• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth alternative ideas?

Searching4truth

Bluelighter
I love meth. I'm not addicted to it but have been. I more or less hate the way I feel without it. I have no energy or motivation. These days I take 150 mgs and that'll last me about three days with sleep at night. It's not even about being high. I get a little rush but I could live without it I go to the gym three days per week and I don't smoke it. I've tried various supplements and herbs. I've been to the doctor and had all kinds of tests and they're all normal. I regulate my meth use because I don't want to be hooked so I go through about 1/2 gram per month. I'm just concerned about my health. I don't want to trade energy and feeling good for destruction of my health over a long period of time. Any suggestions on safer or more healthy things I can take to achieve this feeling?

I don't think we can recommend any drugs. Even if they're herbal. Most herbal supplements and such aren't regulated and could be damaging in the same ways as drugs are in relation to habitual use.

The sad reality is that you're gonna have to find this motivation and such without anything if you wish to avoid health concerns

Theres an energy drink called. 'RedLine' its a very strong energy drink/fat burner drink. I warn you that the shit is strong as fuck, its damn good and will fuck you up!

I'll look for Redline. I'm definitely not trying to ask to bend the rules by drug recommendations.

There's a few things I can think of...

+ Nicotine, like cigarettes or e-cigs.
+ Caffeine, especially energy drinks or energy shots.
+ Prescription amphetamines, such as Dexedrine or Adderall.
+ Sugary carbohydrate food like pure sugar, candy, soda, etc.

Those are pretty much the only real options that I've found for being able to muster yourself to do anything during the withdrawal phase.

Aside from that, the best thing to do is to eat and drink a proper diet, like get protein, fat, fibre, all the micro-nutrients (especially stuff like zinc, magnesium, vitamin b's, c, calcium, etc), then sleeping as much as possible (not unheard of to sleep like 16 hours a night for a week).

If you eat good and sleep as much as possible, you will end the withdrawal period quicker. After that, exercising frequently like lots of cardio and strength-training exercise regularly plus a diet high in calories and nutrition will lead you to having far more baseline energy, so if you do start using meth again, the crash won't be nearly as brutal.

The real problem is that a lot of tweakers end up laying around not eating or doing anything physical while high, so the crash is not just coming down, but also needing to recover from inactivity and basically starvation.

You can totally change the experience if you are regularly eating right and active and you do speed, as it goes from making you uber relaxed and sitting still for hours, to super-charging energy in a different way.

Aside from that, regular use of other stimulants can help tide you over between binges. There's things like benzos, 5-htp, and various supplements like magnesium, kava kava, etc, that can be used to treat the psychological aspects of the withdrawal (although benzos really help with the twitching and stiffness).

A friend im posting for is using a-php for all the practical reasons for using meth. Nice stimulation and rush when smoked then you can go along with the "lets do something cause were high now"

Sometimes I indulge a little and go for the rush. I try to make 1/2 gram last a month, if that tells you anything. But I have a thing with RC's. I thought about trying the a-PhP but I can't bring myself to try it. lol.