlighter
First off, I'm not trying to scare anyone away from Mushrooms. Mushrooms are awesome, as long as you don't do too much. But I feel like sharing a scary story. The scariest experience of my entire life lol.

A little background on me first I suppose - I'm 19F, I live in a beautiful mountain valley in BC, Canada. And I'm a huge stoner. I don't do other drugs too often anymore, and honestly I'm not even a big fan of drinking, but I've definitely had my fair share of awesome experiences over the past couple years, with only one terrible, terrible night.

I'm realizing as I'm getting closer to actually recalling the story that it probably won't sound as bad as it felt, one of those you-had-to-be-there moments. But I'd love to hear from anyone who's experienced the same kind of thing.

It had been probably 4-5 months since the last time I had done mushrooms,
I was at a friend's house (M) with her brother (J), her boyfriend (N), and another friend (C). They had been doing shrooms for about 2 weeks or so, not every day but a couple times a week, so of course their tolerance was 50x higher than mine. N and M said they wanted to go all out and eat more than they had been recently, and of course dumbass Chloe (that's me) agreed, even though I was told these were the most potent mushrooms they had ever eaten...

We each had about 4g, ate them together, and started watching a movie while we waited for the adventure to begin. Within 15-20 minutes I was seeing faint rainbow kaleidoscopes on top of everything in the room and C and I both had a huge goofy grin plastered on our face. We would burst out laughing at absolutely nothing every 5 minutes, probably less.

The situation escalated quickly. M went to her parent's bedroom and layed down and tripped balls by herself for a while. I was laughing at something random when all of a sudden I had the most intense need to pee in the entire world, it just hit me like a truck, I was frozen in my spot on the edge of the couch, high as f*ck, unable to get up or I was sure I was going to pee all over myself. J and N were sitting in the room staring at me going nuts squirming on the couch and I was saying something about "I have no idea what to do right now" but I obviously didn't say I was going to piss myself. I forced myself into the mentality that I could stand up and walk to the bathroom quickly before anything happened and immediately I did it. I made it to the bathroom and that's when sh*t hit the fan.

I was so high that by the time I had finished peeing I couldn't make myself unroll some toilet paper and wipe, I just sat there for a few minutes staring at the patterns forming and moving around me. Then C opened the door to the bathroom while I was sitting there, startled the crap out of me for a second but then closed the door again and collapsed outside the door laughing his a*s off. I was laughing too, doubled over on the toilet, and then I couldn't sit back up again. I tried, I really really tried, and a few times I did it but then my body fell right back into the same position as if I had no bones, still sitting on the f*cking toilet with my pants around my ankles and my chest to my knees. I told C I couldn't move and he said he couldn't either. We were both bursting out with insane laughter at random times, paralyzed in our positions at the same time. Turns out everybody was paralyzed and going insane at the same time. I was just getting higher by the second. I had to puke, but I still couldn't hold myself up, I ended up looking like a puppet on strings controlled by a disabled kid. I called out to M and told her I was going to puke on her bathroom carpet and that I was really sorry but I couldn't do anything to stop it. She wanted to come in to help but I yelled at her not to, I don't know why, I didn't know if someone being in the bathroom while you were on the toilet was a proper thing in the world or not. So I puked very loudly and brutally. Then everything outside the bathroom door was chaos, there was someone opening and slamming the cutlery drawer over and over in the kitchen, something that sounded like weird music was playing, C laughing hysterically still, said "This is how people go insane". That really set me off. Still stuck in the same position in the bathroom, everything lost meaning, my brain turned to mush. I could not even remember my own name. I had no idea who I was, where I was, no recollection of anything in my past, nothing. Imagine not having a single f*cking scrap of knowledge about the outside world or yourself while paralyzed, surrounded by 100 different images and shapes and patterns and colours that are all blended together very poorly with gaps and glitches and I thought I was going to be like that for the rest of my life. Nothing was moving and everything was in constant motion at the same time. My vision was blurry and also very sharp. I wondered if there was someone you could call to help (I was thinking of 911 but I didn't know if something like that actually existed).
I could hear people talking outside the bathroom but it literally sounded as if they had recorded their sentences and then were playing them backwards. And their words were hitched, like a scratch on a record.

I felt like I had been caught in some glitch between the fabric of what we know to be reality, wasn't supposed to be there, wasn't supposed to slip out of my brain's programming. I was in oblivion, absolute confusion, with no concept of time, not a single clue how long this had been going on or if it would ever end. I didn't even remember how I ended up so f*cked up, in my puddle of a brain I remember an image popping up of me taking a bong toke, but I couldn't remember if that was what caused it or if I had ever done whatever-it-was before that night.

I started to come down after what seemed like eternity and I guess everybody had left the area but that didn't stop me from yelling out "Ok guys.....I think it's over now..."
Lmao
Apparently they were downstairs outside having a smoke but definitely still heard me..J still jokes around about that almost every time I see him.

Worst 2 hours of my life.

Mushrooms are one of those substances that always seem to have the potential and ability to provide a thorough ass kicking. It seems like it doesn't even matter if you are an experienced, grizzled old vet, and the dosage is at a level that you have done many times before. Every now and then they will put the boot to you just to keep you honest ;).

I won't touch shrooms anymore - your right even with experienced trippers they have the potential to go seriously wrong, whilst not for me having as great benefits as acid dmt or other - I am not sure it's always honest - I've got pretty messed up from a shroom trip and really went down hill mentally for a while - there was no positive out of it. Went back many times but they just are not for me.

Sounds like everytime i take over an 8th of good mushrooms.u have an ego death.theres been plenty of times i have gone "crazy" asking people who i was or not being able to move/do simple tasks..and my favorite screaming at myself in a mirror or thinking i am screaming because i usually cant talk.".what am i?" Because i had no concept of anything and no memories of even the easist thing like my name..a complete blank slate ..with shrooms its only a bad trip if u begin to think of everything in a bad light or become scared..some of what i would call my worst trips because i was scared turned out to be the ones that has helped me the most in my everyday life/spirituality because of the intensity of the trip

Last edited: